PDA

View Full Version : 4-way annihilation (World Eaters/daemons vs dark angels vs thousand sons vs tau) 1500

droozy
05-30-2013, 12:24 AM
Sunday was my buddies bday celebration and his wish was to play a massive game with the 4 homies. So there we were, beef roast, bbq chicken, cupcakes and bloodshed. Pretty epic. As my girlfriend proceeded to drink wine and cook food with equal zeal, two chaos armies, a loyalist and a Xenos army took to the field.

The first twist was rolling on the 'mysterious water table' in the rulebook and coming up with hyperslime(5+ feel no pain save, leadership test to move or shoot). The thousand sons quickly took average of this, plunging in to add to their already impressive durability. Thousand sons Drew first blood by killing both tau squads of pathfinders, leaving the tau with little marker light capability. Next the dark angels, seeing the layout of the battle mistakenly assumed that they were out of harms way as the world eaters and the thousand sons seemed to be preoccupied with slaughtering the tau. The da army proceeded to thin their lines as they ran to attempt to engage anybody. No one was in range so it moved to yours truly with my world eaters/daemon army. With only two squads of berzerkers and a squad of bikers on the table and a heldrake, obliterators and a 20 strong squad of bloodletters w/ herald of khorne in reserve I rolled and couldn't get a thing out. So I split my small army sending the berzerkers after the tau and the bikers doubling back to threaten a venerable dreadnought from the da side. tau's first turn was to pop the thousand sons helbrute with the hammerhead. two squads of cultists with auto guns from the 1k sons took a beating, but without their marker lights tau wasn't having much luck and both squads escaped without needing to take a leadership test.

1k sons continued the assault on the tau unleashing termies of tzeench (mark) and Ahriman from his land raider. Ahriman immediately started to thrash everyone by puppet mastering tau broadsides and enfeebling anything that moved. This continued throughout the game. The da army reacted to my feint with the bikers as I had hoped, moving the bulk of his army to intercept. he believed he had found some low hanging fruit but was disappointed as the bikers jinked their way to another turn. My turn brought my heldrake out of reserve. Unfortunately the da had an aegis defense line and I was forced to keep him out of line of sight to prevent his early demise. My bikers popped off with melta guns but low rolls kept my opponents dreadnought alive, if immobilized. Berzerkers continued their charge towards the tau front lines, with kharn the betrayer in the rear. The tau at this point wrote off my movements toward him as by that time my berzerkers were at less than half strength. Before the end of the game I would show him why kharn is never to be underestimated. Completely wrapped up in his battle with the 1k sons, he continued to shoot poorly without the aid of his marker lights. Although his hammerhead did pop the 1k sons land raider.

Ahriman earned his place as warlord as he and his termies proceeded to relentlessly pound the remaining tau infantry, the last of which he killed with his remaining cultists on the charge. My bikers were not so lucky this time around. The shear volume of fire poured into them was flattering. At this point the da army was spread out with the bulk guarding the approach of my now dead bikers and a tac squad and termies attempting to engage the 1k sons. This left Precisely the hole I was looking for. Obliterators then bloodletters dropped without issue behind his forces. The heldrake popped out of hiding to flame the tac squad Manning the aegis defense line, the obliterators cleaned up the rest of the squad. My turn ended with a charge of a 4 man berzerker squad against a squad of 3 crisis suits. The round of combat was uneventful. Tau, seeing now that my full army was out and arrayed against the da army, completely focused his attention in the 1k sons. Not like he had a choice, Ahriman was leading his troops to a seemingly assured victory. The tau did, however, move his riptide to engage the berzerkers that had broken thru, but the mech suit was woefully bad in close combat against my berzerkers, never even inflicting a single, wound on the boys in red.

1k sons continued to throw cultists with great success at the tau. The da, now realizing what a precarious situation they were in, panicked. Moving his closest squad (termies) to man the defense line and attempting to reorganize to meet the new daemon threat, the da floundered as now they had found combat against the 1k sons and faced a fight on two fronts. A shot was taken and missed against my heldrake and a few bloodletters fell but nothing that could stop the onslaught. My next turn brought serious damage to the da army as I roasted marines, plasma cannoned termies and cut the remaining tac squad to pieces with my bloodletters. This turn also brought kharn into combat as he charged the melee with crisis suits cutting two of three down and wounding the last. tau's turn brought a final end to the cultists that were harassing his line but his assault phase brought the end of his crisis suit team at the hands of kharn. Free from combat he was now free to charge the riptide in the next turn.

1k sons continued to dominate their side of the board, engaging both tau and da with a vicious barrage of spells and AP 3 attacks. Not to mention his heldrake that continued to roast the tau lines. The da army, now broken and demoralized, fell apart, lashing out in all directions with little success. My next turn brought the complete annihilation of the dark angels force. Between the heldrake and obliterators, the last survivors didn't stand a chance and the bloodletters cleaned up. On the other side of the board kharn took all 5 wounds from the riptide on the charge. And he only killed one of his own men in the process! Way to go kharn! At the end of five it was world eaters-9, 1k sons-8, tau-7 and dark angels-4.

Blood for the Blood God!

jgebi
05-30-2013, 01:16 AM
that was just brutal

Magpie
05-30-2013, 05:10 AM
that was just brutal

You're not wrong, not a comma or paragraph to be seen !

droozy
05-30-2013, 01:55 PM
You're not wrong, not a comma or paragraph to be seen !

I'm terribly sorry, didn't realize the punctuation police was on the prowl.

Caitsidhe
05-30-2013, 01:58 PM
I'm terribly sorry, didn't realize the punctuation police was on the prowl.

<laughs> Nobody cares about a typo or two. Bad grammar doesn't really raise an eyebrow. A total lack of punctuation makes a long body of text a pain to read. I stopped pretty short simply because I didn't have the time or inclination to guestimate where the pauses go. :D

droozy
05-30-2013, 02:19 PM
<laughs> Nobody cares about a typo or two. Bad grammar doesn't really raise an eyebrow. A total lack of punctuation makes a long body of text a pain to read. I stopped pretty short simply because I didn't have the time or inclination to guestimate where the pauses go. :D

-adds paragraph breaks-

Does that make it more palatable? I appreciate feedback, just not snarky comments. I wrote this on my phone while stuck somewhere for an extended time, my phone isn't friendly for word processing.

Caitsidhe
05-30-2013, 02:34 PM
-adds paragraph breaks-

Does that make it more palatable? I appreciate feedback, just not snarky comments. I wrote this on my phone while stuck somewhere for an extended time, my phone isn't friendly for word processing.

Yes. That makes it much more digestable. I doubt they were being snarky just kind of at a loss for words. Remember that body language and tone aren't really carried through the internet. We tend to apply the ones least appropriate when we get defensive.

droozy
05-30-2013, 02:52 PM
Yes. That makes it much more digestable. I doubt they were being snarky just kind of at a loss for words. Remember that body language and tone aren't really carried through the internet. We tend to apply the ones least appropriate when we get defensive.

Benefit of doubt given. Moving on with life.