PDA

View Full Version : What do you want for Christmas?

Aldramelech
11-05-2009, 03:09 AM
So the festive season is nigh! (You can tell, Tesco have put up their decorations! lol) 43 days to go!

Being a total plastic crack addict I just see Christmas as a great excuse for people to buy me GW products I'm too tight to buy myself! This year, having just been made redundant, I'll go for vouchers to keep me in paint and stuff.

What do you want? and will you get it? Do you ask but get aftershave anyway? lol ;)

BuFFo
11-05-2009, 03:21 AM
+++CENSORED BY THE INQUISITION+++

*tsk, tsk* now lets not get any feathers ruffled my friend...

Cryl
11-05-2009, 03:31 AM
I was going to say "my two front teeth" but no one can touch this thread now. If Buffo is serious then I feel for him / her and recommend that they talk to someone in authority, a teacher or family friend for some help, if they're joking then well... I've nothing to add...

From GW I'd quite like that Liber Chaotica book that just came out as that reminds me of the good old days when I first got my Slaves to Darkness book! I can probably persuade my wife that it's ok as it's a book not more little plastic models that I'll leave on the sprues!

Aldramelech
11-05-2009, 03:37 AM
A new father who doesn't hit me.

If your serious PM me. I work with people on a voluntary basis and have some experiance. If thats a joke, its in poor taste mate.

energongoodie
11-05-2009, 03:41 AM
XV9 Havoc suits. 3 of em!

Kefka
11-05-2009, 03:41 AM
I never get anything for my warhammer collections at christmas, so my hopes are not high. Though My girlfriend did get me a pair of forgeworld Rhinox Riders (fantasy) for last valentines day, so maybe asking for that apocalypse SM Battle company isn't too much more...

although all the books I want from BL come out in the months after,so those are out of the question. I guess I'll just ask for support for the 40k fundraiser I'm setting up.

also, chocolate.

Pi666
11-05-2009, 05:08 AM
FORTRESS OF REDEMPTION

(Sorry about the caps, I'm very excited about it!!)

Xas
11-05-2009, 09:16 AM
2nd warhound so I can fnally field the titan mandible from vraks 3^^

lobster-overlord
11-05-2009, 09:27 AM
FORTRESS OF REDEMPTION

(Sorry about the caps, I'm very excited about it!!)\

ditto

I do know that my mother bought me a Land Raider after I jokingly made a comment that I need another. I have 3 already. A 4th would just let me do a conversion I've been wanting to do for my Blood Angels (nuttin but assault cannons).

The weirdest part of that was that I am 34 and had my mother with me in the game shop. (My wife and I took the kids out to dinner and my mother came along, and the restaurant we went to was right next door to the game shop, so of course, the kids and I had to stop in).

John M>

the one
11-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Time...To...Paint...My...Armies. Simple as. Also did you know Tesco gets Chrismas stuff in before Halloween stuff?

The AKH
11-05-2009, 09:39 AM
A Space Wolf Battleforce, to get me started on my Wolves and add another Drop Pod to my Revilers' motor pool.

wittdooley
11-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Well, both my wife and my parents have finally realized that my love for this hobby isn't "just a phase" and are willing to get me GW stuff. YAY!

Ideally, I'd love a Warhound Titan, but I know that isn't going to happen, so here's what I'm hoping for that is WH/Hobby related:

Set of clay shapers so I can try my hand at more modeling
Set of MIG pigments for weathering
FORTRESS OF REDEMPTION (my wife has pretty much already said I'm getting this)
An Airbrush compressor (though I have no idea what kind I need)
And I think I'd like a Realms of Battle gameboard, but I kinda need the airbrush to paint it efficiently.

There are also various bitz and bobs I'd like (some random blisters, an Empire Steam Tank), but that's all icing on the cake.

What I'd really like is for my wife to sack up and actually play a game with me, but I know that isn't going to happen.

I already know what I'm getting the wife--A Netbook and a new charm for her Pandora bracelet. Romantic, eh? Haha.

Gotthammer
11-05-2009, 09:43 AM
2nd warhound so I can fnally field the titan mandible from vraks 3^^

Ditto, though it's maniple, not mandible ;)

Duke
11-05-2009, 10:06 AM
I would ask for a Frotress of redemption, but Im too impatient and will probably buy it when it comes out. I would love to get a Reaver titan. Sadly, I am at the point with my collection that I don't know what to ask for. (besides starting a new army, ugh) For example, today is my Birthday (woot) and my wife asked me what I want. I told her I wanted an entire Saturday to go to the FLGS and play without any phone calls... Its going to be so awsome!

Duke

ForeverHero
11-05-2009, 10:06 AM
I've got the Fortress of Redemption on my list as well; been waiting on that for months as it'll make a great center piece for my Dark Angels army. Duke, Happy Birthday... hopefully, you can make it to the store on Saturday.

