PDA

View Full Version : 1750 Daemons Flying Circus is in town!

Slagmar
05-20-2013, 11:17 AM
This list is more fun then competitive but I would imagine it would still do pretty well against lots of opponents.

Lord of Change Lesser Reward, Greater Reward x2
Kairos Fateweaver

Pink Horrors x11
Plaguebearers x10

Daemon Prince Tzeentch, Wings, Armor, Lesser Reward, Exalted Reward, Psyker Level 2
Daemon Prince Tzeentch, Wings, Armor, Lesser Reward, Greater Reward x2, Psyker Level 2
Daemon Prince Tzeentch, Wings, Armor, Lesser Reward, Greater Reward x2, Psyker Level 2

All lesser rewards will be the staff of change for the str 8 attacks. The plaguebearers are just to sit on an objective. Should be good versus most horde lists as flickering fire can be alot of shooting. The exalted reward will be a portal glyph to add more troop units.

What I am not sure about is if Tzeentch is the way to go for a flying circus? It looks like they give the most flexibility for psyker abilities to adapt to horde vs marine armies. Rerolling 1's for saves adds survivability too.

I have not played this list it is just theory for now but I want to get feedback before buying it. Any to offer?

Chexmix282
05-20-2013, 04:58 PM
I think you are spending WAY too many points on your monstrous creatures. You do not have enough bodies on the table to make much of an impact, and the damage output from MCs while flying is pretty minimal.

A good player I know runs a similar list, although it is more balanced. It is something like:

Fateweaver
3x Tzeentch Heralds (joining the Horrors and increasing damage output)
3x 11 Pink Horrors
9 Screamers
2x Winged Tzeentch Daemon Prince

This list is quite a bit more balanced, and there is plenty of room for adjustments. The Heralds REALLY improve the performance of Pink Horrors, and I would recommend looking into using them. Unfortunately I do not know the exact wargear they have, but I believe there is a locus that improves the strength and/or volume of shots. The Screamers make an excellent tarpit and are great for supporting aggressive tactics with the MCs.

By no means should you run this exact list; I'm just letting you know what I've seen to be effective. 5 Flying MCs would be a pain to deal with for some armies, but others (IG/Crons/Tau, specifically) have more than enough anti-air to make the game quick :P

chicop76
05-21-2013, 08:30 PM
I tend to get 3 exaulted gifts. I try to get #2 which allows me a chance to spawn 2d6+3 additional models. Also true names with fate weaver is also good. True names will give you +3 invuls with you re rolling on ones.

I tend to go for biomancy and diviation.