PDA

View Full Version : Eldar Wraithknight

Pages : [1] 2

eldargal
05-19-2013, 07:25 AM
Via fle at Warseer.
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4069&d=1368969948
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4070&d=1368971184
Can't breath...

bfmusashi
05-19-2013, 07:27 AM
Holy crap, fingers! It's not just fists!

DrLove42
05-19-2013, 07:28 AM
Ill be in my bunk. With 3 of them....

All doubts are off....Eldar are coming

eldargal
05-19-2013, 07:31 AM
Screw bunks I'm too busy to move. I feel like I've been slapped with an orgas mic tonne of awesome.

Eldar are coming
They aren't the only one.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2otsegAuU1qezk6n.gif

Archon Charybdis
05-19-2013, 07:34 AM
I'm hoping it's just an angle thing, but the chest looks too bulky and the head too tiny. Even with that, still pretty impressive. I also love the fact that it's piloted, and basically a knight titan even they don't use that exact title.

DrLove42
05-19-2013, 07:34 AM
Jizzsplosion

So invulnerable save,, uber lance or sword and shoulder mounted weapons.

Only the one the pic from WD?

bfmusashi
05-19-2013, 07:36 AM
I like that it's the plot of Megaman.exe dropped in 40k. Makes me so happy.

DeadPanda
05-19-2013, 07:37 AM
My friend says the arm shield looks like a Yu Gi Oh duel disc card holder. I don't like the crotch shield :)

eldargal
05-19-2013, 07:37 AM
Also it has a pilot as well as wraithstones, so the rumours were right, we got a large wraith construct and a large war walker.:p

Eight or nine inches tall, it's going to loom over the Riptide.

The odd proportions are in keeping with the old Epic Knights GW old school throwbacks ftw.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2f9g52i581qezk6n.gif

DeadPanda
05-19-2013, 07:43 AM
Codex supplement looks nifty, extra rules for Iyanden army by the looks of it. Could be tempted with that myself. Will buy the codex and supplement most likly. See what happens afterwards :o

eldargal
05-19-2013, 07:44 AM
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4070&d=1368971184
From here (http://www.3plusplus.net/2013/05/some-eldar-treats/#more-6909).

Codex cover is also arousing. Iyanden expansion is brilliant, dear god I hope they do more of those. Flyer look beautiful.

DeadPanda
05-19-2013, 07:48 AM
If it means a full blown ghost army. ****ing hard to resist really. Damn you GW with your amazing new models every month.

isotope99
05-19-2013, 07:49 AM
I do hope it's not sword or gun (the pic looks like the same hand for both.

Otherwise great, Now to plan how I'm going to rip it apart and make it fit my exodite theme.

Not sure about the front of that flyer but looking forward to more pics.

Archon Charybdis
05-19-2013, 07:50 AM
Codex artwork looks pretty cool, if a bit evil. The idea of a codex supplement (assuming supplemental rules and not just fluff) sounds amazing. The only slightly iffy thing is the flyer there. Admittedly it's hard to make out the whole thing, but so far color me unimpressed.

eldargal
05-19-2013, 07:50 AM
Brain is overloading with wonderfulness, bits going numb. Tingly...

DrLove42
05-19-2013, 07:54 AM
Anyome know where I can get a small loan....

I thought iwas excited about FW stuff from this weekend. Not anymore

FYI the updated Tau IA less than a month after the codex? Alan Bligh says we should see that for all new codexes with previous IA

daboarder
05-19-2013, 07:54 AM
WOW!!

NICE!!

the supplement is interesting, thats for sure, would love to see legion variants for chaos.

edit: fliers in the bottom right, I like it!

Anggul
05-19-2013, 08:09 AM
It is our time once more, brothers and sisters. Unleash the Swordwind.

olberon
05-19-2013, 08:11 AM
ok im sold!

take my cash please!

bfmusashi
05-19-2013, 08:12 AM
My friend says the arm shield looks like a Yu Gi Oh duel disc card holder. I don't like the crotch shield :)

All Eldar arm shields look like that now :)

Aldavaer
05-19-2013, 08:13 AM
Anyome know where I can get a small loan....

Never mind a small loan I think I'm going to need a second mortgage.

deaddice
05-19-2013, 08:14 AM
I want them ALLLL!!!!!

Phototoxin
05-19-2013, 08:16 AM
Makes sense to have an Iyanden codex - that way people can do (read buy lots of the new awesome minis) a full army of wraithy goodness. Hopefully the main codex will have options for other craftworlds or they will release expansions for them. (Sam Hainn is probably a FoC reshuffle, But Ulthwe need better guardians and less aspects and seer counsels etc)

Anggul
05-19-2013, 08:17 AM
The Knight is cool and the flyer looks awesome, but in the end it's the guys/girls on the ground that will make or break the new book, here's hoping for good things!

Homeworld
05-19-2013, 08:19 AM
Whopeeeee!!!!

At last!

Gotthammer
05-19-2013, 08:20 AM
Looks good - really good. Great to have a pair with a Phantom and a Wraithseer.

zenBen
05-19-2013, 08:33 AM
Is that Knight throwing gang signs?
"Yet deep within its chest, an Eldar pilot weeps, and occasionally says 'nih'"

Andersp90
05-19-2013, 08:34 AM
No groin-gun? Pffff.

Joke aside: Looks like a massive Wraithseer. :) Really cool!

Lexington
05-19-2013, 08:36 AM
Eesh. Between The rumored new Codex and Tau/Eldar allies, it's a banner year for my Space Maureens...

Seriously good stuff. The Wraithknight carries on the design ethos of the current Wraithlord nicely. Plus, isn't that background a sly callback to some ancient Epic elements? That's pleasing.

Really, tho, I'm most excited by the idea of Codex Suppliments. That's got a lot of potential for expanding th game.

musical-fool
05-19-2013, 08:37 AM
I wonder if this side codex is going to be the way forward for the likes of The SM codex (chapter approved anyone?) might fit into rumours regarding the black templars getting a new codex or being folded into the main codex..?

Personally I like the idea of a chapter approved style add on Dex for things like this, Ork Pirates, etc.

Chronowraith
05-19-2013, 08:40 AM
Wow. The wraith knight is awesome. Give me 6!!!

I don't know about the flyer. I like it better than the tau flyers or the space marine flyers but... it looks like a batarang.

Tyrendian
05-19-2013, 08:41 AM
I think my jaw just broke through the floor and knocked my mother in the room below unconcious... and my mouth has not yet closed again... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT! god how to resist getting at least two of these! and the flyer... and both books... and and and... my poor wallet... damn you GW for being amazing!

Bitrider
05-19-2013, 08:41 AM
Brain is overloading with wonderfulness, bits going numb. Tingly...

Thank you very much for posting! You have made my weekend! Seriously.

Bitrider
05-19-2013, 08:42 AM
Never mind a small loan I think I'm going to need a second mortgage.

FOR SALE: Kidney. Low miles.

Gotthammer
05-19-2013, 08:42 AM
Plus, isn't that background a sly callback to some ancient Epic elements?

The original Phantom titan background had them piloted by triplets mind linked together, so it is a very similar take on it indeed.

Jacob29
05-19-2013, 08:44 AM
Not sure what I think about that supplement...

Reminds me of Day 1 DLC on Video Games.

But then again, if they are trying to keep all Codex's the same page length, 108 isnt it? then perhaps this is how they wanted to bring more units in...

Hmmm...

Still on the bench. It's either a nice addition, or a cheap way to earn cash.

deaddice
05-19-2013, 08:45 AM
Just a quick look of the model; based on the size of the base (12 cm) as a guide i estimate that the model is about 21cm or just over 8 inches tall.

Andersp90
05-19-2013, 08:51 AM
FOR SALE: Kidney. Low miles.

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv111/Andersp90/largesilence20of20the20lambs1x_zps97666fd4.jpg

Cavash
05-19-2013, 08:51 AM
Eh, I think it would be cool if I could make a few modifications to it. I really, really hope that the crotch shield is optional.

The Iyanden expansion is most certainly pleasing. This looks like a very promising release.

Andersp90
05-19-2013, 08:53 AM
I really, really hope that the crotch shield is optional.

You want to give it a crotch gun too? :)

Deadlift
05-19-2013, 08:54 AM
The knight is begging to be airbrushed. Looks very tasty. Now can someone tell me where the picture of the flyer is you guys are talking about. My old man eyes can't make it out.

Cavash
05-19-2013, 08:54 AM
You want to give it a crotch gun too? :)

Of course! Nothing says overcompensation like crotch cannon! :p

DanTheGameMan
05-19-2013, 08:55 AM
WOW.

Waiting for this for a looooong time. Been a long, stressful wait to see/hear anything concrete since the plastic Farseer.

And it was totally worth it :D

(Now just to hope the rules actually justify buying them!)

Defenestratus
05-19-2013, 08:55 AM
Wraithknight while impressive is a bit meh. It's not hitting my buttons.

codex cover however... That's good stuff.

Jacob29
05-19-2013, 08:56 AM
The knight is begging to be airbrushed. Looks very tasty. Now can someone tell me where the picture of the flyer is you guys are talking about. My old man eyes can't make it out.

On the Digital Product page. Bottom right corner.

Pssyche
05-19-2013, 08:56 AM
Flyer is on the White Dwarf cover on the bottom right of the picture featuring the Codex cover.

Andersp90
05-19-2013, 09:01 AM
The Eldar return to war amongst the stars this month with a host of incredible new miniatures

I need to see them all! NOW!

Bitrider
05-19-2013, 09:13 AM
WOW.
Waiting for this for a looooong time. Been a long, stressful wait to see/hear anything concrete since the plastic Farseer.

And it was totally worth it :D

/signed

Deadlift
05-19-2013, 09:19 AM
Thanks fellas ;)

Asymmetrical Xeno
05-19-2013, 09:29 AM
Wraithknight looks pretty nice I think. I like the odd proportions and details - my Epic nostalgic-side is pleased.

The Codex cover art is as good as all the previous 6th edition ones - I didn't like any of the 5th edition covers, and they've practically improved on every aspect I can think of so always good to see this trend continuing. I assume they are all the same artist too?

Iyanden supplement is a nice surprise! I wonder if this is the start of a new trend for armies or just a test-run to see how well this sort of supplement works?

I want to see the damn Wraithguard and Fliers though. Really need to see them. Yes, I'm impatient.

Archon Charybdis
05-19-2013, 09:36 AM
Iyanden supplement is a nice surprise! I wonder if this is the start of a new trend for armies or just a test-run to see how well this sort of supplement works?

