PDA

View Full Version : FW- Necron Tomb Stalker Released!

DrLove42
05-24-2013, 05:10 AM
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/large/t-sentp3.jpg

Now for £45 you can have a giant gun with hundreds of fiddly ******* legs and segments to build...

energongoodie
05-24-2013, 05:14 AM
I like it.
I'm not after specifics but what is it like rules wise? How big is the big gun?

Mrchilidog
05-24-2013, 05:16 AM
Isn't it a Tomb 'Sentinel'? The Tomb Stalker has been out for a long time.

Wolfshade
05-24-2013, 05:20 AM
This is Canoptek Tomb Sentinel, though it looks very similiar to Canoptek Tomb Stalker

Sonikgav
05-24-2013, 05:26 AM
If its a Monstrous Creature Doomsday Cannon for the same/less points as an Ark then my Army may be changing.

DrLove42
05-24-2013, 05:26 AM
Isn't it a Tomb 'Sentinel'? The Tomb Stalker has been out for a long time.

You are right....but I can't edit the title....

Asymmetrical Xeno
05-24-2013, 07:51 AM
kinda wish they did more to make it look different to the Stalker. I'd of made it quite a bit longer, gotten rid of the legs and made it look like it floats through the air. If I ever get one that's what ill do to it anyway. I guess this is the last of the necron forge world releases for IA12 then?

Wolfshade
05-24-2013, 07:55 AM
This is becoming a gripe of mine, to have one kit as CC then release an almost identical one as a shooty one.

DrLove42
05-24-2013, 08:00 AM
kinda wish they did more to make it look different to the Stalker. I'd of made it quite a bit longer, gotten rid of the legs and made it look like it floats through the air. If I ever get one that's what ill do to it anyway. I guess this is the last of the necron forge world releases for IA12 then?

Its the last one seen. Unless they were holding something back at the FW open day this is it.

So its just Marines, marines and more marines until IA13 now...

Asymmetrical Xeno
05-24-2013, 08:05 AM
This is becoming a gripe of mine, to have one kit as CC then release an almost identical one as a shooty one.

I have some mild OCD problems and things like this tend to trigger that, and my mind focuses on how to further differentiate the units visually!

Its the last one seen. Unless they were holding something back at the FW open day this is it.

So its just Marines, marines and more marines until IA13 now...

Yeah, that's what I'm assuming, sadly. Would love to of seen some of the characters or some themed Dynasty upgrade kits (similar to what eldar got) but I'm not gonna get my hopes up on that.

DrLove42
05-24-2013, 08:09 AM
Unfortunatly FW have woken up to the fact that the Heresy is a legal way of printing cash and have got stuck on it. I can see the release being a book, a few xenos model the weeks around it, then marines for the other 11 months of the year.

david5th
05-24-2013, 09:28 AM
I like it.
I'm not after specifics but what is it like rules wise? How big is the big gun?

Its a Fast Attack choice. MC with 4's across the board except S6 T7 LD10. 195 Pts.

Exile cannon is basically the Transdimensional Beamer with a blast that also auto pens vehicles + buildings.

Has Fearless, Rampage, Deepstrike, Outflank + Hit & Run.

Immune to Fleshbane + poison attacks. use strength of attacker / weapon instead, otherwise attack wounds on a 6.

Can but Gloom Prism for 15pts or sacarbs that give it Feel No Pain for 15pts.

Mr Mystery
05-24-2013, 09:31 AM
Its a Fast Attack choice. MC with 4's across the board except S6 T7 LD10. 195 Pts.

Exile cannon is basically the Transdimensional Beamer with a blast that also auto pens vehicles + buildings.

Immune to Fleshbane + poison attacks. use strength of attacker / weapon instead, otherwise attack wounds on a 6.

That's.....pretty damned sexy right there that.

energongoodie
05-24-2013, 11:21 AM

Thanks for the info bols chum :)
Sounds like a monstrous creature worthy of the name! .......I want one.

bfmusashi
05-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Unfortunatly FW have woken up to the fact that the Heresy is a legal way of printing cash and have got stuck on it. I can see the release being a book, a few xenos model the weeks around it, then marines for the other 11 months of the year.

You say that, but how long has Bran Redmaw been sitting on a shelf?

AnEnemy
05-24-2013, 11:32 AM
Between the persistent rumor of DE in an upcoming IA and the orgiastic pace of the HH releases FW can do no wrong by me. My bank account, on the other hand, hopes they continue to release necrons.

Gotthammer
05-24-2013, 12:11 PM
You say that, but how long has Bran Redmaw been sitting on a shelf?

Mark Bedford binned the one previewed ages ago as he wasn't happy with it. Another sculptor has taken the challenge.

bfmusashi
05-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Ah, I was wondering what was going on there.

david5th
05-24-2013, 02:50 PM
With regards to my info post, it's It Will not Die NOT Feel No Pain which the sacrab upgrade gives. Also it only has 2 attacks. :)