PDA

View Full Version : Grenades?

Naobi
11-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Do frag grenades actually do damage because the rule book doesn't say much on them.

dagonis
11-08-2009, 09:34 PM
There is a pretty concise explanation of grenades on page 36 of the rule book.

Grotzooka
11-08-2009, 10:19 PM
No.

DarkLink
11-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Yeah, actually.

Frag grenades are offensive grenades. By pg 63 of the BRB, offensive and defensive grenades may be used against vehicles, rolling 4+d6 for their damage.

They can't be used against non-vehicle units, though.

keithsilva
11-09-2009, 12:25 PM
but nothing in the rule books states u cant not use them against lets say a wraithlord, it has a strength vaule, and agianst tanks it has a AP. If used agianst the wraithlord, he would still get a save, nothing in the book says u cant.

Lord Azaghul
11-09-2009, 12:38 PM
but nothing in the rule books states u cant not use them against lets say a wraithlord, it has a strength vaule, and agianst tanks it has a AP. If used agianst the wraithlord, he would still get a save, nothing in the book says u cant.

No.
The rule book is written from the 'what you can do' perspective. Not "what you can't do'.
It seems to be me that when people follow the 'can't perspective is it with intended rules abuse. To that perspective I believe the correct response to be 'the rule book doesn't say I can't hit you'!

Nabterayl
11-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Remember that grenades don't have a weapon profile. Page 63 says that "Against vehicles, grenades have the following armour penetration:" So the fact that they have a Strength (technically not even that, just an unusual armor penetration roll) against vehicles is a specifically enumerated exception to the fact that, in general, grenades have no profile.