Considering half the new plastic releases, including the super-kit, are already Iyanden focused it wouldn't surprise me that it's an effort to really push that new plastic crack. I'd love to see future such supplements for other Craftworlds but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they don't happen.

Lord-Ozzie Major
05-19-2013, 09:43 AM
well my bank account is going to be empty soon

deaddice
05-19-2013, 09:56 AM
Hopefully the rules wont make using wraithguard or the wraithknight impossible with the new codex eldar.

Regnir
05-19-2013, 10:10 AM
Eesh. Between The rumored new Codex and Tau/Eldar allies, it's a banner year for my Space Maureens...

Seriously good stuff. The Wraithknight carries on the design ethos of the current Wraithlord nicely. Plus, isn't that background a sly callback to some ancient Epic elements? That's pleasing.

Yeah, Eldar Titans were piloted by Eldar Twins and Triplets, back in the day. Forgeworld got away from that with their models.

Regnir
05-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Wraithknight while impressive is a bit meh. It's not hitting my buttons.

codex cover however... That's good stuff.

That's basically what you said about the FW Phantom, until I forced you to buy one at gunpoint, and then your song changed. Sometime tells me you'll change that song once you've got three of these.

Losark
05-19-2013, 10:19 AM
One can only hope that they do that for other armies/craftworlds, I personally want saim hann and a proper all-noise army list for emperor's children. My noise terminators are looking dusty.

Really, tho, I'm most excited by the idea of Codex Suppliments. That's got a lot of potential for expanding th game.

Response B: Its got a lot of potential for wringing my wallet dry.

Vdor103
05-19-2013, 10:22 AM
Loving the look of these!

Wraithknight - definitely see an influence from grav tank design and Wraithseer. I guess with a pilot inside it makes sense. Ill be getting 2-3!

Eldar aircraft - I like the aggressive sleek design, but worried about how wide the wingspan will be and how cumbersome the model will be in both gameplay, transport and storage.

Book vs digital - I've been buying all of my codexs digitally, but now I imagine ill be getting both physical and digital book for this one. Anyone wishing they had an online code when you bought the physical edition for a free or at least discounted digital version?

Supplement - I wonder if this will set up other individual supplements in the future too. Saim Hann, Biel-tan, etc.

Denzark
05-19-2013, 10:37 AM
Always good when a 1st Ed Race gets an update, the blue manga rip off commy tau just don't merit the fuss.

herpguy
05-19-2013, 10:48 AM
Wow so they'll give eldar a supplement but cram all of the CSM in one book?

RGilbert26
05-19-2013, 10:51 AM
Well I'm a happy bunny as well. I decided to buy some Dire Avengers yesterday and paint them up differently from their normal blue. I've got two weeks to get them finished, then I can buy some of the new stuff :)

Xanadu
05-19-2013, 10:54 AM
Enough to make me come out of wargaming hibernation....? maybe... we'll have to investigate the other kits more....

dicemonkey
05-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Best thing about this is they made it look like the Sazabi Gundam. Instead of spending $100 on this I can spend $40 on the Sazabi.

Kongderking
05-19-2013, 11:11 AM
When will this Modells be Released? 1st oder 8th of June anybody know it?

Homeworld
05-19-2013, 11:17 AM
Best thing about this is they made it look like the Sazabi Gundam. Instead of spending $100 on this I can spend $40 on the Sazabi.

To be honest the Sazabi is very bulky and "gundam-like" compared to the wraithknight. Maybe are there some different sazabi models?

wraith knight
05-19-2013, 11:19 AM
games workshop better send me some free or im sueing on my name barrggh humbug

Wilfen82
05-19-2013, 11:20 AM
I'm looking after mates house for 2 weeks at the start of June. Was going to party, but seeing that I now have other plans!

the jeske
05-19-2013, 11:21 AM
The warrior one is ok , bit like a riptide without shield drones . But the farseer/warlock one is more awesome , has more utility too.

Leah Kara Blake
05-19-2013, 11:25 AM
hi i'm new here and what a first post to see, omg that is just amazing

olberon
05-19-2013, 11:44 AM
selling left kidney 800 quid pm me!

Andersp90
05-19-2013, 11:56 AM
It's a great model, but i'm nit a huge fan of it's left hand.

It's open and pointy. Looks really odd.

I mean, why would you spread your fingers like that? :confused:

Denzark
05-19-2013, 11:59 AM

Good point well presented. Lost and Damned anyone? Genestealer Cult?

Warcaster
05-19-2013, 12:01 PM
Reminds me of the Battlemaster from Battletech..............still looks fantastic though - much much better than the Riptide!

Homeworld
It's a great model, but i'm nit a huge fan of it's left hand.

It's open and pointy. Looks really odd.

I mean, why would you spread your fingers like that? :confused:

To show how articulated they are ;)

DrBored
Good point well presented. Lost and Damned anyone? Genestealer Cult?

We can only hope that they'll do some retroactive Chaos updating, y'know, to help get things like Plague Marines up to snuff. Pretty tired of those molds being a whole head shorter.

Hendarion
05-19-2013, 12:05 PM
I'm actually very disappointed. They changed the entire Eldar design so radically. The flyer looks like a mix from a Dark Eldar flyer and a Batman-flyer. Might look better in bigger pictures, but so far I see far less of the so far established Eldar shapes than I see new ones. The Wraithknight also isn't my favorite. The legs are too bulky with far too many weirdly attached plates (where does the plate below the knee and in front of the feet-ankle actually attach to?). Knee-plate is upside-down. Chest is bloated. Hands are tiny. Arms too short. The holofins are too small for my taste and look too much like those of Guardians than those of typical walkers/wraith-constructs/knights/titans. I love the weapons and I like the shape of the head (not the size though). Might turn out to look better in real, but so far I'm very disappointed. Especially the chest looks more like a Contemptor Dreadnought than typical Eldar-chests always ever did in history of 40k.
Too many radical changes for my taste, too less common features reused.

Ashwind
05-19-2013, 12:07 PM
Im thinking that supplements maybe a way for them to address codex creep without having to constantly rehash the codex. Plus it lets GW make money. An elegant solution.

Bitrider
05-19-2013, 12:11 PM
I'm actually very disappointed. They changed the entire Eldar design so radically. The flyer looks like a mix from a Dark Eldar flyer and a Batman-flyer. Might look better in bigger pictures, but so far I see far less of the so far established Eldar shapes than I see new ones. The Wraithknight also isn't my favorite. The legs are too bulky with far too many weirdly attached plates (where does the plate below the knee and in front of the feet-ankle actually attach to?). Knee-plate is upside-down. Chest is bloated. Hands are tiny. Arms too short. The holofins are too small for my taste and look too much like those of Guardians than those of typical walkers/wraith-constructs/knights/titans. I love the weapons and I like the shape of the head (not the size though). Might turn out to look better in real, but so far I'm very disappointed. Especially the chest looks more like a Contemptor Dreadnought than typical Eldar-chests always ever did in history of 40k.

/pfffttt...are you kidding? It looks fun! It looks like it belongs. Can't wait to paint it purple/black, bit it up some and run it as part of a detachment for a DE army. How mean and fluffy could it be running with Lilith. :D

Hendarion
05-19-2013, 12:17 PM
I'm not kidding. Nope. I really think that way. They are maybe nice designs, but they aren't "Eldar designs" in my eyes.

spaceman91
05-19-2013, 12:18 PM
Why is nothing ever good enough for some people? I really like the knight and I really like the flyer.

Edit: not picking on any one person here.

Asymmetrical Xeno
05-19-2013, 12:21 PM
I see the Warseer thread the pictures originated from has vanished. Still hoping to see the rest!

whiteleaf
05-19-2013, 12:30 PM
Yeah, a Codex supplement. Is there a good reason this could not have been in the main book? Or is this just GW taking the piss by splitting out content to squeeze more money out of fans?

Homeworld
05-19-2013, 12:30 PM

Your statement make me think about my actual taste. I'm an old gamer and Eldar fan too: I started twenty years ago with Eldar and never played or collected anything different (save for some High Elves). I'm too very fond about the classical eldar style, loving many of the old outdated models. I understand your critics, very accurate and solid as usual. Despite this, I truly like the wraithknight, even if I'm aware its style it's different from recent models. Nevertheless It seems to me still "Eldar". Maybe we may fully judge when we'll see the whole new range of the codex :confused:

Hendarion
05-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Why is nothing ever good enough for some people? I really like the knight and I really like the flyer.Excuse me? I own *every* Eldar model since 1987. Including every Forge World product for Eldar. And now I am someone for whom "nothing is ever good enough"? Oh kay...

gresha
05-19-2013, 12:34 PM
Today is my birthday and I graduated college. This has just topped both in so many ways. Wraithknight looks awesome and I'm really happy to see a supplemental book but will that be the only way to WraithWall? Also is the book dropping June 1st because Codex: Iyanden says it's releasing June 8th in the description. (Sorry if that's answered but I only skimmed the first 9 pages)

colinsherlow
05-19-2013, 12:37 PM

This is not a mini dex. It is basically just for scenarios with special rules. Doubt it will be specific rules for a specific craft world. Unless they are specific for the supplements missions

lattd
05-19-2013, 12:43 PM
The supplemental book does state it has additional rules, these may just be FOC changes.

Kirsten
05-19-2013, 12:43 PM
the wraithknight looks amazing, hoping every race doesn't get a giant walker though.

the most amazing news here is the Iyanden supplement, the opportunities that opens up for the game as a whole, who knows what sort of supplemental lists we might see.

spaceman91
05-19-2013, 12:44 PM
Excuse me? I own *every* Eldar model since 1987. Including every Forge World product for Eldar. And now I am someone for whom "nothing is ever good enough"? Oh kay...

i did say not directed at any one person.

Chronowraith
05-19-2013, 12:46 PM
They changed the entire Eldar design so radically.

It's your opinion so it's neither right nor wrong, but I disagree with this. They pulled several DIFFERENT Eldar design elements together to make a single kit. You have the general spindly legs/arms from the wraithlord set, the vents and sensor veins from guardians, the head is more wraithguard-ish while the shoulder mounted weapons are from the titans. Also, it's one picture. It could simply be that some of the complaints you've listed are simply accentuated by the angle and/or pose.

The flyer looks like a mix from a Dark Eldar flyer and a Batman-flyer.

I agree with you here. The flyer has too many sharp points that are reminiscent of Dark Eldar. Although it really does look more like a batarang to me.

The legs are too bulky with far too many weirdly attached plates (where does the plate below the knee and in front of the feet-ankle actually attach to?).

