PDA

View Full Version : Heavy weapon bases

Javin
11-07-2009, 08:29 AM
I have recently started an IG army. One of my friends has his heavy weapon teams on the 25mm bases. Two models one holding the weapon, one a reload. For Autocannons he uses epic manticores for 'automated' weapons. The weapon counts as the second IG figure.

I think this is abusive of the rules.

He can pack entire heavy weapon teams in the space of one 60mm area. I have all my teams modeled on the 60mm bases. This means my teams take up a huge area and can not always get cover.

I have noticed some of the older models like Steel Legion are on two small bases. What is right?

Rapture
11-07-2009, 08:44 AM
This is an interesting question. As far as I know, the only real limitation is that models have to be placed on the bases that they came with.

Culven
11-07-2009, 09:15 AM
The current rules for IG Heavy Weapons Teams is that they are a single two-wound model. Using two models is actually illegal. As to the base size, the current standard base size is 60mm. Older models can, by a strict reading of the rules, remain on their bases, but an opponent still has the option of not playing if they don't agree to the bases used. I would suggest that players wishing to use the older models, at the very least, bring along some 60mm bases upon which they can set the team during play.

Aldramelech
11-07-2009, 12:39 PM
I have recently started an IG army. One of my friends has his heavy weapon teams on the 25mm bases. Two models one holding the weapon, one a reload. For Autocannons he uses epic manticores for 'automated' weapons. The weapon counts as the second IG figure.

I think this is abusive of the rules.

He can pack entire heavy weapon teams in the space of one 60mm area. I have all my teams modeled on the 60mm bases. This means my teams take up a huge area and can not always get cover.

I have noticed some of the older models like Steel Legion are on two small bases. What is right?

He's taking the piss mate.

Javin
11-07-2009, 07:32 PM
No idea what that means.

Culven
11-07-2009, 11:55 PM
"Taking the piss" means "Trying to pull one over on you".

BuFFo
11-08-2009, 12:53 AM
So hes a modeler.

If you don't like the way he models his figures, don't play him.

At least hes not modeling his guys laying on their bellies.... lol