PDA

View Full Version : How To outfit Chimera's in 6th edition?

Vostroyangen9072
05-18-2013, 01:35 PM
Hi everyone, this question has been in the back of my head for a while because i'm still in the process of collecting my 1st 40k army(1850pts) which Ig, but i was going to have all my 4 chimeras cost 80pts(P.M.H.S + E.A)each but i'm can't decide between hull mounted Heavy Flamers or Heavy Bolters or the last 2 chimeras, i currently have 2 with Hull Heavy Flamers but my overall theme list is Semi-Mechanized Vets.

Nabterayl
05-18-2013, 03:35 PM
I think this would be easier to answer if we had a better idea of what's already fixed in your list. I don't think that "6th edition" means anything specific for Chimera outfitting, independent of the rest of your army.

Tepogue
05-18-2013, 03:48 PM
I would just buy magnets, which should be easy to mount both on the guns and inside the hull. That way you can swap weapons later.

Though honestly, I'd go with Heavy bolters now, since you can move and snap fire them, but cannot move and snap fire template weapons.

Drunkencorgimaster
05-18-2013, 09:17 PM
Hi everyone, this question has been in the back of my head for a while because i'm still in the process of collecting my 1st 40k army(1850pts) which Ig, but i was going to have all my 4 chimeras cost 80pts(P.M.H.S + E.A)each but i'm can't decide between hull mounted Heavy Flamers or Heavy Bolters or the last 2 chimeras, i currently have 2 with Hull Heavy Flamers but my overall theme list is Semi-Mechanized Vets.

I run a mechanized list but I'm not sure what you are asking. PMHS? EA? "Overall Semi?"

Shadoq
05-19-2013, 02:40 AM
In 5th I built all 10 of my Chimeras with ML, hull HF, and pintle HS because of the defensive weapons rules...Now that they got nerfed, I use my hull HFs as heavy Bolters and ignore the HSs. Either move 6 and fire ML and snap fire heavy bolters or sit still and go Dakka, Dakka, Dakka with everything. To me at least, the opportunities to use hull HFs has been greatly diminished in 6th.

Warcaster
05-19-2013, 12:22 PM
Yeah I would go with ML & HB for all the same reasons above, it just works best with 6th Ed rules

rusty84
05-19-2013, 12:29 PM
Snap, i've just fitted my Inquisition Chimera with ML & HB as I thought it was just the best all round combination, added a pintle mounted storm bolter aswell!

Vostroyangen9072
05-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the info, I meant Semi-Mechanized as it 3 Ig Grenadier Vets squads(2 have Heavy weapons teams,1 Lc & 1 AC) CCS, Hydra, Manticore(hull HF),Devildog(hull Hf) ,Leman Russ battle tank,Leman Russ demolisher is my list in a sentence. my plan was to use 2 squad of vets to protect the LRBT,Hydra,Manticore Firebase while the CCS,LRDT and Flamer squad of Grenadier vets and devildog could be mobile threats to my opponent. I wrote my list at the height of 5th edition, the pintle mount heavy stubber and extra armor was what i was going to equip all my armies chimera's with. But i love Ig Tanks given i'm still a white-Shield.

Black Katalyst
05-22-2013, 10:34 AM
ML because multible shot, high strength weapons are awesome and a HF for auto hitting fun.