Given the size of the model the legs have to be scaled up to some degree. The armor plates near the knee clearly attach to the upper calf while the ankle plates are attached to the lower calf to both protect the ankle (which is actually undeaneath the armor plates). They really aren't any different then the random plates you find on the legs of the aspect warriors.

Knee-plate is upside-down.

True, but if I had to guess you could easily flop that around in the kit. It looks like the knee pad is a single bit.

Chest is bloated.

I see what you are saying but I really think this is just the pose and angle of shot. Wait for a profile shot (or the 360°).

Arms too short.

The arms are proportional. Human arms should fall below the waist and about even to the groind (with some variation), these arms look like they do just that. If anything the Wraithlord's arms are too long since they are almost at the knee.

None of the things you listed are "radical" departures from typical Eldar design. You have to remember that the Eldar have gone through some pretty excessive changes over the years. Compare the original Epic Falcon tanks to the ones we have today (otherwise known as the pizza-slices). Now look at the more recent change that occurred with wraithlords and war walkers. Eldar design aesthetic is a moving target. About all you can expect is that it should be sleek, spindly, and elegant.

Homeworld
05-19-2013, 12:47 PM
the wraithknight looks amazing, hoping every race doesn't get a giant walker though.

My humble prediction: nope. It seems we entered the "Knight Age". I would bet we'll see Imperial and Ork "knights", at least.

Andersp90
05-19-2013, 12:53 PM
It's your opinion so it's neither right nor wrong, but I disagree with this.

Me too.

It looks ALOT like the Fire Gale on the top left. :)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3lhX7g9gAbE/UYPWm37uxbI/AAAAAAAAXbM/xIhhcAU6yAg/s1600/eldar-knights.jpg

Bitrider
05-19-2013, 01:00 PM
I am just glad it WASN'T the Bright Stallion. :D Not sure if I could put up with the 'Bill&Ted' Craftworld jokes. (Ok so maybe I am the only one that gets that.)

Andersp90
05-19-2013, 01:04 PM
I am just glad it WASN'T the Bright Stallion. :D

Agreed. :)

spaceman91
05-19-2013, 01:07 PM
I am just glad it WASN'T the Bright Stallion. :D Not sure if I could put up with the 'Bill&Ted' Craftworld jokes. (Ok so maybe I am the only one that gets that.)

I don't know, it has its charms;-)

Andersp90
05-19-2013, 01:11 PM
I don't know, it has its charms;-)

- if you're a cowboy! :D

Warhound
05-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Is the Iyanden supplement digital only? (and IOS only)?

Mkvenner
05-19-2013, 01:48 PM
Is the Iyanden supplement digital only? (and IOS only)?

I don't know, but assume and am 90.3% sure it is completely digital.

Given the precedent for most of their digital publications, it's probably going to be for IOS only. That doesn't stop people from cracking and releasing the pdf from it of course.

Jacob29
05-19-2013, 01:56 PM

Given the precedent for most of their digital publications, it's probably going to be for IOS only. That doesn't stop people from cracking and releasing the pdf from it of course.

Well that's what usually happens when a company decides to ignore a near majority market. Really annoys me that they only produce for iOS, as I really REALLY don't want to get Apple products.

epilchowski
05-19-2013, 02:07 PM
Anyone notice the flyer on the cover of the digital edition of white dwarf?

KaptinScuzgob
05-19-2013, 02:07 PM
im very interested in that codex supplement. i wonder if thats how GW will handle Black Templars and other minor chapters come the next Space Marine codex.

And it makes me excited for Orkz. More stompy robots please!

Mkvenner
05-19-2013, 02:10 PM
They are made as .pdfs anyways, I think. I don't why it would be so difficult to have it available for Google Play...

Andersp90
05-19-2013, 02:10 PM
Well that's what usually happens when a company decides to ignore a near majority market. Really annoys me that they only produce for iOS, as I really REALLY don't want to get Apple products.

I wonder if they are paied by apple?

Jacob29
05-19-2013, 02:26 PM
They are made as .pdfs anyways, I think. I don't why it would be so difficult to have it available for Google Play...

Nah they are special files for iOS with special interactions.

The way they could do it, would be via a self-made App. that mimics what the iOS versions do.

Warhound
05-19-2013, 02:30 PM

Thanks.
As an Android user I am not that inclined to get a iPad just for this book. $400.00 plus is pretty steep...

Mr Mystery
05-19-2013, 02:58 PM

Once again for luck.... Android is market dominant. But iOS is a single product. Android has variances between devices. Each variance requires a tinker.

They will come, once GW, like any company, are confident it's worth the investment.

Steven Palmer
05-19-2013, 03:11 PM
Quite allot of super suits lately-More to crush I suppose >:)

Deadlift
05-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Now marines "must" be getting a giant Dreadnought thing :o

Carey Yesoob
05-19-2013, 03:50 PM
It's in the bottom corner on the cover of the WD

Homeworld
05-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Now marines "must" be getting a giant Dreadnought thing :o

Very likely. On the other hand there were rumors about "bigger terminators", something between average termies and dreadnoughts. But I don't know if it's still reliable.

Mkvenner
05-19-2013, 03:55 PM
Nah they are special files for iOS with special interactions.

The way they could do it, would be via a self-made App. that mimics what the iOS versions do.

I didn't think it was an app. I thought the application just read the pdf files. With some of the 6th edition codices I have gotten on my laptop, (Not Apple) they have a search function that actually works. I have the Chaos, DA, and Tau Empire. They all works like normal pdfs and were not scanned from what I can see.

Unless there is a function in pdf makers I am missing that can translate text into the pdf.

Thanks.
As an Android user I am not that inclined to get a iPad just for this book. $400.00 plus is pretty steep...

You just gotta be a little patient is all with how GW only works on IOS. So if anything, a week, two weeks tops for the supplement after the release.

Jacob29
05-19-2013, 03:56 PM
Once again for luck.... Android is market dominant. But iOS is a single product. Android has variances between devices. Each variance requires a tinker.

They will come, once GW, like any company, are confident it's worth the investment.

Sure I can understand why they are scared of the fragmentation, but they really shouldn't be.

They are already turning away iOS users who aren't on iOS 5.0.1, so why can't just turn away Android users who can't run their App?

They just need to take the dive and i'm sure it'll pay off for them.

I didn't think it was an app. I thought the application just read the pdf files. With some of the 6th edition codices I have gotten on my laptop, (Not Apple) they have a search function that actually works. I have the Chaos, DA, and Tau Empire. They all works like normal pdfs and were not scanned from what I can see.

Unless there is a function in pdf makers I am missing that can translate text into the pdf.

Oh...? Can you also click on special rules and it shows you them? Does it also have all the extra's that the digital products have?

Does it look like this?

Hal
05-19-2013, 04:08 PM
I don't know if anybody noticed, but it looks like they used the old jetbike design on the codex cover..
Not sure if that's an older pic they used though?
I'm really hoping for new (prettier) jetbike models.

Besides that, the knight looks amazing.. Can't wait for some rules.

Mkvenner
05-19-2013, 04:19 PM
Oh...? Can you also click on special rules and it shows you them? Does it also have all the extra's that the digital products have?

Does it look like this?

I think that's part of the application in IOS. It's just reading and formatting it. Otherwise I just have some really good scans I guess.

raven1man
05-19-2013, 04:23 PM
The seer on the cover of the Iyanden book reminds me of Zero from the Code Geass anime. Attached image for those that don't know.

Denour
05-19-2013, 04:37 PM
On the Iyanden book... is that a Farseer with a Wraithseers head?

The Madman
05-19-2013, 04:42 PM
looks like the Riptide has a friend. :D

disappointed that the Iyanden only has some scenarios and background, it mad me get the idea of an Iyanden army list.

Mkvenner
05-19-2013, 04:46 PM
Oh boy. Anyone who still thinks the Iyanden supplement is going to be paperback.

http://images.4chan.org/tg/src/1368998216776.png

Archon Charybdis
05-19-2013, 04:50 PM
Oh boy. Anyone who still thinks the Iyanden supplement is going to be paperback.

http://images.4chan.org/tg/src/1368998216776.png

But surely you're not suggesting the codex is going to be digital only, are you? Just because they have it listed under digital releases doesn't mean they won't have it in print too.

Mkvenner
05-19-2013, 04:54 PM
I am saying those pieces are all available digitally, since we know the Codex and WD is both, there is a chance. However, if you look at all the extra supplements they tend to be digital only.

So all of those are digital with the codex and WD available in paper.

EDIT- If by some chance it is paper... I want a Biel-Tan one! Just a hunch, the Iyanden one probably allows for an all Wraith Construct force.

EDIT2- Erm. Well there is a paper version of the High Elves Heraldry book. Have to wonder why there is only Iyanden.

uncookedtrout
05-19-2013, 04:54 PM
http://rich-sanders.com/crap/Wraithknight2.jpg

amirite?

calamitycal
05-19-2013, 04:58 PM
Agreed. It's not a great looking model. It's not bad (like the helldrake) but it's no Riptide. The Wraithlord and the Forge World titans are *far* better looking models. From that pic the wraithknight looks like a mess.

Withholding judgement of course until we see better pics (plus that paintjob is pretty mediocre) on the Wraithknight and flyer, but on the whole I agree with you, they look "off".

White Tiger88
05-19-2013, 05:05 PM
Screw bunks I'm too busy to move. I feel like I've been slapped with an orgas mic tonne of awesome.

They aren't the only one.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2otsegAuU1qezk6n.gif

God i want to dig my old army out now....

eldargal
05-19-2013, 05:07 PM
It doesn't look 'off' it looks 'new'. It's a knight titan revamped for 40k, the proportions are right for that and the flyer looks like it is inspired by the Vampire from what you can tell from the tiny picture. If you don't like it because you think the proportions are wrong or you don't like the way it looks fine. But to say it doesn't suit the eldar aesthetic like that is some kind of objective judgement is just deluded. Anyone taking a glance at that will know instantly it is an eldar unit. Why? Because it fits with the established aesthetic perfectly.

The amusing thing is we had the same thing with the now beloved wraith lord 'it looks too busy', 'gosh why is it so spindly compared to the wraith guard', 'it looks silly/weird'

Whatever. It fits the eldar aesthetic, it's something fresh and new to play with after nearly twenty years, I'm excited.

Rob-O
05-19-2013, 05:08 PM
just a bit of photoshop fun...

eldargal
05-19-2013, 05:11 PM

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4083&d=1369004819
Yay, now I'm not cranky anymore. Hurry up saturday...

calamitycal
05-19-2013, 05:18 PM

Nice! Sadly, if you were to rate those models against each other, the knight would get the lowest score.

