PDA

View Full Version : Hi

wboyden
05-21-2013, 03:27 PM
Hi Everyone

Name is Bill, I am from springfield, ma new to the forum looking at starting a 40k army new to the game as well still working my way through the rule basics. Considering the purchase of a dark vengence set to get started with.

Any others in the springfield, ma Area? Places to play?

Wolfshade
05-21-2013, 04:07 PM
Hello and welcome aboard!

The Dark Vengeance box is a brilliant way to start the hobby. Have you considered what army you'd like to play?

wboyden
05-21-2013, 04:31 PM
Not really sorta leaning towards nids or orks but might start with some small games playing SM then deciding from there

Wolfshade
05-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Cool. I've got a large Blood Angel force and my collection of Orks is slowly growing. Both are quite fun to play with, though the Orks I think are better fun as they have a lot of randomness, which not everyone likes, but it amuses me.
Nids are awesome, single minded killing machines, my brother-in-law plays them them and it took me a very long time to beat the.

wboyden
05-21-2013, 05:23 PM
I really dont have much, I like the swarm with low base points so leaves alot of room for options was thinking of grabbing the starter get those painted up and maybe start some small games I learn better by doing then reading and there is just so much to read then I could pick up and slowly work on building the large amount that would be needed but still be learning the rules andgetting a few games in

Wolfshade
05-21-2013, 05:38 PM
Yeah, nothing quite beats the intro games run at the local game store

Psychosplodge
05-22-2013, 02:23 AM
Hello,

come to the oubliette we have tangents!!
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me3rf45vyp1r1gkido1_400.gif