PDA

View Full Version : Mark of Tzeentch and Skyshield Landing Pad

Tepogue
05-18-2013, 02:31 PM
With Tau on the scene and ignoring cover saves, I am taking a second look at the landing pad.

Does anyone see a problem with Thousand Sons or Chaos Terminators with the mark of Tzeentch on a landing pad in the up position claiming a 3++ save? essentially the 4++ from the pad getting a +1 from the Mark of Tzeentch.

I'm thinking of a Huron lead army with either a squad of Thousand Sons or Tzeentch Terminators infiltrating onto the landing pad.

Nabterayl
05-18-2013, 03:09 PM
No, that sounds quite correct to me.

Tynskel
05-18-2013, 03:51 PM
Good Catch. Dakka Dakka Dakka!

Houghten
05-18-2013, 04:29 PM
If it works for Arcane Fulcrums...

Caitsidhe
05-20-2013, 06:19 AM
I agree that it currently works in the RAW. I sincerely hope they fix it quickly. Can you imagine Terminators with Stormshields starting up there with 2+/2+? The Skyshield, as I've commented before, makes the world's best giant assault vehicle. Any Imperial force with the access to grant Infiltrate to Infantry somehow (particularly in a reliable way) could put the thing at the midway and start a Deathstar on it. With the broken aspect of Stormshields affecting both shooting and melee, the last thing I want to see is the Skyshield add that bonus in the long run. *I noticed this interaction a while back and thought I would hold my tongue about it because I didn't want any getting the idea. Now, unfortunately, iti s out of the bag.

Magpie
05-20-2013, 07:17 AM
Can't see it being changed any time soon, The mark gives +1 to your invul, you can't start "disqualifying" certain situations that don't allow it ?

How are Termies going to get a 2+ Invul ?

Caitsidhe
05-20-2013, 07:27 AM
Can't see it being changed any time soon, it gives +1 to your invul, you can't start "disqualifying" particular units from getting the buff, there are quite a few who'd get a 2+ invul.

I'm not suggesting they disqualify any single unit. I'm suggesting they need to Faq it to say that it doesn't work with the existing Marks or Wargear. It is what it is and people can use their own save or the Skyshield's... whichever is better.

Demonus
05-20-2013, 08:24 AM
Yeah I cant see how someone could get a 2++ on a Skyshield. Which unit are you thinking of?

Caitsidhe
05-20-2013, 08:55 AM
Yeah I cant see how someone could get a 2++ on a Skyshield. Which unit are you thinking of?

I'm' thinking of Terminators w/Storm Shields. But I realize that I may be remembering the wording wrong. Storm Shields give a flat Invulnerable save or a bonus to the Invulnerable save of the Terminator Armor? Hrm. I'm at work and can't check. I hope it is a flat save, then it wouldn't stack.

Nabterayl
05-20-2013, 09:13 AM
It's a flat save.

Caitsidhe
05-20-2013, 09:18 AM
It's a flat save.

Awesome, and quite a relief. I had this horrible image of GK Deathstars bubblewrapping Psicannons with StormShields on the Skyshields if it had worked otherwise. :D

bfmusashi
05-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Awesome, and quite a relief. I had this horrible image of GK Deathstars bubblewrapping Psicannons with StormShields on the Skyshields if it had worked otherwise. :D

Using marine allies? Seems like a pain really.

DarkLink
05-20-2013, 02:03 PM

Grey Knights can't get Storm Shields.

Caitsidhe
05-20-2013, 02:30 PM

They can't but allies can. :) But since it is a flat save and not a bonus (like a Mark) I'm relieved it isn't an issue.

Magpie
05-20-2013, 02:31 PM

We have 1 , Draigo ......

I'm' thinking of Terminators w/Storm Shields. But I realize that I may be remembering the wording wrong. Storm Shields give a flat Invulnerable save or a bonus to the Invulnerable save of the Terminator Armor? Hrm. I'm at work and can't check. I hope it is a flat save, then it wouldn't stack.

There's nothing to stack with anyway, the Landing Pad is a flat Invul in itself so doesn't enhance anyones invul, it just grants a 4+.

All the Grey Knight stuff wouldn't work even if it did because the GK swords and Warding staff etc only work in CC and the Skyshield Invul, if it was a buff not a flat save, only works against shooting.

Rennegade
05-31-2013, 08:26 PM
Its not possible for chaos terminators to get storm shields anyway. Its not an option in their wargear. If they did it would be giving them a 2++ in the open field with Mark of Tzeentch.