Bitrider
05-19-2013, 05:23 PM

That's great! I have a new pic for my wallpaper.

Brakkart
05-19-2013, 05:28 PM
Nice job with the composite pic there Rob-O! I quite like the Wraithknight and don't get the comments not liking the groin shield as both the Eldar Titan's have something very similar. It fits in very well with the existing Eldar aesthetic I feel.

It does kinda push the limit on size for what can fit on the big oval base though, GW might have to design a bigger plastic base if this trend for bigger models continues (and I certainly hope it does).

Nx2
05-19-2013, 05:35 PM
I am not so sure that the wraithknight will be on a large oval base, as the picture shows, that would make it absurdly huge. Could it be that the wraithknight is on a cybot base? If so, it would still be a lot taller than a wraithlord but in line with a riptide. On gw-fanworld.net, the user escobar made these comparisions, which underline my doubts.

http://s14.directupload.net/images/130519/sohwljyo.jpg
http://s1.directupload.net/images/130519/tm9np4cp.jpg

The second one seems to be more realistic to me. Although I have to say that the base really looks like a large oval base.

Gir
05-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Nice! Sadly, if you were to rate those models against each other, the knight would get the lowest score.

It's a 9/10 in a group of 9.5 & 10's. Nothing to complain about.

calamitycal
05-19-2013, 05:53 PM
I'd say 7/10. Which isn't bad. As I said I don't think its a bad model...just not great. GW isn't infallible. Not everything they make is a home run.

I'm still hoping it looks better in person. I agree with Eldargal that the shapes are very Eldar. Its the use and proportions of those shapes that look off to me.

It's a 9/10 in a group of 9.5 & 10's. Nothing to complain about.

BigGrim
05-19-2013, 06:06 PM
I think it looks perfect! Gonna get at least one!

Bigred
05-19-2013, 06:09 PM
I think it's on the large oval base. The 60mm have a different ratio of the sides to the top. They could certainly make the Wraithknight that large due to the spindly low-mass nature of the Eldar limbs. Its a really lanky design, so they can probably stuff all of that onto the same sprue sizes as the Riptide.

That thing is almost as tall at a Stompa (but not wearing a scrap metal mumu)!

Eldar_Atog
05-19-2013, 06:10 PM
Can not WAIT to get a hold of that Wraith Knight model! Gotta think of some ways to harliquin it up :)

Bitrider
05-19-2013, 06:28 PM
Can not WAIT to get a hold of that Wraith Knight model! Gotta think of some ways to harliquin it up :)

Hate you...now I have to get one for a normal craftworld, one for the DE mash-up and now one to dedicate to the Laughing God. :P

Defenestratus
05-19-2013, 06:30 PM
That's basically what you said about the FW Phantom, until I forced you to buy one at gunpoint, and then your song changed. Sometime tells me you'll change that song once you've got three of these.

I'm not saying i'm not going to get it... I'll probably get 10 of them.

But .... I only liked the phantom once I got it and put it in a pose that wasn't stupid. I also still don't like the face but whatever -

I'm sure I'll "like" these models just fine once I put one together for the first time.

IyandenSun
05-19-2013, 06:31 PM
The size of the shoulder scatter lasers would also be too small if the knight was on a dread base.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_bURHJ-VRewM/TBolW1yBIAI/AAAAAAAABHs/nYOtOlYkqWA/s320/Iyanden+Wraithlord.jpg

calamitycal
05-19-2013, 06:35 PM
If you do that be sure to post some pics! I've already thought of a few conversions that might make it look a bit better.

I think the question is how big is the darn thing!? If it's on an oval base I'm going to need some seriously large hills to keep it out of LOS, lol.

Defenestratus
05-19-2013, 06:42 PM

And once again - they wouldn't have to do squat differently for an Android version to make "feature rich content".

Android supports HTML5 natively and nothing out of digital products cannot be done with HTML5.

But, back on topic... how much the wraithknight's name stinks on ice.

daboarder
05-19-2013, 07:05 PM
But, back on topic... how much the wraithknight's name stinks on ice.

Eh, I figure its a reference to the Knight Titans, lets be honest these giant kits are basically the re-birth of those units, sure they don't come in squadrons but you'd be hard pressed to find the points for that without going apoc anyway.

DarkLink
05-19-2013, 07:13 PM
This is a game where psychic genetically engineered super-soldiers in powered armor club each other in the face with chainsaw swords in space, and people are complaining that Wraithknight is too corny?

daboarder
05-19-2013, 07:15 PM
This is a game where psychic genetically engineered super-soldiers in powered armor club each other in the face with chainsaw swords in space, and people are complaining that Wraithknight is too corny?

Im not, I'm really really tempted to pick one up and either convert it to DE or just pose it like the revenant and keep it for display.

Bigred
05-19-2013, 07:50 PM
I'm an old hoary vet who used to play EPIC. It'll always be a Firegale to me.

Does that make you feel better Defenestratus?

Eldar_Atog
05-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Hate you...now I have to get one for a normal craftworld, one for the DE mash-up and now one to dedicate to the Laughing God. :P

Lol, just to complete the trifecta... You could also use the new high elf kits to represent the Exodites. I think I will represent one of my new Eldar flyers with the new high elf Phoenix :)

deinol
05-19-2013, 08:38 PM
What if the Eldar call them Fire Gales but the marines nickname them "Wraith Knights". Everybody wins!

I will want one eventually, but if they are $85-100 I'll have to wait a few paychecks.

Eldar_Atog
05-19-2013, 08:39 PM
If you do that be sure to post some pics! I've already thought of a few conversions that might make it look a bit better.

I think the question is how big is the darn thing!? If it's on an oval base I'm going to need some seriously large hills to keep it out of LOS, lol.

Heh, I need to post pictures of my Joker Wraithlord (with a harliquin painted like Harly Quinn) and my wraithlord that is riding an unicycle :)

Gir
05-19-2013, 09:11 PM
What if the Eldar call them Fire Gales but the marines nickname them "Wraith Knights". Everybody wins!

I will want one eventually, but if they are $85-100 I'll have to wait a few paychecks.

It'll be the same price as the Riptide I'm betting.

Mkvenner
05-19-2013, 10:17 PM
C'mon Pepper needs a brand new unit of Wraithguard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qyZ_Rt7jak

Learn2Eel
05-19-2013, 11:48 PM
It'll be the same price as the Riptide I'm betting.

If the Wraithknight is as big as we think it is, I think it will be quite a bit more expensive - hopefully not by much though.
In Australia, GW pulled a fast one with a $90 Riptide - a great deal considering our Stormraven is $110.
I would expect the Wraithknight to be $110, though if they price it similarly to the Riptide, it would be a genius move on their part and see the Wraithknights fly off the shelves - particularly given Eldar can ally with almost anyone!

I had a look at these pictures last night when they leaked, but I haven't had a chance to post my impressions of them yet. With that in mind, here goes;

*Wraithknight - Wow! That thing is titanic (literally)! I thought the Trygon/Riptide were big, but this thing just laughs at them from a great height. It looks super cool too - I love the pose - and that you can give it a shield plus either a sword or a big gun is wicked cool. It kind of reminds of a giant Wraithseer, and the fluff is cool too. I'm grabbing one on release day regardless of its rules, as it will make an amazing centre piece/display model. I'm sure Mr Jax will love painting one up!
*Flyer - Very nice; I can definitely see this being the most popular flyer based on its aesthetics. With Vector Dancer and some other fun rules thrown in, it could very well be a strong flyer too. However, I feel GW have learned from their mistake with the Heldrake, and so the mechanical dragon will still likely be the top 6th Edition flyer so far.
*Codex Art - This editions' artwork just keeps on improving. The Chaos Space Marine and Dark Angels artworks were cool, but a little bland. The Chaos Daemons and Tau artworks were top class though. Now we have this, and it looks amazing. I will have to wait until I see it in the flesh, but from what I can see, I think this is my favourite codex artwork yet, which is no easy feat after the last two codices.
*Iyanden Supplement - Not sure on this one, but bringing in supplements in the vein of the Heraldry books from Fantasy is a big plus. The main thing for me is the additional rules; if it actually provides an alternative, Iyanden themed army list, this is a genius move and I will definitely grab it to do a full on Wraith army. The implications of adding in an additional army list as a codex supplement is the big thing here though; if it is what I think it is, it would certainly pave the way for Black Templars to be subsumed mostly into the Space Marine codex, and for a - you guessed it - eventual Chaos Legions supplement(s).

If they do have a Chaos Legions supplement in mind, one wonders whether they would represent all the Legion army lists in one book (probably unlikely as it would be a big book then) or if they would do one for each Legion, or maybe one for three Legions at a time. Ah, the possibilities.....

calamitycal
05-20-2013, 12:43 AM
It will be interesting to see where the Wraithknight fits in. The Eldar already have a LOT of heavy support choices. I am hoping it's not just a buffed up wraithlord.

templarboy
05-20-2013, 01:01 AM
All of the Eldar FOC slots are pretty full. I am predicting the Wraithknight will take up one of the very precious elite slots. The Riptide is an elite but the dreadknight is a heavy. It's a toss up.

Learn2Eel
05-20-2013, 01:07 AM
All of the Eldar FOC slots are pretty full. I am predicting the Wraithknight will take up one of the very precious elite slots. The Riptide is an elite but the dreadknight is a heavy. It's a toss up.

If I was writing the codex and trying to fit in a new Wraith construct, I would move Wraithguard to Troops, Wraithlords to Elites and Wraithknights to Heavy Support. It gives us another Troops option without having to take ten and a Spiritseer, it doesn't "add" any more units to the total number for Elites and Heavy Support, and it means we can see armies with potentially eight (three Wraithlords, three Wraithknights, Wraithseer, Avatar) monstrous creatures. Whether GW took this line or not remains to be seen.

deaddice
05-20-2013, 01:19 AM
Makes me wonder if its like this " hmm put wraith knight in elites, then let us make wraith guard troops so there is room,well better make it an Iyanden supplement only rule....."

$$ goes the marketing department.

DrLove42
05-20-2013, 01:47 AM
ONe week....well 2 for release

Oh boy. I need to get my Tau done in the next 2 weeks cos they won't be seeing the table top much for a while

StraightSilver
05-20-2013, 03:32 AM
I'm gonna have to be honest and agree with Hendarrion on this.

Don't get me wrong, the Wraith Knight is a great model as well as a great concept with the twin pilots and although I do like it I am a little disappointed.

To me it just smacks of lazy design, it's essentially just a big Wraith Lord. Nothing wrong with that but I would have preferred something that really stands out.

I am also not a big fan of the giant chest.

