15 Archers - 150

20 Phoenix Guard - 375
-FC, Razor banner

21 SMs - 353
-FC, Banner of the World Dragon

RBT - 70

Flamespyre Phoenix - 225

Frostheart Phoenix - 240

So, I've always loved the Phoenix Guard and the new Phoenix models are gorgeous kind of an obvious inclusion for a PG themed army. The Frostheart Phoenix in particular seems like a great force multiplier in conjunction with the PG, that will keep even the meanest units from killing much and adds some needed killing power the PG lack on their own. The Flamespyre phoenix can make for a super Eagle in terms of harassing and redirecting, plus it can deal some nice potential damage to horde units (and I expect to face Skaven in an upcoming campaign I'm designing this list for).

I'm still fairly green at Fantasy, having only played intermittently since 8th ed came out, so any thoughts would be appreciated. In terms of additional models for changes I have more Spearmen, maybe 10 more Swordmasters, an Eagle, another Mage, and one more RBT.

Chronowraith
05-22-2013, 07:35 PM
Overall, a good list. A few suggestions though...

For magic, I'd consider going with Lore of Shadow. It has far more synergy than life as Miasma, Pit of Shades, Okkams Mindrazor, Enfeeble, and Withering are all fantastic spells for HE. Compared to Life where everything helps but really needs to have Throne of Vines to be most effective. This wastes a spell for you and makes for an easy dispel for the opponent. I'd leave Lore of Life for the Slann.

I'd drop the RBT unless you are really attached to it and throw in an ordinary Eagle for redirects (if you can squeeze the points, I'd throw two in).

Personally, I'd rather see White Lions but if you don't want to buy new models, swordmasters work in a pinch.

Consider freeing up points for a cheap banner on the spearmen (Banner of Eternal Flame is always a good one).

Aramel
05-23-2013, 10:23 AM
I would strongly recommend High Magic honsetly, particularly with Sword Masters being extremely vulnerable to anything non-magical. Instead of Armour of Caledor, I've had success with the shield, sword of anti-heroes and ironcurse token. It's a 4+ parry that becomes 3+ after you cast any spell. If the prospect of stomps makes you nervous, you can always give him regular dragon armour.

I don't think 25 spearmen will be terribly effective, give the amount of fast moving units, using reavers instead would probably be more efficient, and that way you would not need to get eagles for re-directs. At 225pts the phoenix really should not be given that role.

Archon Charybdis
05-24-2013, 12:46 PM
What would you guys think about Silver Helms and Reavers for core, with maybe the archer bunker for the Archmage? I've been happy with the one squad of SHs I've got, and I like the idea of using core requirement units for redirecting units instead of taking away from my special or rare choices. Also, what are your thoughts on BSBs for High Elves? I'm just not sure I'm getting enough out of it, and he's pretty vulnerable unless I sink a fair chunk of points on the Armor of Caledor. If I dropped the BSB I could get more bodies or a Mage with high magic to buff the PG or SMs.