PDA

View Full Version : Bit more Info on Iyanden Supplement

DrLove42
05-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Asked my store manager about the Iyanden appendix today

He's said that it is available as a hardback book, isn't sure if it will be in stores or direct only though.

It should also contain the histroy, the scenarios, but hes said it may contain new Warlord Traits, Physic powers (maybe one focusing on "wraith constructs") and Relics (Wargear)

If true i'm very happy.

Learn2Eel
05-27-2013, 09:03 AM
Sounds neat. New Warlord Traits and Psychic Powers would be odd if there weren't some army list changes as well, though as a supplement it could be that it merely supplements (duh) the main codex; i.e. the benefit of purchasing it (aside from the fluff goodies) is that you gain an extra Warlord trait table and psychic power table to choose from.

Eberk
05-27-2013, 01:21 PM
I was also in my regular store today (independent stockist) and the manager said it wasn't on his list of things he could order.

Direct Only or not... I do hope for a hardback edition

Kamin_Majere
05-27-2013, 05:36 PM
I just want them to give us Iyanna Arienal back... I think I would buy that book if the only rules in it were for her

(though bonus if we also get Kelmon as a Wraithseer :) )

deinol
05-27-2013, 05:37 PM
I was also in my regular store today (independent stockist) and the manager said it wasn't on his list of things he could order.

Direct Only or not... I do hope for a hardback edition

It comes out the 8th, not the first, so it'll hopefully be on the order lists for the following week. I bet they wanted it all at once but sent it to the printer just a week too late.

Gir
05-27-2013, 09:42 PM
Is it to much to ask for Wraithlord Troops again? It is? Okay :(

JMichael
05-27-2013, 10:19 PM

Yes, it is too much! And I'm a huge Eldar fan!
But, I would guess and hope that Wraithlords might move to Elites for Iyanden. Then you could have Wraithguard troops, Wraithlord Elites, and WraithKnight Heavy!

eldargal
05-27-2013, 10:37 PM
Just hope the page count is around 90+. Perhaps now people will stop insisting it is a pure lore book despite WD saying otherwise...

DrLove42
05-28-2013, 05:12 AM
I'll be ordering one in store when I pick up my preorders on Saturday. Anything Eldar I will always swallow up.

Sonikgav
05-28-2013, 05:32 AM
As long as it doesnt turn out to be a case of not being able to play my All Wraith army using only the codex, and having to buy another book because the way theyre pushing the Wraithguard/Knight that will look like a deliberate delay to trick people into two books.

CouchViking
05-28-2013, 01:42 PM
I don't think it will be a gimmick to field wraith based armies, the spiritseer HQ option takes care of that. Although it would be nice if a new warlord chart, a power here or there, an army based rule, or a new hq. But I'm a fluff junkie too, so if that's all we get I'll be happy with that.

Gwyidion
06-02-2013, 12:09 PM
I'd buy the book if the rules are good.

If the rules are good for an Iyanden list (like wraithlord elites, or say, mixing weapon setups in wraithguard/blade selections) it makes me feel WAY better about what I feel are some missed opportunities in the Eldar rewrite.

It basically says to me, that the Main codex is to get all the necessary rules and stuff there, and the alternate supplements are to flesh things out. (say, aspects as troops based on autarch choises in a biel tan supplement)

etc.

Cautiously optimistic about this.

Deadlift
06-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Not to get any hopes up, but Iyanna Arienal has a mention / quote on page 7 in the preview of the Iyanden supplement. Could be nothing but thought I would mention it.

Houghten
06-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Here's my best guess, two words: Wraithlord. Squads.

Cpt Codpiece
06-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Here's my best guess, two words: Wraithlord. Squads.

there is only one thing better than this idea.....

wraithknight squads :)

Mr Mystery
06-02-2013, 03:04 PM
there is only one thing better than this idea.....

wraithknight squads :)

You silly sod :p

Deadlift
06-02-2013, 03:11 PM
Any chance the Wraithseer could make it into the book ?

Cpt Codpiece
06-02-2013, 08:22 PM
You silly sod :p

hey alpacalypse is coming next month, we may see a wraithknight octuplet squad :) (sad really 8 eldar needed to act as a squad of 4, 4 pilots and 4 dead octuplets in the stones :()

Marshal2Crusaders
06-02-2013, 08:39 PM
If they do this the right way they will be onto pure gold. Craft worlds, depths, tribes, dynasties, kabals, and chapters plus the main codexes will drive sales through the roof.

ammobunkerdean
06-04-2013, 06:17 PM

Yes, it is too much! And I'm a huge Eldar fan!
But, I would guess and hope that Wraithlords might move to Elites for Iyanden. Then you could have Wraithguard troops, Wraithlord Elites, and WraithKnight Heavy!

Well they did make a nice expensive new box they want to sell a bunch of..... I would bet they do.

My DA got a specialized termi box and a specialized bike box.... Guess what... The boxes as lableled are not Troops choices but the options inside are....

deaddice
06-04-2013, 06:39 PM
Drastanta, Tempest of Starlight and Phoenix Lord of the Shining Spears is mentioned in one of the special items !

He does exist !

Whether we every get rules and a model for him who knows...

daboarder
06-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Drastanta, Tempest of Starlight and Phoenix Lord of the Shining Spears is mentioned in one of the special items !

He does exist !

Whether we every get rules and a model for him who knows...

Unfortunately it says he is missing...and thats his weapon as an options so....I wouldn't bet on that. Still its nice to have more info

deaddice
06-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Yea last time we got a phoenix lord found two craft worlds had to attack a imperial world quite a lot of effort lol

Who knows maybe we will get a codex picture at least.

daboarder
06-04-2013, 07:52 PM
Yea last time we got a phoenix lord found two craft worlds had to attack a imperial world quite a lot of effort lol

Who knows maybe we will get a codex picture at least.

was that muegan ra?

oh nevermind that was the irillyth right?

mysterex
06-05-2013, 12:44 AM
If they do this the right way they will be onto pure gold. Craft worlds, depths, tribes, dynasties, kabals, and chapters plus the main codexes will drive sales through the roof.

While I superficially like the idea of mini codex's, I've been burnt with this before. I used to have a large Lost & the Damned mutant horde from the Eye of Terror codex which became unplayable/illegal when codex CSM was updated.

This is will only work if GW can commit itself to updating all the supplementary codexes at the same time as it releases an update of the main one they depend on.

eldargal
06-05-2013, 12:57 AM
It actually depends how they structure the supplement rules. If it is just warlord tables, FOC alterations and swapping psychic powers then unless future editions remove/change warlord charts and the FOC etc. it wouldn't be too difficult in keeping them up to date with a FAQ/Errata.

MajorWesJanson
06-05-2013, 04:41 AM
While I superficially like the idea of mini codex's, I've been burnt with this before. I used to have a large Lost & the Damned mutant horde from the Eye of Terror codex which became unplayable/illegal when codex CSM was updated.

This is will only work if GW can commit itself to updating all the supplementary codexes at the same time as it releases an update of the main one they depend on.

Lost and the Damned honestly seems like a good idea for a Supplement dex for Imperial Guard, to allow for Chaos Guard forces.