Why does the living pilot have to sit there, why couldn't he have been in a cockpit in the head like an Eldar Titan.

It's just too chunky for me, I would have preferred something more spry and slender looking, and I hate the vanes on the back, again way too chunky.

I am finding this a lot with the move to full CAD design. I know there are limitations on the sprue which is why the Marine flyers are chunky, and the chunky torso on the Rip Tide works as it follows the aesthetic of the other Tau Battle Suits but I see no reason to beef up the Eldar.

I was also hoping for something more unique. We already have Wraith Lords which fill a very specific role and are more than adequate so why do we need another, bigger Wraith Lord?

Obviously this is just personal opinion and I am not saying it's a bad model as it really isn't and I am sure as a kit it is lovely to put together, the more recent GW plastic kits have been very well designed.

Maybe I just really wanted something akin to the equine Wild Stallions from Epic, this doesn't scream Knight to me, it just looks like a scaled up Wraith Lord which is as I say a bit lazy.

It could well be just the photo though, I will wait until I see one in the flesh. It doesn't help that I am not a fan of the paint job on the head in this one so will wait before passing judgement (although I guess I already have done that...)

The flyer on the other hand from what I can make out looks great> I can't help but wonder though whether this is a dual Eldar / Dark Eldar kit that also counts as the VoidRaven Bomber?

Kamin_Majere
05-20-2013, 03:59 AM
While I was holding out hope for a Bright Stallion, I'll take a Fire Gale instead. I think the angle and the Saim Hann paint scheme kinda kills the models reaction for some people. I think it would have been better received in Beil Tan or one of the other craft worlds as the reds of Saim Hann tend to kill details IMO.

As to why the pilot, it seems a throw back to the older stuff. Revenants tended to have twins and phantoms tended to have triplets as a crew. With the Knight they look to be reworking that fluff a bit so the Revenant crew twins have lost one of the members and the dead one is entombed into the Fire Gale in with the living twin piloting it. I like it, a bit throw back and a bit new all rolled into a nice package

TalismanOfVaul
05-20-2013, 04:27 AM
Quite a bit of negativity on here for the wraithknight (a lazy wraithlord sculpt etc).

When Forgeworld released the updated Revenant and Phantom titans, any eldar player could see that any wraith sculpt would in time mirror these designs (the current wraithlord as prime example) and voila, the wraithknight is an example of this, smooth clean aesthetics consistent with the revamped Eldar.

Of course, this observation and opinion will only be certified if the future release of the wraithguard mirror the titans or even the wraithknight but I am positive this trend will continue, in keeping with the Eldar design style.

I for one love the design and am looking forward to the release and rules. Those who don't like it, don't buy it.

zenBen
05-20-2013, 04:39 AM
MOAAARRRR pics pls...someone email China and ask for more leaks from WD.

Hendarion
05-20-2013, 05:18 AM
When Forgeworld released the updated Revenant and Phantom titans, any eldar player could see that any wraith sculpt would in time mirror these designs (the current wraithlord as prime example) and voila, the wraithknight is an example of this, smooth clean aesthetics consistent with the revamped Eldar.Are you saying the Wraithknight is mirroring the Titan designs? Because it isn't. The chest is mirroring the Wraithlord - round and bulky whereas the Titans look more like Aspect-warriors. The legs have those "weird round plates" slapped on as has the Wraithlord - the Titans don't have these. The shoulders are those of Dire Avengers, neither like those of a Wraithlord, nor like those of the Titans. The knees are upside down for whatever reason. The new plates below the knee and at the feet ankles are also "new". They look like Wraithlord loincloths, but somehow give me the weird impression that they don't belong there. No single Eldar-model hat yet such plates. The upper legs of the Wraithknight should also have been kept smooth without additional armour if you ask me. He looks insanely well armoured. He may be a knight, but his rules most likely won't reflect it - "sacrificing armour for speed". The holofins are rather small. They might look like guardian's ones, but surely not like those of a Wraithlord and not like those of Titans either. I always loved the huge holofins. Now it more looks like small Tau sensor spines or something.
Anyway, I had my rent already :P I just want to say that I can't see where the Wraithknight is mirroring the Titans. Not even the old Epic knights are reflected there. The chest is too large, the head too small and the holofins totalls different.

Aaaaand... *sad panda* here that we didn't get the Bright Stallion Wraith Pony. :(

eldargal
05-20-2013, 05:39 AM
WH40K PSYCHIC POWERS: ELDAR ENG
ELDAR FARSEER
ELDAR WINDRIDER JETBIKE SQUADRON
ELDAR BATTLEFORCE
ELDAR WRAITHGUARD
ELDAR HEMLOCK WRAITHFIGHTER
ELDAR DIRE AVENGERS
ELDAR WRAITHKNIGHT
ELDAR SPIRITSEER
ILLIC NIGHTSPEAR
There are a couple of variations of this list going around now, one without jetbikes and this one. Also claims that Dire Avengers are being repackaged into boxes of five for the same price. Not convinced they are accurate yet but we will see.

Jacob29
05-20-2013, 05:46 AM
There are a couple of variations of this list going around now, one without jetbikes and this one. Also claims that Dire Avengers are being repackaged into boxes of five for the same price. Not convinced they are accurate yet but we will see.

Not buying it, not with the picture of the wanna-be Jes Goodwin Jetbike on the codex art.

Also, is the black facial part of the helmet on the Wraithknight indented?

Might just green stuff and fill it in and then paint it pure white see how the looks.

deus-ex-makina
05-20-2013, 05:47 AM
huge disappointment, Wraith Knight looks like a 10years old child's toy, and its size completly breaks the army's visual homogeneity.
i'm glad that new miniatures are coming out, but i do hope the next will be much "adult" and serious in their design.

on the other hand, the flyer good be not that bad, need more pics.

this is just my opinion, at least some of you guys love the WK and that's fine, i'm just not convinced and less than satisfied on this one.

regards,

DexM

Tyrendian
05-20-2013, 05:53 AM
Also claims that Dire Avengers are being repackaged into boxes of five for the same price.
As in, 5 for the price they currently charge for 10? I find that hard to believe - even coming from GW...
Other than that, looks pretty much like what I hoped for (i.e. including new Jetbikes - the old ones are waay too expensive and not really to my taste). Surprised to see only one named Character though... but I guess we have plenty of choice as it is, if you include all the phoenix lords (some of whom could do with a resculpt though...esp. Asurmen and Jain Zar, and maybe Karandras)

Jacob29
05-20-2013, 05:55 AM
As in, 5 for the price they currently charge for 10? I find that hard to believe - even coming from GW...
Other than that, looks pretty much like what I hoped for (i.e. including new Jetbikes - the old ones are waay too expensive and not really to my taste). Surprised to see only one named Character though... but I guess we have plenty of choice as it is, if you include all the phoenix lords (some of whom could do with a resculpt though...esp. Asurmen and Jain Zar, and maybe Karandras)

If they do make it a 5-man box they better not ruin it like the god damn harlie box.

MAN I HATE THAT BOX SO HARD.

Andersp90
05-20-2013, 05:59 AM
Looks like the wraithknight will get a prism-tip just like the fire prism's weapon.

Some of it is deff visible.

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv111/Andersp90/wdwew_zps37cb4998-1_zps31bab523.jpg

Learn2Eel
05-20-2013, 06:00 AM
Hmmm.....though it would be cool to have Nightspear and new Jetbikes, I doubt the validity of that list personally. No way in hell would GW be stupid enough to halve the number of Dire Avengers in a $62 (AUD) box with no price drop. The backlash would be nothing short of staggering.

RGilbert26
05-20-2013, 06:00 AM
I highly doubt GW will repackage Dire Avengers to a 5 man box at same price.

DrLove42
05-20-2013, 06:05 AM
I don't see 5 DA in one box UNLESS their role in the codex has changed dramatically. Everything else in plastic comes in boxes of 10....unless they''re a super elite unit or something.

Either way I'm glad I've got plenty enough

Defenestratus
05-20-2013, 06:18 AM
I'm an old hoary vet who used to play EPIC. It'll always be a Firegale to me.

Does that make you feel better Defenestratus?

Big,

I'll join you on your Firegale crusade.

Much MUCH better name.

Denzark
05-20-2013, 07:16 AM
I think this will be of a size between Wraithlord and Eldar Knight personally.

Mr Mystery
05-20-2013, 07:20 AM
Wondering what it does now.

Mentions psychically charged weapons.....

Jacob29
05-20-2013, 07:33 AM
Warhammer 40000: Codex Eldar104 page full colour, hardback Warhammer 40,000 CodexContains New Artwork, Background and rules whilst showcasing the fantastic miniature range

Warhammer 40000: Eldar WraithknightThis box contains a multipart plastic kit that makes one Eldar Wraithknight, this completely new Walker stands a massive 9 inches tall and can be constructed with a variety of armaments to fulfill a range of battlefield roles.

Warhammer 40000: Eldar Hemlock Wraithfighter/ Crimson HunterThis box contains a multipart plastic kit that makes either a Hemlock Wraithfighter or a Crimson Hunter, both new Eldar Flyers. The Hemlock Wraithfighter is a Psychicly armed bomber designer to cause havoc among enemy troops while the Crimson Hunter is an all new aspect warrior class whom excel at aerial combat.

Warhammer 40000: Eldar Wraithguard/WraithbladesThis box contains a multipart plastic kit that makes either 5 Wraithguards previously only available in metal or 5 Wraithblades, a new type of deadly close combat warrior.

Warhammer 40000: Eldar FarseerA plastic Clamp pack containing 1 Eldar Hero in a dynamic mid-casting posse.

Reformatted Warhammer 40000: Eldar Battle ForceContains 10 Eldar Guardians and a Heavy Weapon Platform, 5 Dire Avengers (including the option of making an Exarch), a Wave Serpent and a Vyper Jetbike

Reformatted Warhammer 40000: Eldar Dire AvengersThe Dire Avengers squad has been repackaged as a five miniature boxed set (including the option of making an Exarch)

New Finecast ReleasesWarhammer 40000: Illic Nightspear· A clampack that contains one highly detailed Citadel Finecast resin miniature sculpted by Edgar Ramos. Illic Nightspear is an outcast who has become an deadly assassin armed with the sniper rifle Voidbringer.

Warhammer 40000: Eldar Spiritseer· A clampack that contains one highly detailed Citadel Finecast resin miniature sculpted by Mike Fores. Armed with a Witch Staff and spirit stone wearing a distinctive eyeless helm.Available While Stocks LastThese Items are highly limited, please request the quantity you require and we will supply you as close to this number as we can.

