PDA

View Full Version : Epidemius, being a monstorous calvary model

Delfin07
05-13-2013, 03:26 PM
So recently started playing deamons again, and want to know if this is true:
Being that Epidemius is a monsterous calvary model, and can be placed in units, my understanding is that he can not take look out sirs, and can also be targeted by shooting and magic as if he wasn't in a unit? Is this true? Can he truely be targeted by shooting and magic even in a unit?
My worry is that he will just be the first target of anyones shooting or magic and die.
Is there a way around this other than hiding him?

Solution9
05-13-2013, 06:22 PM
Yes and no. It depends upon what kind of unit you put hime in. P.99 states "...in a unit of 5 rank-and-file models and of the and he is of the same troop type as the unit...." If in a monstrous cav unit then yes. A unit on foot no.

Metacarpi
11-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Yes and no. It depends upon what kind of unit you put hime in. P.99 states "...in a unit of 5 rank-and-file models and of the and he is of the same troop type as the unit...." If in a monstrous cav unit then yes. A unit on foot no.

However, I think the only Nurgle Monstrous Cav is flying, so he can't join those either.

Best bet is just to bung him behind some scenery out of the way. I find that my opponents tend to forget about him because they can't see him! Also, he's reasonably tasty compared to most Chaff hunters, so don't be afraid of slinging him at enemy chaff units if they get a bit close for comfort. Decent ward save, decent T, and 6 attacks from the Palanquin. Yummy!