PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angel scout sqaud size, equipment and tactics.

Bob821
05-26-2013, 12:51 PM
Hi All,

I'm taking my scouts out for a little dust up next week against a 4000pt Tau and chaos alliance. They are not going on the own and are going to be backed up by 3800pts of Blood Angels and Space wolfs. Including an Agies defence line with a quad gun and a bastion with quad gun.

Now my initial thoughts where to take 2 5 man squads armed with sniper rifles, Rocket launchers and Camo cloaks. I could then hide them up and plink away at the badies or put them on the quad guns. I don't need them for the quad guns as we are taking lots of Devastator squads and long fangs so they can fire them if required. It was just an option I considered if I could not deploy them elsewhere on the battle field.

I've no problem just taking 1 larger squad. I was just worried about fitting them all in cover if I did that.

So any ideas? Is there equipment any good? Do my tactics sound OK? And what about squad size?

I have not taken Scouts since 5th and never had much luck then so any input from Scout users or their victims would be warmly received.

Wolfshade
05-28-2013, 02:18 AM
I think you have essentially observed the issues, while 5 man squads fit in cover more easily, they then are easier to kill so it is a balancing act.

I really like the new sniper rules, brilliant for taking out high T characters, also don't forget your precision shots :)

The ability to scout and infiltrate is all well and good, but with the Missile Laucnher you wouldn't need that extra bit of range.