Warhammer 40,000 Psychic Cards: Eldar·This pack contains 14 reference cards that describe the effects of each of the Primaris Powers and the the six psychic powers available to each area of mastery

From pizzaguardian over at DakkaDakka

source: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/1470/463557.page

SeekingOne
05-20-2013, 07:37 AM
It will be interesting to see where the Wraithknight fits in. The Eldar already have a LOT of heavy support choices. I am hoping it's not just a buffed up wraithlord.

Yes, it's not just a buffed up Wraithlord - it's a buffed up Wraithlord without wraithsight ;)

Crimson Hunter is an all new aspect warrior class whom excel at aerial combat.

All I can say is WOW - here GW designers finally managed to impress me :) Finally there is an Aspect dedicated to piloting a war machine rather than running around on foot. An Aspect warrior jetfighter - I lost hope to see anything like this long ago... Unless I misunderstand the description of course.

Though this brings me to a sad thought - since they still tie war machines to the distiction between Aspect warriors and "ordinary eldar", Wraithknight may well be WS3/BS3.

Defenestratus
05-20-2013, 07:55 AM
From pizzaguardian over at DakkaDakka

source: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/1470/463557.page

Wraithknight?

Wraithblade?

Wraithfighter?

Who the hell is in charge of the "Naming things" department over at GW?

They need to be sacked.

Tyrendian
05-20-2013, 07:57 AM
so no new jetbikes? *sigh* then I can only hope they get much worse, or i'll probably have to get some of the old, ugly ones although I don't want to... or maybe convert some DE ones...

eldargal
05-20-2013, 07:59 AM
Wraithknight?

Wraithblade?

Wraithfighter?

Who the hell is in charge of the "Naming things" department over at GW?

They need to be sacked.

Assuming they are accurate.

DrLove42
05-20-2013, 08:02 AM
So two full physic trees

And looks like I better go buy a box of 10 DA before they disappear.

Any confirmed news on author yet?

Jacob29
05-20-2013, 08:03 AM

Heh too true. I keep reading two different things, some people with the White Dwarf say new jetbike repack, some rumors say new models, and some people with white dwarf say no new jetbike repack.

Defenestratus
05-20-2013, 08:05 AM

I'm having a hard time believing that GW would leave us with aspect warrior models and special character models that are 4 editions old.

Are there any of the other original armies that have models in production today that harken back to the days of 2nd edition?

Jacob29
05-20-2013, 08:08 AM
I'm having a hard time believing that GW would leave us with aspect warrior models and special character models that are 4 editions old.

Are there any of the other original armies that have models in production today that harken back to the days of 2nd edition?

Perhaps something from the guard line?

Al'Rahem? dunno how old his model is.. looks fairly dated.

also *wink wink* *nudge nudge* http://i.imgur.com/CYphaax.png

eldargal
05-20-2013, 08:12 AM

Me too. If it happens, though, it won't lessen my appreciation of the new kits that we are getting. Just have to hope for a Biel-Tan supplement in a few months with some plastic Warp Spiders and such (there is speculation to this effect on Warseer, not getting my hopes up.:rolleyes:

busimagic
05-20-2013, 08:12 AM

I can't think of any units but I think their are some characters. I think Njal(power armour) is and their is a chance that Ragnar and Ulric are but I think they are 3rd ed.

Actually the Chaos Dred is probably that old.

ed. Also the ork Warbuggy and Wartrak are as old as sin.

mattblowers
05-20-2013, 08:15 AM
Codex supplement looks nifty, extra rules for Iyanden army by the looks of it. Could be tempted with that myself. Will buy the codex and supplement most likly. See what happens afterwards :o

Ok, but here's the thing. I feel that a codex should be complete on release day at least. Keep me coming back for more, that's fine. Tempt with a LE Codex, fine. But don't release a new codex and supplements at the same time. Wait till GW starts to charge us for Errata.

eldargal
05-20-2013, 08:16 AM
It's a testament to how beautiful and well designed the original eldar sculpts were really.

Also, rumour has it the book was written by Phil Kelly and Adam Troke.

Ok, but here's the thing. I feel that a codex should be complete on release day at least. Keep me coming back for more, that's fine. Tempt with a LE Codex, fine. But don't release a new codex and supplements at the same time. Wait till GW starts to charge us for Errata.
It is complete, supplements are supplemental. Don't want an Iyanden list, don't buy it. Want an Iyanden list, buy it. Unless the main codex comes in under 96 pages you have nothing to complain about here.

Edit: In fact the new codex is 104 pages, the largest it has been EVER. 8.33% larger to be precise. So anyone whining about getting a damned supplement on top of that is just being petulant.

Badtucker
05-20-2013, 08:17 AM
i notice the wraithknight = walker in description. its not a monstrous creature.

Learn2Eel
05-20-2013, 08:23 AM
Yep. No monstrous creature is a big downer for me. I'll wait and see the rules though; judging from its size, it may be that the rules it has set the example for the proper Eldar Titans to follow. I expect nothing less than AV14 on at least the front and side.

Andersp90
05-20-2013, 08:27 AM
i notice the wraithknight = walker in description

Where does it say its a walker?

Defenestratus
05-20-2013, 08:28 AM
Me too. If it happens, though, it won't lessen my appreciation of the new kits that we are getting. Just have to hope for a Biel-Tan supplement in a few months with some plastic Warp Spiders and such (there is speculation to this effect on Warseer, not getting my hopes up.:rolleyes:

Yeah don't get me wrong - I'm not unappreciative. I want to clarify for the "Eldar players are never pleased" crowd - the feeling I have regarding those alleged releases isn't disappointment, its bewilderment.

deaddice
05-20-2013, 08:29 AM
Hmm armour 14 seems odd to me as I cant think of any Eldar vehicles that have 14 armour, I could be wrong . Still i be that shield on its arm would make it hard to kill.

Also makes sense for it to be a walker, makes it compete less with wraith lords for army balance purposes.

Defenestratus
05-20-2013, 08:35 AM
Hmm armour 14 seems odd to me as I cant think of any Eldar vehicles that have 14 armour, I could be wrong . Still i be that shield on its arm would make it hard to kill.

Also makes sense for it to be a walker, makes it compete less with wraith lords for army balance purposes.

I wouldn't expect AV14.

The phantom is AV13 and that dinky little Firegale ain't no phantom.

bfmusashi
05-20-2013, 08:35 AM

Space Wolves

eldargal
05-20-2013, 08:36 AM
The 6th edition eldar codex will be 21.15% larger than the 4th edition codex and 8.33% larger than the 2nd edition codex, making it the largest yet. So anyone whining about getting a supplement on top of that can go <REDACTED by order of the Council of Seers. Autarch Eldargal will report to the Dome of the Cranky Ho for anger management classes at her earliest convenience>.

Defenestratus
05-20-2013, 08:40 AM
Also -

You know how happy I am right now that I've got 50 dire avengers sitting in my collection right now? :P

I just hope that the reduction in box size doesn't indicate that they are changing squad sizes/FOC rules-wise.

Jacob29
05-20-2013, 08:40 AM
It was going to be 104 anyway, all previous 6th editions have been the exact same size I believe.

DrLove42
05-20-2013, 08:43 AM
Just cos it says "walker" in the sales blurb doesn't mean its rules are "walker".

How else would you describe it?

I hope its a MC statline. Although if its NOT a MC, that might mean the Wraithlord hasn't been toned down to accomadate a greater level.....

Besides, think of all the other big walkers with pilots we've got....

Wraithlord - MC
Riptide - MC
Dreadknight - MC

And think of it in rules terms - the things 9" tall. There no cover in the game that could help that. An for the flagship "awesom" model for the codex it needs to be super awersome rules and survivable. A Walker that can die to one Lascannon ain't that cool

eldargal
05-20-2013, 08:44 AM
Also -

You know how happy I am right now that I've got 50 dire avengers sitting in my collection right now? :P

I just hope that the reduction in box size doesn't indicate that they are changing squad sizes/FOC rules-wise.
I'm hoping it is a five man box in addition to the ten man box, like the SM tactical squad box. Not holding my breath.

Only 50?:p

It was going to be 104 anyway, all previous 6th editions have been the exact same size I believe.
Not the point. The point is it is a huge increase in content over what we have in the current book, which is exciting and fantastic and makes the whining about the supplemental supplement even more stupid.

Defenestratus
05-20-2013, 08:52 AM
Only 50?

Those were just the ones I could piece together from my bitz bin.

I think I have more sprues of them but honestly, I just played an apoc game this past weekend with 70 dire avengers (mine and my buddy's) and having more just provides more food for imperator titans.

No need for more than 50.

Tyrendian
05-20-2013, 08:53 AM
as a side note, I kinda love how this thread has hijacked the entire "business" of the regular rumor thread :D

Carresuith
05-20-2013, 08:59 AM
All right. I realize that there has already been speculation on this front, but I've been staring at the list pretty much since the moment pizzaguardian posted it on Dakka.

The release (if indeed it is the entire release) includes the following:

Wraithknight (New Model)
Wraithfighter (New Model)
Wraithguard (New Sculpts)
Wraithblades (New Model)
Spiritseer (New Model)

As well as ...

The so-far reviled Iyanden Supplement.

The only "new" sculpts we're getting that are not clearly defined as being "Wraith-themed" are the alternate flyer build (the Crimson Hunter), the plastic Farseer clamshell that we knew was coming, and Illic Nightspear, who as far as I can discern was mentioned in the fluff of the Necron Codex.

The Crimson Hunter is our obligatory "plastic flyer patch" that every army is getting. The plastic farseer is a nod to our most signature HQ, and the cover of our codex.

Does anyone know anything else about Illic Nightspear? Does he have any association what-so-ever with Iyanden? I don't necessarily believe that he would have to in order for the theory to hold validity, but it would be interesting to know.

So. Bringing this all home, the theory has been put forward that we are going to see wave releases. This release includes the Iyanden supplement, and practically the entire release is indeed Iyanden-themed.

Looking back at "credible" rumors in the past, we are missing the following models:

(This is not an exhaustive list)

The "Xentarchs."
Plastic Warp Spiders / "Everguard"
Resin Avatar
Resin Female Autarch (The "Black Warden")

... all of which could very easily fit into a Biel-tan themed supplement wave / release.

Plastic Jetbikes
Plastic Shining Spears
Shining Spear Phoenix Lord
New Transport?

... all of which could fit into a Saim-Hann themed supplement wave / release. It's worth noting that the alleged name of the Shining Spear "Phoenix Lord" bore a suspicious likeness to Nuadhu Fireheart, and was alleged to ride a Vyper.

So is it possible we will see the rest of our expectations in future Saim-Hann and Biel-tan supplement waves?

