PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to terminator armour?

mstingray
11-06-2009, 02:19 PM
I currently play chaos and was thinking about my chaos sorcerorand whether to keep him in terminator armour, or remove this and put the points elsewhere.Terminator Armour obviously the better save which should double the chances of his survival against weapons of an AP of 3 and below, but loses him an attack. I usually give my sorceror warptime and gift of chaos so the extra attack from being in power armour is quite likely to kill an extra guy.

What do you guys think?

Sam
11-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Well, I run my sorcerer in terminator armor, but I also stick him in a 10 man termy squad, so I'm probably not the best person to listen to with regards to combat efficiency.

fuzzbuket
11-06-2009, 03:06 PM
can you get him artifacier armour or a good 4\5+ iv save, if no dont!

Sam
11-06-2009, 04:31 PM
can you get him artifacier armour or a good 4\5+ iv save, if no dont!

Chaos does not have artificer armor, and the sorcerer comes with a 5+ invuln save, 4+ if it has a mark of Tzeentch.

Lerra
11-06-2009, 04:46 PM
My vote is no - keep the power armor and the extra attack. With terminator armor, the squad loses the ability to sweeping advance, which isn't really worth it for one model.

Cthulhu
11-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Lash Sorcerer - super basic 125 points, no point in doing anything else in my experience, at least in this edition.

Then again I'm rather cynical about the depth and breadth of strategies available to Chaos this edition.