MarshalAdamar
11-05-2009, 10:27 AM
Three servitors to help me paint all the stuff I still have piled up in my hobby room!

Mystery.Shadow
11-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Three servitors to help me paint all the stuff I still have piled up in my hobby room!

Ha ha ha! That's what I need too. I have always wondered how much those little Chinese fingernail painting girls would charge me to paint my 40k armies....?

fuzzbuket
11-05-2009, 10:55 AM
fortress of redemption or stuff for pre hersey/ another dread (3 is too little)

a warhound would be nice but i think its a NO

Aldramelech
11-05-2009, 11:25 AM
Time...To...Paint...My...Armies. Simple as. Also did you know Tesco gets Chrismas stuff in before Halloween stuff?

I know, mad init?

Aldramelech
11-05-2009, 11:27 AM
I would ask for a Frotress of redemption, but Im too impatient and will probably buy it when it comes out. I would love to get a Reaver titan. Sadly, I am at the point with my collection that I don't know what to ask for. (besides starting a new army, ugh) For example, today is my Birthday (woot) and my wife asked me what I want. I told her I wanted an entire Saturday to go to the FLGS and play without any phone calls... Its going to be so awsome!

Duke

Happy Birthday mate! :D

BuFFo
11-05-2009, 12:25 PM
If your serious PM me. I work with people on a voluntary basis and have some experiance. If thats a joke, its in poor taste mate.

You actually have time to volunteer? I thought all you did was spam the BOLS lounge for a epeen boosting post count?

And yes, its real. But I like it....

Anyway.... Back on a serious note lol!

I could use some Sentinels for my IG. I want to try them out.

twomas_rox
11-05-2009, 12:26 PM
More toys would be nice. either a chimera or valkyrie.

but what i really want is more time to play without having to get guilt trip on how i want to go play with my toys instead of spending time with the family....

Aldramelech
11-05-2009, 12:34 PM
You actually have time to volunteer? I thought all you did was spam the BOLS lounge for a epeen boosting post count?

And yes, its real. But I like it....

Anyway.... Back on a serious note lol!

I could use some Sentinels for my IG. I want to try them out.

I have a very busy life.........

And being on here means I don't have to watch the wifes soaps, I don't want my eyes to bleed!

I also like to think I make a positive contribution to the site, but if not I'll bugger off somewhere else..........

Also Ive recently been laid off from my job, so Ive got all the time in the world.........

DarkLink
11-05-2009, 12:58 PM
I've got a whole list of books on Amazon I want to get, and I wouldn't mind my own weight set, so I didn't have to go to the gym all the time...

Oh, wait, you're talking about 40k gifts. I've already got all the Grey Knights and Sisters of Battle I'll ever need. I've stopped spending money on 40k. 's called discipline:p.

Seriously, though, about the only 40k thing I'd want for Christmas would be a new Daemonhunters Codex from either the Space Wolves or IG codex writers (don't trust myself to keep their names straight without looking it up). Then, Grey Knights would be as BA as they should be:D.

BuFFo
11-05-2009, 02:17 PM
I also like to think I make a positive contribution to the site, but if not I'll bugger off somewhere else.........

You contribute just fine. I am just messing with you.

Then, Grey Knights would be as BA as they should be :D.

Why would you want Grey Knights to have a .pdf army list? Blood Angels are horrid at the moment.

PostWarFolk
11-05-2009, 03:30 PM
New WD subscription. I usually ask for money so I don't end up with the wrong thing. Its happen before. " I play IG. What am I going to do with these ork nobs?"

Aldramelech
11-05-2009, 03:35 PM
New WD subscription. I usually ask for money so I don't end up with the wrong thing. Its happen before. " I play IG. What am I going to do with these ork nobs?"

Gift Vouchers are your friend :D

darth_papi76
11-05-2009, 07:36 PM
I'd like the new Dark Angel's fortress.

Denzark
11-06-2009, 05:02 AM
Christmas wishlist:

1. To drink myself into oblivion on Christmas Eve. No surrender to the liver.
2. To be allowed to lie in as long as I please on Christmas day (before the wifey wakes me up in a 'suitably rude' fashion.
3. To win the family cut throat game of monopoly after having gorged myself on food and ale.
4. At least one apocalypse game while I'm on leave.
5. To receive 'no-holds barred' graphic PMs from the lovely ladies of BoLS befire the new year...
PS In case of sense of humour failure, number 5 is a joke I know our colonial children sometimes find Brit humour strange.

PPS I had a little s****** at BuffO's wish no1 am I a bad person?

Brother Outs
11-06-2009, 07:02 AM
I wish.......yes....I wish GW would lower prices.

eldargal
11-06-2009, 08:43 AM
I want an Armorcast Phantom titan, even though I'm still afraid of resin.:rolleyes:

No more insomnia would be nice, too.