Will we see anything new in conjunction with the "alleged" upcoming Apocalypse release?

Additional speculation and any extra information on Illic Nightspear would be greatly encouraged.

deaddice
05-20-2013, 08:59 AM
I don't mind there being a supplement, since its been years since the last codex it feels like we getting two at once.

Jacob29
05-20-2013, 09:01 AM
Illic Nightspear is a ranger special character mentioned in the Necron Codex.

Carresuith
05-20-2013, 09:03 AM
Illic Nightspear is a ranger special character mentioned in the Necron Codex.

I don't have it handy, and I can't recall specific details. Is there any mention of -anything- that would associate him with Iyanden?

bluepowerade
05-20-2013, 09:03 AM
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=9300002

Jacob29
05-20-2013, 09:10 AM
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=9300002

"From Dan Harden at 16:05 BST"

But it's only 16:02??

HERESY.

I don't have it handy, and I can't recall specific details. Is there any mention of -anything- that would associate him with Iyanden?

None that I can see. It's rather vague, just says that Obyron wounds him while trying to escape a tomb world. Then he helps out Farseer Starbane from Alaitoc.

Badtucker
05-20-2013, 09:15 AM
Where does it say its a walker?

Warhammer 40000: Eldar WraithknightThis box contains a multipart plastic kit that makes one Eldar Wraithknight, this completely new Walker stands a massive 9 inches tall and can be constructed with a variety of armaments to fulfill a range of battlefield roles.

eldargal
05-20-2013, 09:16 AM
Ranges are all about ranging hither and thither, so he could well be helping Alaitoc buy hailing from Iyanden. Or he may be from Alaitoc. Or Biel-Tan.

I enjoyed that teaser, one of their better ones if not their best which I realise isn't saying much. But I thought this was one actually good. I'm excited.

Defenestratus
05-20-2013, 09:23 AM
Ranges are all about ranging hither and thither, so he could well be helping Alaitoc buy hailing from Iyanden. Or he may be from Alaitoc. Or Biel-Tan.

I enjoyed that teaser, one of their better ones if not their best which I realise isn't saying much. But I thought this was one actually good. I'm excited.

I respectfully disagree.

The Tau one was excellent. This one was horrible - including really, really bad use of static typeface and cheese animations overtop of images.

Jacob29
05-20-2013, 09:26 AM
I respectfully disagree.

The Tau one was excellent. This one was horrible - including really, really bad use of static typeface and cheese animations overtop of images.

Each to his own I guess. I loved the ending, and the typeface and animations didn't really bother me.

I probably would have preferred what they did in the Tau teaser, where they used real models as opposed to art. But both seemed to work well.

Carresuith
05-20-2013, 09:30 AM
I suppose it would make sense for Illic to have some association with Alaitoc, although the lack of any concrete affiliation / origin certainly does not rule out the possibility that he may have connections with Iyanden.

I'm increasingly intrigued by all of this the more I look at it. I really believe we are receiving our Codex along with the Iyanden wave, and that a Saim-Hann / Biel-tan wave are increasingly likely. if there were supplement-driven waves for both of those craftworlds, it would rather nicely patch all the holes I can think of in our current range of models.

Andersp90
05-20-2013, 09:38 AM

We dont know if that info is true (and I doubt it).

calamitycal
05-20-2013, 10:01 AM
Agreed, the beauty of the models is the reason I started Eldar over the other armies. I knew nothing about the army (and barely anything about warhammer 40k at all) but when I saw stuff like the Swooping Hawks, I was sold. Most of the 2e sculpts still hold up. The only major model that I'd like to see a new version of is the Avatar, mostly because he's too small. I know FW makes one, but I'd like to see a brand new sculpt. Warlocks could probably use a freshening up too.

The rest of the models imo hold up just fine. I still have a mostly metal, 2ed army and I have don't have any desire to "upgrade" my old models. They look great.

It's a testament to how beautiful and well designed the original eldar sculpts were really.

eldargal
05-20-2013, 10:08 AM
Someone just posted this on the BoLS blog:

The Iyanden book will also, be a physical book, and have a LE version.
Unverified obviously, but hopefully true.

Anyone know exactly what time pre-orders go up? Midnight GMT?

BigGrim
05-20-2013, 10:08 AM

Ragnar Blackmane, Ulrik the Slayer and Njal Stormcaller in power Armour are all Rogue Trader era models. The oldest in the game.

Jacob29
05-20-2013, 10:09 AM
Agreed, the beauty of the models is the reason I started Eldar over the other armies. I knew nothing about the army (and barely anything about warhammer 40k at all) but when I saw stuff like the Swooping Hawks, I was sold. Most of the 2e sculpts still hold up. The only major model that I'd like to see a new version of is the Avatar, mostly because he's too small. I know FW makes one, but I'd like to see a brand new sculpt. Warlocks could probably use a freshening up too.

The rest of the models imo hold up just fine. I still have a mostly metal, 2ed army and I have don't have any desire to "upgrade" my old models. They look great.

I kinda agree.

I don't have a problem with the Eldar models I mostly have a problem with their packaging.

£8 for a lone jetbike? cmon...
£10 for a conversion kit? wat
Finecast aspect warriors are awful.
Warp Spiders box leads to having two exarch's, don't even have a model for spinneret rifle.
Harlequins box is outrageous.
War Walkers can have two of same gun but they only give you one gun.
Other Aspect's with exarch's that can't be switched.

Dire Avengers are actually a very nice box.

10 Avengers and 1 of them CAN BE an Exarch? Brilliant! Wish they would do that with everything that come's in fewer numbers than max squad size.

calamitycal
05-20-2013, 10:27 AM
I agree totally. The warp spider box (and those like it) are horrible in that regard. I'm lucky in that I have pretty much all of the aspects I need for now, but yea if I was buying and wanted a squad of 10 warp spiders I'd be upset with that packaging. Granted I could probably find one in trade to complete the 10 man squad, but I shouldn't have to.

I kinda agree.

I don't have a problem with the Eldar models I mostly have a problem with their packaging.

£8 for a lone jetbike? cmon...
£10 for a conversion kit? wat
Finecast aspect warriors are awful.
Warp Spiders box leads to having two exarch's, don't even have a model for spinneret rifle.
War Walkers can have two of same gun but they only give you one gun.
Other Aspect's with exarch's that can't be switched.

Dire Avengers are actually a very nice box.

10 Avengers and 1 of them CAN BE an Exarch? Brilliant! Wish they would do that with everything that come's in fewer numbers than max squad size.

Gotthammer
05-20-2013, 10:38 AM
I'm excited.

http://images.wikia.com/brutallegend/images/8/8c/You_Don't_Say.jpg

:D

Tyrendian
05-20-2013, 10:39 AM

if I may ask, what is so outrageous about it (apart from the obvious and inherent outrageous outrageousness of harlies themselves ofc)? I have not yet gotten one myself...

doogansquest
05-20-2013, 10:41 AM
I'm hoping it's just an angle thing, but the chest looks too bulky and the head too tiny. Even with that, still pretty impressive. I also love the fact that it's piloted, and basically a knight titan even they don't use that exact title.

The scan is at a 3/4 angle, so yes, it's much more proportionate in person.

OctaveDocteur
05-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Look at that flyer. I'm trying to think how nice 3 would look on a table

Jacob29
05-20-2013, 10:53 AM
if I may ask, what is so outrageous about it (apart from the obvious and inherent outrageous outrageousness of harlies themselves ofc)? I have not yet gotten one myself...
This is copied from a discussion somewhere else I had.

Edit2: Sorry that info was WRONG, you get SIX harlies in a box. 2 with Kiss', 2 with Fusions, 1 with CCW + Pistol, 1 Master.

So if you wanted all kiss' that = 4 Boxes, and a shadowseer. Giving you 6 FPs, 3 Master's and 4 CCW harlies useless.

If you wanted all CCW that = 8 boxes, and a shadowseer. Giving you a LOT of models left over.

If you wanted the minimum for a legal squad = 2 boxes and a shadowseer. Leaving 3 models (2 FPs, 1 Master).

In all instances you are getting models you will never use.

It wasn't as bad as I first though but it is still a mess.

edit: don't forget you also can't even get Fusions + Kiss models. Nor Can you get troupe masters with kisses.

deinol
05-20-2013, 11:02 AM
This is copied from a discussion somewhere else I had.

LOL.

You know whats in the box? 2 Fusions, 2 kisses and a troupe master. So if you buy 2 boxes thats:

4 Fusions, 4 Kisses, 2 Masters.

What can you use?

The 2 fusions, 4 kisses and ONE Master. So thats only 7 out of 10.

If you want a full squad you have to buy, 3 boxes so you have:
6 fusion pistols, 6 kisses, 3 masters.

So you can get:
2 fusion pistols, 6 kisses + 1 troupe master = 9.

and then a shadowseer.

What do you have left over? 4 fusion models and 2 masters.

It's silly.

Well, add in a Deathjester and it isn't so bad.

I have 2x the old metal box, plus miscellaneous other metals from back in the day, so I never thought about it from a buying up from scratch perspective. A a it is, I've been tempted to buy the box to cut in half and mount on jet bikes (counts as Shinning Spears), but I haven't pulled the trigger wanting to know if new bikes were incoming. (I'll probably use Dark Eldar bikes instead.)

Jacob29
05-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Well, add in a Deathjester and it isn't so bad.

I have 2x the old metal box, plus miscellaneous other metals from back in the day, so I never thought about it from a buying up from scratch perspective. A a it is, I've been tempted to buy the box to cut in half and mount on jet bikes (counts as Shinning Spears), but I haven't pulled the trigger wanting to know if new bikes were incoming. (I'll probably use Dark Eldar bikes instead.)

Thing is though, if you search their website you can find that they used to sell harlie's individually as well as in a pack. Don't know why they removed this apart from more $$$.

But anyone in their right mind would only buy 1 box for the 2 fusions and kiss' and then get 4 more kisses from eBay. So GW loses out on profit. Doesn't make sense.

deinol
05-20-2013, 11:14 AM
Thing is though, if you search their website you can find that they used to sell harlie's individually as well as in a pack. Don't know why they removed this apart from more $$$.

But anyone in their right mind would only buy 1 box for the 2 fusions and kiss' and then get 4 more kisses from eBay. So GW loses out on profit. Doesn't make sense.

Does the whole squad need kisses? I usually only run 2 fusion and 2 kisses, maybe throwing in a few more if I have extra points. But I have plenty of shuriken pistol/chainsword or double shuriken pistol models.

But yes, they definitely need a plastic box with lots of weapons to customize with.

