PDA

View Full Version : Dark Angels 1750

Caldria
05-17-2013, 01:24 AM
Hey there, my friend and I are looking to get the dark vengeance box soon - and he decided on chaos, and myself on dark angels. I love their fluff and models so that's great. Though I've been having a fair bit of trouble trying to make a list with models I like as well as models that are good. Also, it seems like there's a lot of awesome synergy within the codex, but really hard to make a list with all this synergy - too many different combos. I always feel lacking with something.

My friend and I worked on his chaos list first, and it feels so much more... meaty and well rounded. with great synergy throughout. Anyway, I've changed this about 5 or 6 times, and even now its still very WIP. So I figured I'd post it here to see what you guys thought or if I could get some assistance ^^

I originally wanted some banner, but the deathwing command squad is just too expensive. The normal command squad is to easy to get rid of, so would require something like a landraider crusader (which is then once again, too expensive). Currently the only sort of synergy I seem to have is between the 2 knight units. The ravenwing knights can use the grenade launchers to debuff the unit that the deathwing knights assault (they also are another source of safe deepstriking for the other terminators)

I'm not a huge fan of bike models, but I do think the ravenwing knights look gorgeous. And seem great on the board, as they can hurt with their shooting, are not too bad in assault against non-CC oriented units and their grenades just seem to create a great synergy between the knights. Or any unit that is about to head into assault. So I'd like to try to keep them.

Deathwing knights, for some of the reasons listed above with the ravenwing, I'd like to try keep them. Belial will deesptrike with them (I realise it's better to stick them in a landraider as it will avoid giving the enemy a free turn of shooting at them due to them not deepstriking, but again, Land Raider seems too expensive)

I like the rifelman dreadnought since it gives some anti-light armour (though I have assault cannons and plasma for that) but more importantly it gives me something somewhat reliable to take down fliers that is not too easy to get rid of. And it gives me a little something in my backline, to hold it and help support my front.

Also, I dont mind getting rid of one of the deathwing termie units to get in more bodies of cheaper troops (though then I start to question whether Belial is a waste or not)
And, I would like a Landraider in there, but I've resigned to the fact that it's just not gonna happen with his points cost, while still wanted a averagely decent number of models on the board.

The rest of the list.. well I guess it needs changes. Sorry for the long-winded explanation, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

HQ:

Belial - Sword of Silence/Storm Bolter - 190
Librarian - Mastery Level 2, Conversion Field, Auspex - 120

TROOPS:

10 Tactical Marines - Veteran Sergeant(Bolter), Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon - 180
5 Deathwing Terminators - Assault Cannon - 240
5 Deathwing Terminators - Assault Cannon - 240

ELITES:

5 Deathwing Knights - 235
Venerable Dreadnought - 2x Twin-Linked Autocannons - 145

FAST ATTACK:

6 Ravenwing Black Knights - Huntmaster(Corvus Hammer), 2x Grenade Launchers - 252

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Vindicator - Siege Shield, Extra Storm Bolter - 140