PDA

View Full Version : More Eldar Rumors

Zphindar
05-27-2013, 05:07 PM
Don't know if it was posted yet. if so plz delete. the other thread is 186 pages... didn't find mention of any of this:

I downloaded the iBook sample on a hunch and here is what I found in it:

First off, the sample iBook makes me want to buy the codex on iPad, I love the interactivity.... full price for a digital copy however is stupid so I won't.

Vypers: BS4!!!!!!!
Otherwise same stats as from the current codex. I only have the descriptive on it however so I can't tell about weapon loadout or whatnot.

Fire Dragons:
They have generally the same aspect stats that all aspect warriors/exarch have, come equipped with fusion guns and if I recall melta bombs.

They come equipped with "Heavy Aspect Warrior Armor" for a 3+ save, instead of their old 4+.

they are costed at I think 6pts more per model (dont have current dex with me).

Exarch has same old options (Firepike/Dragon's breath) but can buy up to two powers from a list of three (I forget the names)

Warp Spiders: 3 pts less per model than current
Exarch upgrade very cheap

So they cost alot less
Same weapon options/stats as in current dex. Ancient Doom + Battle Focus (no fleet)

I won't post all the pts options, cause that would be wrong. I can't see the exarch power names, but again choose 2 out of 3.

Now almost at the back there's a page with 2 very small lists of "options" one for vehicles, and one for "Remnants of Glory" which seem to be "magical" items, only one of each per army, pricey enough that you can take a few, without wanting to take them all. name examples: Pheonix Gem, and Mantle of the Laughing God

Vehicle options:
Crystal Targeting Matrix is back!!!! Woot. No idea how it works yet though.
Ghostwalk matrix???
rest is like current dex.

I havent read the fluff samples that came in the sample yet, I wanted to share this info with fellow players.

BS4 vypers.... I'm hoping for BS4 Vehicles .

CTM is a pleasant surprise for me.

Glories seem to be pretty interesting, mentions that it replaces one of the bearer's weapons... wondering if Exarch can take them or only ICs.

Read a bit more. Great fluff, cant wait to read it all.

Theres a story attached to the vyper entry in it, it mentions some tyranid dying to a stream of monofilament disks coming from the Shuriken cannon... As we can see from the updated Eldar Q&A, monofilament is a new weapon rule... I wonder what it does. some rumours were saying rending minus the affecting vehicles.

so the Shadow Weavers have the rule, Shuriken Cannons too.... I wonder if all shuriken weapons and if teh warp spider's gun will have it too.

Zphindar
05-27-2013, 05:09 PM
As you can see long time reader, first time poster :)

Sorry for the bad english, not my first language. Also I copied the entries from a post I made on my comunity's gaming site, so the thoughts seem scattered :)

Chair126
05-27-2013, 05:21 PM
some guys at 3++ have managed to decifer wht the wargear is (http://www.3plusplus.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2430)

crystal target matrix i think is the twinlinkin thingie the wraithknight has for its scatter lasers

chicop76
05-27-2013, 09:59 PM
Was it a regulr vyper or black vyper. Black vyper's was bs4.

I miss the crystal matrix. I can fire during movement phase at anytime during my movement. Allow me to jump out of terrain fire and hide behind another piece of terrain. Was a very good upgrade.

Redemption
05-27-2013, 10:53 PM
crystal target matrix i think is the twinlinkin thingie the wraithknight has for its scatter lasers
The White Dwarf battle report says that is the Laser Lock rule, and it seems to be part of the Scatter Laser itself rather then being something Wraithknight specific. So the CTM is probably something else.

SeekingOne
05-27-2013, 11:32 PM
The White Dwarf battle report says that is the Laser Lock rule, and it seems to be part of the Scatter Laser itself rather then being something Wraithknight specific. So the CTM is probably something else.

Agree with this. CTM is listed as a vehicle upgrade - so it would be very odd and unusual (for 40k codices) for it to be installed on a WK, as it's not a vehicle.