Jacob29
05-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Does the whole squad need kisses? I usually only run 2 fusion and 2 kisses, maybe throwing in a few more if I have extra points. But I have plenty of shuriken pistol/chainsword or double shuriken pistol models.

But yes, they definitely need a plastic box with lots of weapons to customize with.

Ugh. Sorry I really messed up my work, see my post again.

You don't NEED all kisses, but that is generally what most people do with harlies. Seeing how it lets them kill terminators with their butt-load of attacks, and the are a very cheap upgrade.

It's merely the point that you get a whole mess of models, and if you did want kisses you need 4 boxes.

and if you didn't want kisses you need 8 boxes.

Tyrendian
05-20-2013, 11:51 AM
Ugh. Sorry I really messed up my work, see my post again.

You don't NEED all kisses, but that is generally what most people do with harlies. Seeing how it lets them kill terminators with their butt-load of attacks, and the are a very cheap upgrade.

It's merely the point that you get a whole mess of models, and if you did want kisses you need 4 boxes.

and if you didn't want kisses you need 8 boxes.

or 2 boxes (for the models themselves) and a few bitz... not so bad as that... it's not like the storm guardian conversion pack didn't contain all the weapons you'd need...

calamitycal
05-20-2013, 12:10 PM
You guys are missing Jacob's point. The point is you shouldn't have to scrounge around for parts, buy things on ebay, or buy extra boxes and trade to field a unit in a fairly common setup like that. It's not like fielding harlys with kisses is rare!

He's right. The box sucks. They should (and already have with other boxes) do better.

or 2 boxes (for the models themselves) and a few bitz... not so bad as that... it's not like the storm guardian conversion pack didn't contain all the weapons you'd need...

Ghostwolf Alpha
05-20-2013, 12:35 PM
A cod piece to make david bowie proud.

HERO
05-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Yep. No monstrous creature is a big downer for me. I'll wait and see the rules though; judging from its size, it may be that the rules it has set the example for the proper Eldar Titans to follow. I expect nothing less than AV14 on at least the front and side.

I actually expect AV12 but with possible Titan Holofield rules :P

Tyrendian
05-20-2013, 01:20 PM
I actually expect AV12 but with possible Titan Holofield rules :P
yeah - more than 12 would be incredibly un-eldary... this (if true) might also solve how they plan to scale the Lord to the Knight - although I do hope the former will then also be a walker, else he could easily Smash (if he even needs that rule... depends on his Strength i guess) his supposedly bigger brother to wreckage, which would be incredibly weird...

SeekingOne
05-20-2013, 01:54 PM
yeah - more than 12 would be incredibly un-eldary...

If the news about Wraithknight being a walker is indeed true, it's really kind of discouraging. So far GW has been adamant in its belief that Eldar vehicles should have crap stats, and I strongly doubt it will change. WS3, BS3, AV12 and HP3 is most likely... as having any more than 3 HP undoubtedly would be considered "inappropriate" for Eldar as well, just as any AV above 12 :rolleyes: And a walker with such stats is not going to be survivable, unless it gets some insane special rules - which GW was reluctant to give lately.

deinol
05-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Well, with the Revenant Titan being BS 4 AV 12 R10, and the Phantom being BS 4 AV 13 R11, it wouldn't surprise me if the Fire Gale is BS 4 AV 12 R10. Hopefully it will also have a holo-field that gives Shroud at least.

JMichael
05-20-2013, 02:33 PM
If the news about Wraithknight being a walker is indeed true, it's really kind of discouraging. So far GW has been adamant in its belief that Eldar vehicles should have crap stats, and I strongly doubt it will change. WS3, BS3, AV12 and HP3 is most likely... as having any more than 3 HP undoubtedly would be considered "inappropriate" for Eldar as well, just as any AV above 12 :rolleyes: And a walker with such stats is not going to be survivable, unless it gets some insane special rules - which GW was reluctant to give lately.

I would also prefer a MC, but that thing on it's left arm seems to clearly be a shield generator of sorts (like the Autarch and DA Exarch).
So would a Walker with AV12 and a 5++ be viable? What if there is a Fortune style Farseer power that allows reroll of saves? Could get real nasty!
As long as it makes my opponents cry I'm happy!

Jacob29
05-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Someone believes that Eldar can run AND shoot

I've heard from a very good source that Eldar units will be able to run and shoot or shoot and run.

Going to be massive!

Source: The Dark City (http://www.thedarkcity.net/t5800p79-eldar-rumours#71235)

colinsherlow
05-20-2013, 03:08 PM
Doesn't the description for the wraithlord, riptide and dreadknight say that they are walkers of some sort? They are all MC's

DarkLink
05-20-2013, 03:27 PM
From Dakka

Mohoc wrote: (http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/preList/463557/5639802.page)
Here is the list that saw today (all prices USD)

Here are the Eldar releasing on June 1st

Eldar Codex - $49.50
Eldar LE Codex - $100
WH40K PSYCHIC POWERS: ELDAR ENG - $7.50
Farseer - $20
Wraithknight - $115
Wraithguard - $50
Hemlock Wraithfighter - $65
Dire Avengers (5 pack) - $35
Battleforce - $115
Windrider Jetbike Squadron - $40
Spiritseer - $19.25
Illic Nightspear - $19.25
IYANDEN: A CODEX ELDAR SUPPLEMENT - $49.50
IYANDEN CODEX SUPPLEMENT SPECIAL EDITION - $85

...I'm gonna go play warmachine now.

Montserrat
05-20-2013, 03:40 PM
From Dakka

Eldar are suposed to be FAST, not RICH. I was about buy the codex (i have all eldar codex from 2nd edition, and almost all miniatures) but ....i think i will download and print an affordable version... thats a robery, no matter how good its the codex.

And, 5 DA 35$, GW you are srsly kidding **** off.

Lexington
05-20-2013, 03:42 PM
For real, yo. Really didn't want to believe the Dire Avenger thing, but it looks more and more like reality. Yipes. My plans for an Eldar allied contingent just crashed and burned. :(

Deadlift
05-20-2013, 04:06 PM
I have to admit, I'm a little shocked that the supplements the same price as the codex, but having not seen its contents it could be equal to the main codex in content. Still think its a bit steep though.

Andersp90
05-20-2013, 04:11 PM
Eldar Codex - $49.50
Eldar LE Codex - $100
Farseer - $20
Wraithknight - $115
Wraithguard - $50
Battleforce - $115
Spiritseer - $19.25

Well, a wraithguard pack is currently 59$, so a drop to 50 isn't bad imho. :)

Defenestratus
05-20-2013, 04:14 PM
I have to admit that I was the first to defend GW's pricing in the past.

This however is simply indefensible.

A "supplement" that is the same price as the codex itself?

A 5 man box that costs the same as a 10 man box?

Are they literally out of their minds?

I dropped $700 on a phantom like it was paying a parking meter, but there's no way in hell I'm paying $115 for a Wraithknight.

Eldar_Atog
05-20-2013, 04:15 PM
From Dakka

June 1? The photo from the White Dwarf says the suppliment was supposed to be released on June 8.

Bitrider
05-20-2013, 04:17 PM

I dropped $700 on a phantom like it was paying a parking meter, but there's no way in hell I'm paying $115 for a Wraithknight.

yeah...I was really excited for the Knight. I will get the codex, but the Wraithknight will have to be really good. /Sad Panda

Defenestratus
05-20-2013, 04:20 PM
yeah...I was really excited for the Knight. I will get the codex, but the Wraithknight will have to be really good. /Sad Panda

Fear not - the black market will, as it inevitably does, provide goods and services at a price that people are willing to pay.

What I'm trying to say is that within 2 weeks of release, the re-casters will be dining on kobe beef and caviar because they'll have sold so much of their stock that they can retire.

GW is only making it worse.

Merlin
05-20-2013, 04:26 PM

I got the very same impression the second time I saw it but I got one additional point: this stupid underarm shield gen. Ok it's a feature re-used from infanterie however it's just silly on a walker unless it's a kind of physical shield like the tau got it.
For me it looks like somone took the riptide, gave that design to some new designer telling him to make an Eldar version out of it. The config is the very same, one big gun in the right hand/arm, shield on the other one and shoulder mounted guns. However the guns just on one side like for the broadside would for me be closer to the asymmetrical Eldar style...

I expected something more in line with the standard walker features, putting one big gun to every arm and the shield generator on the bag. Maybe some torso weaponary or a vertical launching rocket launcher on the bag a high little tech special

Andersp90
05-20-2013, 04:30 PM

The wraithknight is rumored to be 9" tall. Big model - big price tag.

That is just pointless crying IMO. :)

I got the very same impression the second time I saw it but I got one additional point: this stupid underarm shield gen. Ok it's a feature re-used from infanterie however it's just silly on a walker unless it's a kind of physical shield like the tau got it.

It makes sense on the WK since the FW wraithseer has one too. :)

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/wraithseer5.jpg

Paulo187
05-20-2013, 04:34 PM
$115 American Dollars for the WraithKnight? That's the same as the Battleforce! I think that one of my testicles just retracted into my body when I saw that price! I'm all achy now... :( It hurts me. It hurts.

bfmusashi
05-20-2013, 04:45 PM
At $115 I expect an internal skeleton or at least articulation.

Deadlift
05-20-2013, 04:46 PM

It's very rare I find myself in agreement with you Def, but this time in regards to these prices I do. The codex and the supplement will be more together than most IA books from FW.

Tyrendian
05-20-2013, 04:46 PM
Here are the Eldar releasing on June 1st

Eldar Codex - $49.50
Eldar LE Codex - $100
Farseer - $20
Wraithknight - $115
Wraithguard - $50
Battleforce - $115
Spiritseer - $19.25

well, the (likely) mistake with having the supplement in a list of thing released on day 1 puts this list into question... Also, it kinda looks like someone just jumped at all the points we were wondering/worrying (Wraithknight being as tall as a Stompa - lets make it the price of one! DA repack - half models for same price. And then the supplement being the same price as the 'dex itself...) and came up with our collective nightmares... And by Khaine I do hope that it doesn't prove true - that pricing is just... painful... that is reaching Forge World levels... oh dear... at least the Wraithknight... that's the price for an effin' Super Heavy! and it's got less than a quarter of their mass!

Andersp90
05-20-2013, 04:47 PM
$115 American Dollars for the WraithKnight? That's the same as the Battleforce! I think that one of my testicles just retracted into my body when I saw that price! I'm all achy now... :( It hurts me. It hurts.

The Revenant titan is 12" tall and costs 290$.

The Wraithknight is 9" tall and will cost 115$.

Stop crying! :p