PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer Chariot Question?

chicop76
05-29-2013, 02:01 AM
I can't believe that this is even being debated, but it's so frustrating that I stopped using my flaming chariot.

What I was doing was sprinkling +3 invulverable save on it and being tzeentch it can re roll ones meaning twos is the only way of really hurting it. I gave it two lesser rewards which the mac daddy flamer was strength 6.

Everything was fine and dandy until I moved over my targets and did my flyover attacks. The awesome part is the models I killed blew up killing more models and that flickering fire or death at strenght 6.

This issue came up and it turned into two ways of looking at what happens. Usually I have to roll off to see which way it works. One way it's awsome and one way it's simply not worth it.

A. 3 attacks which I roll d6 hitting on 3's or 4'. This way I am doing 3-18 attacks hitting on 3's if I move with 6" or 4's within 12". I have to see if diviation would work with this, but with that many attacks I can do serious damage with strength 6 ap 4. I know I can do strength 4 ap 2 if I need too.

B. The other way is you simply roll a d6 per attack. Meaning only 3 attacks that can't be modified. It's not bad, but due to it's almost unlikely I will use it's flame attacks and due to hammer of wrath can give out fnp the other way seems a bit better.

Magpie
05-29-2013, 02:20 AM
I'm not really understanding what the alternatives are.

The Sweep Attack rule says you roll a "To Hit" D6 for each attack on your profile, I can't see where 3 to 18 attacks would come from?

Demonus
05-29-2013, 07:52 AM
yup its 3 attacks, each rolling a d6 to hit. Not 3d6 attacks.