PDA

View Full Version : Forge world

jgebi
05-25-2013, 06:36 PM
Could someone please explain what forge world is? by this I mean who owns them? why were they made? ect. I know they make models and stuff

Brakkart
05-25-2013, 07:09 PM
Google is a wonderful thing. Typed in Forge World and found this, have a read, it should explain some of what you're asking about:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Forge_World_%28company%29#.UaFgLtiGcSl

Kamin_Majere
05-25-2013, 09:03 PM
Forgeworld is a splinter of the Hive Fleet Games Workshop, they exist to put out the light of the universe by consuming it all in a resin pool of death.

But no, GW ownes then and they exist to basically replace Armor Cast (to make specialty models and terrain pieces so GW can focus on the meat and potatoes of the game and churn out the normal codex stuff) so all of the models could be done in house and not have to rely on a 3rd party subcontractor

jgebi
05-26-2013, 05:27 AM
so it's their for tax reasons XD

eldargal
05-26-2013, 05:49 AM
so it's their for tax reasons XD

Lol, no. Forge World are a smaller group who use resin casting to make smaller runs of models intended for experienced hobbyists. Sometimes they are things like variants on existing GW armies that wouldn't sell well enough to justify Gw making plastic kits, sometimes they are just cool things FW wanted to do. Mostly they are Space Marines.:rolleyes:

daboarder
05-26-2013, 05:57 AM
Lol, no. Forge World are a smaller group who use resin casting to make smaller runs of models intended for experienced hobbyists. Sometimes they are things like variants on existing GW armies that wouldn't sell well enough to justify Gw making plastic kits, sometimes they are just cool things FW wanted to do. Mostly they are Space Marines.:rolleyes:

For a while there it was IG.....

to be fair though I think every faction except eldar/chaos get nice FW coverage.

jgebi
05-26-2013, 06:07 AM
well chaos has always been an army you could take your space marines over to with no effort, and eldar of titans so hows the no coverage?

Popsical
05-26-2013, 06:46 AM
Forgeworld essentially add the gritty fine detail to 40k.
To see the best example of this put a standard codex SM or IG army next to a pure FW army.
FW is a more defined rendition of 40k and costs more thus making it more adult oriented.
I pretty much only buy fw these days as it appeals to me from a detailled aspect.

Mr.Pickelz
05-26-2013, 08:50 AM
Mostly they are Space Marines.

To be fair, there is/was a lot of ork stuff too. ;)