Redemption
05-28-2013, 12:23 AM
Warp Spiders: 3 pts less per model than current
Exarch upgrade very cheap

So they cost alot less
Same weapon options/stats as in current dex. Ancient Doom + Battle Focus (no fleet)

I believe Warp Spiders actually do have Fleet, the rule is just cut off from that preview, like the Exarch powers are. In this bestiary entry shown in the White Dwarf (click to enlarge), you can just about make out the words Fleet and Hit & Run:

https://imageshack.us/scaled/large/46/img20130522164936.jpg (https://imageshack.us/scaled/large/46/img20130522164936.jpg)

Also, it seems like they're Jet Pack infantry instead of Jump Infantry now. So either Deep strike or a 6" Move with the Jet Pack, then a rerollable 1d6" Run move with Fleet and Battle Focus, shoot their Deathspinners, rerollable 2d6" Thrust move with the Jet Pack.

I wonder if the Warp Jump generator adds any other special rules or just makes a model Jet Pack infantry. Hopefully the randomly disappearing in the warp on a double is gone. :)

Xanadu
05-28-2013, 01:57 PM
I was just buzzing around /tg/ and found these interesting rumours:

eldar warlord traits:
1. one use only. in the own shooting or assault phase, the warlord and all allies within 12" reroll failed to wound rolls of 1.
2. one use only. in the enemys shooting phase. the warlord and all allies within 12" gain the stealth usr.
3. the warlord and his unit add +1 to their run movement (so d6 + 1)
4. the warlord rerolls failed saves of 1.
5. the warlord got the split fire usr
6. allied eldar units deepstriking within 6" around the warlord dont scatter.

exarch abilites. some are USR some are codex specific:

fear, monsterhunter, night vision, feel no pain, hit & run.

sniper vision : the exarch has precision shots on a 5+

iron resolve: the exarch has +1 LD

disarm: in a challenge before striking blows, the exarch player and the enemy both roll a d6. if the exarch player rolls equal or higher than the enemy the enemys weapon counts as a normal close combat weapon instead.
if the WS of the exarch is higher than the enemy, you add +1 to your D6 roll.

fire hail (may be spelled wrong i translate here): the exarch may fire his weapon 1 more time than normal. has no use on flamers.

assassin: in a challenge, the exarch and his enemy both roll a D6. if equal or higher the exarch may reroll failed to wound rolls. if the initiative of the exarch is higher than the opponents, he adds +1 to his roll.

shield of grace: in a challenge, instead of attacking the exarch has a 3+ invulnerable save.

battle luck : 4+ invul for the exarch

crushing blow : +1 S for the exarch.

whats interessting is : the avatar can get exarch powers. so pretty fun

And...

and a small cont :

army special rules :

old nemesis : hatred (daemons of slaanesh and enemys with the mark of slaanesh) also they have -1 on their LD when doing fear tests against daemons of slaanesh and enemys with the mark of slaanesh

battletrance: the unit may run and shoot or shoot and run. you have to run& shoot or shoot& run with each unit before you can move the next unit. models cannot run & shoot or shoot & run with heavy weapons unless they got the relentless special rule.

vehicle equipment:

mindbreaker: every enemy and friendly unit within 12" has to reroll passed lmorale and pinning tests.

ghostpath matrix: the vehicle gets the move through cover USR

holofield: the vehicle grants +1 on its cover save if it has moved.

forcefield : 5+ invul

crystal targeting matrix: one use only. the vehicle (except walkers) can fire a weapon at full BS even if it has moved with cruising speed.

soulstones: the vehicle ignores crew shaken on 2+ and crew stunned on 4+

serpent shield: as long as the shield is active, every penetrating hit on the front and side armor of a vehicle is a glance on a d6 roll of 2+
the shield may be deactivated to grant a following shooting attack :
60" s 7 ap - assault d6+1, ignores cover, pinning.

star engine: a vehicle that is no walker can move 24" with cruising speed. a walker runs +3"

vector engine: as long as the vehicle isnt immobilized, the vehicle can turn after shooting.

Obviously, as it's from the Soho of the internet, it may be genuine, it may be bunkum... I'll take a salty swig.

Kaotic.Disorder
05-29-2013, 02:32 AM
I found this http://pastebin.com/SrNavAep