PDA

View Full Version : Skyshield landing Pad

Sgiusini
05-20-2013, 11:21 AM
Hi!

Some questions:
1) Assuming two enemy units are on top of the Skyshield Landing Pad, with the "Invulnerable save" rule active. If one of the units shoots at the other, does it qualify for invulnerable save?
2) The fortification type is “unique”. So, it is clearly NOT a ruin nor a building. Does it mean it is possible to deploy a vehicle on top of it, and then, later on the game, move the vehicle to the table level?

Thanks!

Magpie
05-21-2013, 06:53 AM
1) Assuming two enemy units are on top of the Skyshield Landing Pad, with the "Invulnerable save" rule active. If one of the units shoots at the other, does it qualify for invulnerable save?

Yes seems a bit daft but the fluff says there is a force field up there.

2) The fortification type is “unique”. So, it is clearly NOT a ruin nor a building. Does it mean it is possible to deploy a vehicle on top of it, and then, later on the game, move the vehicle to the table level?

Yes you can deploy up there, it is open ground. The notes for the Skyshield state that Skimmers can move off without a dangerous terrain test, so that would imply that yes vehicles can be up there but they will have to take a dangerous terrain test to move off.

I reckon that might be one of those things you discuss with an opponent before the game start. If it were me I wouldn't allow a vehicle to move off, other than a flyer, skimmer etc.

Caitsidhe
05-21-2013, 08:49 AM
Yep. As Magpie says, the vehicle would have to take a dangerous terrain test. For a CSM player who is willing to put Huron on the table, it means you could load it up with Terminators whom you have given Infiltrate. These Termiantors can take a Land Raider as a dedicated vehicle. So....

1. Your Skyshield is placed as far forward as possible on your half of the table.
2. You can deploy your loaded Land Raider basically staring down your opponent's throat.
3. If you are daring you chose to go 2nd, you have your Land Raider sitting with a nice 4+ save against anything and everything. it also means you have a darn good chance of assaulting on your very first turn.