ForeverHero
11-06-2009, 09:05 AM
Good choice on the Titan... resin isn't that difficult to work with just make sure to wash the resin and prime the whole model before painting.

As for the insomnia, try reading a Microsoft Certification book...knocks me out in five minutes everytime :)

Denzark
11-06-2009, 09:13 AM
I want an Armorcast Phantom titan, even though I'm still afraid of resin.:rolleyes:

No more insomnia would be nice, too.

Did you know there is a strangely symbiotic relationship with an inverse proportion of insomnia versus vodka consumed?

But if I was fortunate enough to have insomnia hell my painting hours would be up.

Col.Gravis
11-06-2009, 09:25 AM
No more models! NO MORE MODELS!

I just want some peace an quiet to get some painting done!

Tacoo
11-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Relm of battle board, or more specificly, the new one they have that has all the planet strike terrain on it. at the moment my terrain collection is a black reach thing and what ever i can find

ForeverHero
11-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Relm of battle board, or more specificly, the new one they have that has all the planet strike terrain on it. at the moment my terrain collection is a black reach thing and what ever i can find

That would be a nice present definitely a serious chunk of change to spend for a present...

Duke
11-06-2009, 12:58 PM
to tell you the truth I am not that great a fan of the realm of battle board. The main reason is that you know for sure that each section is a specific measurment... this can make things really lame, i.e. I place a MM dev squad and because they are on a corner I can immediatley see their kill zone... not good.

If you want terrain I would suggest getting the "imperail city," I did it and made 7 or so high quality buildings.

@ Eldargirl: I have almost bought that Titan like 5 times, lol... te only downside is that at my FLGS my current superheavy selection is way too much to handle for anyone, I wish more people would get some superheavies (besides baneblade) so I could use a Phantom or a Reaver... but for now it would only collect dust :(

Duke

oni
11-06-2009, 03:28 PM
What do you want?

The Space Marine Megaforce and Fortress of Redemption.

and will you get it?

Yes, because I'll buy it myself.

Do you ask but get aftershave anyway? lol ;)

HAHA... No, I never ask anyone to buy me anything GW. It's too expensive.

I do however have a single item wish list that I hope to fill someday... Reaver Titan. :)

Sitnam
11-06-2009, 03:50 PM
I want a lovely , plastic Ork Stompa.

entendre_entendre
11-06-2009, 06:23 PM
chainsword. for those time when i get exceedingly frustrated... that or world domination >:-)
oh, you mean GW stuff? oh... :o
catachan guard + ghoul sprue = 20-30ish zombies
me: :)

Aldramelech
11-07-2009, 01:20 AM
No more models! NO MORE MODELS!

I just want some peace an quiet to get some painting done!

Your fooling no one you know! lol

Melissia
11-07-2009, 06:18 AM
Money so I can pay my college tuition.

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
11-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Hmm father christmas to bring me stacks of money, bah that, well id love plastic Sisters of Battle.
But i know neither will happen this christmas or maybe the next.

How about GW to tell us "yes you guys and girls" who keep GW in business what there planning in the coming year and let us know roughly when they expect new codex's to come out.
Again i know i know to much wishful thinking.

Ivarr
11-07-2009, 07:16 PM
"I want a hippopotamus for Christmas...only a hippopotamus will do..."

I would love to start an all scout marine army...so in Apoc games I can field a 10th Co...for Christmas...
I would also love a plastic Warhound kit...

pgarfunkle
11-10-2009, 02:27 PM
I'd like another Catachan Battle force or two to build up my Guard force.

Duke
11-10-2009, 02:33 PM
It seems like a lot of people want a Warhound plastic kit... if only wishes could be granted.

Duke

ForeverHero
11-10-2009, 04:17 PM
It seems like a lot of people want a Warhound plastic kit... if only wishes could be granted.

Duke

Either that or a plastic Thunderhawk; both would be nice...

TheSpyderLord
11-10-2009, 08:24 PM
I'd like a new codex for Christmas!

entendre_entendre
11-10-2009, 08:50 PM
actually, i'd settle for pie... lotsa pie... mmm

sorienor
11-11-2009, 03:39 PM
All I want for the Winter Solstice celebration is GW to put out clear and concise FAQ's on all issues...

Duke
11-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Either that or a plastic Thunderhawk; both would be nice...

The mere idea of a plastic thunderhawk is what keeps me from buying a forgeworld one.

Duke

The Dinosaur
11-14-2009, 01:50 AM
Fortress of Redemption. Fortress of Redemption. Fortress of Redemption.

my marines need somewhere to hang out.

Orkimedes
11-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Nurgle Plague Hulk... or plague drones.