PDA

View Full Version : Eldar on Sale

DrLove42
05-24-2013, 05:05 PM
What it say s onxthe tin

Eldar are on sale now

1 limited dex, one set of cards andI Ilric already paid foe....

Tirnaog
05-24-2013, 05:23 PM
Codex
SpiritSeer
NightSpear
WraithGuard.
:)

oddworx57
05-24-2013, 05:28 PM
how? where? Answers man!

Tirnaog
05-24-2013, 05:30 PM
at their us site. preorder page

daboarder
05-24-2013, 05:31 PM
No supplement....WHA?

Wolfshade
05-24-2013, 05:41 PM
how? where? Answers man!

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCatsLarge.jsp?catId=cat440160a&rootCatGameStyle=wh40k

Tirnaog
05-24-2013, 05:41 PM
That's up for preorder on the 8th.
Looks like NightSpear is a HQ choice according to their Full elder range page.
Spiritseer too.

Farseer Uthiliesh
05-24-2013, 05:48 PM
What it say s onxthe tin

Eldar are on sale now

1 limited dex, one set of cards andI Ilric already paid foe....

Bought the standard edition, spiritseer and psychic cards. I might also make another order, depending on how well I sell some stuff on ebay. Tempted to get wraithguard, wraithlord and an some aspect squads. All these will be allies for my Dark Eldar or Tau.

Very happy with GW's work this year.

Brakkart
05-24-2013, 06:27 PM
Looks like GW have wised up a bit to the general point of offering multi-buy packs, namely that they should be cheaper than buying the same models individually. I'm not an Eldar player, but I like that the new Space Marine Bike and Scout Bike Squad boxes (3 bikers in each) work out £4 cheaper than buying 3 seperate bikes.

There are saving on the Eldar multipacks too:

War Walker squad = £8 saving
Vyper Jetbike squad = £8 saving
Support Weapon Squad (Vaul's Wrath) = £6.50 saving

It seems to have worked for Forgeworld as their limited Xmas bundles of HH troops and Dread's proved so popular they've kept them going ever since.

LostInTheDark
05-24-2013, 06:55 PM
Though who knows when I'll get the stuff I ordered as my favourite Australian retailer has this message on all of there pre order stuff

Please Note: Games Workshop have underestimated demand for Eldar products as it did with the Tau release. If you place an order for an Eldar new release item we cannot give you any idea on when stock will be available.

Sad face :(

memnarch_129
05-24-2013, 07:22 PM
While the models and rules may be the focus of the release I absolutely LOVE the boxes. Who else here thinks GW should go with the plain silverish black background the 40K header and a picture of the model on ALL their new product?

mallet_man
05-25-2013, 02:20 AM
the multi-unit boxes are great I was really happy when they did it with the Crisis suits for tau! The only bad thing about this release I can see though
is that might be trying to use their business plan for fantasy on 40k re: dire avengers, to save the hassle of assembling and painting 10 models, we will
save you time by taking out half the models, not putting in new models and then charging you about the same price as we did before for the privilege :)
and then encourage you to add more boxes to your cart to bulk out your core infantry. Oh gee that's so kind of you thanks lol
appart from that though love the new stuff, will be making a little allied detachment for my tau!

Wildeybeast
05-25-2013, 04:59 AM
No supplement....WHA?

I have WD. Contrary to previous reports, as I suspected, the supplement is indeed digital only.

eldargal
05-25-2013, 05:04 AM
I have WD. Contrary to previous reports, as I suspected, the supplement is indeed digital only.
No it isn't. Digital items don't get put on retailer order lists and they don't get collectors editions. The reason the supplement isn't on the website is because it doesn't go on sale 'til the 8th with a 15th delivery. Or it just goes on sale on the 8th, not quite sure.

Wildeybeast
05-25-2013, 05:07 AM
So why is it listed under the digital releases of WD, but not mentioned anywhere in the physical releases section of WD?

eldargal
05-25-2013, 05:10 AM
No idea, but some stores are reporting they can order the regular edition.

Brakkart
05-25-2013, 09:12 AM
Hmm just remembered that individual Vyper's are £18.50 each the same price as a Land Speeder. I've been thinking about getting some Land Speeders. Reckon I'll hold off till September when the new Space Marine Codex is rumoured to be out, in the hope of a Land Speeder Squadron box.

Lexington
05-25-2013, 09:31 AM
Who else here thinks GW should go with the plain silverish black background the 40K header and a picture of the model on ALL their new product?
Given the generic nature of the background, I imagine that's the idea. Looks nice.

Ugh. Still boggling over the price doubling on Dire Avengers. Hope this isn't a trend, but good sense makes me think otherwise...

Deadlift
05-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Given the generic nature of the background, I imagine that's the idea. Looks nice.

Ugh. Still boggling over the price doubling on Dire Avengers. Hope this isn't a trend, but good sense makes me think otherwise...

Marines could be next, given that DA can take 1 heavy weapon in a squad of 5. I would not be surprised if this was carried over to vanilla and we saw boxes of 5 marines instead of 10. Hope I am wrong.

Toothpick
05-25-2013, 11:25 AM
So that's it then? No new jetbikes? We're stuck with the same one from ages past, with the same rider wearing his little leather waistcoat? For me personally this is a big disappointment. The rest is great though...

DanTheGameMan
05-25-2013, 11:52 AM
So that's it then? No new jetbikes? We're stuck with the same one from ages past, with the same rider wearing his little leather waistcoat? For me personally this is a big disappointment. The rest is great though...

Yeah, I'm disappointed as well. BUT, if it's any consolation, I have both the digital WD and digital sample of the codex, and after zooming in on the codex cover art, you can clearly see the jetbikes in the background have the same single-thruster engine that the DE ones have. So.... Yay? (perchance?)

Farseer Uthiliesh
05-29-2013, 01:49 AM
AND I just bought the new Eldar battleforce, flyer kit, 2 Wraithguard sets, and a Wraithlord. Oh, and just preordered a copy of the limited edition codex. I have more money than sense.

Toothpick
05-29-2013, 05:50 AM
Yeah, I'm disappointed as well. BUT, if it's any consolation, I have both the digital WD and digital sample of the codex, and after zooming in on the codex cover art, you can clearly see the jetbikes in the background have the same single-thruster engine that the DE ones have. So.... Yay? (perchance?)

Maybe they're running down on the existing JB stock before releasing a new one. As you say, perchance...to dream...

Toothpick
05-29-2013, 05:54 AM
AND I just bought the new Eldar battleforce, flyer kit, 2 Wraithguard sets, and a Wraithlord. Oh, and just preordered a copy of the limited edition codex. I have more money than sense.

I bought one of everything new at 00:25 on Saturday morning. I even got up especially to do it. Mad.
Bought the LE codex, plus the digital codex too, and this months WD in both formats.
So if there is such a club as the More Money Than Sense Club - i think we would both be fully paid up members.