PDA

View Full Version : 1000 pt Flesh Tearer's

Brakkart
05-11-2013, 01:03 AM
Or to be more accurate: Counts As Flesh Tearer's, as I intend to make this a force of Angry Marines. I figure the Blood Angels (and their successors) are about as close a match to the Angry Marines that I can get in a legal codex, especially the Flesh Tearer's. I do not however as yet own a copy of the BA Codex so I could use some help with this. I know roughly what I want to be in this force (mostly to match the Angry Marine fluff) and I want it to be able to be fun to play with and also useable as an allied contingent for my Imperial Fists should I play a game big enough to warrant including it.

HQ

Gabriel Seth

Troops

10 Death Company (at least 1 with a chainsword/powerfist combo as that is what the test marine I've painted up has)

Furioso Dreadnought (with Magna Grapple and twin Blood Talons/Claw arms)

Fast Attack

Baal Predator (Unsure whether to go for all fire or all dakka on this)

If anyone who is any good at building BA lists could take a crack at this and come up with a fun 1000pt list (and some pointers on how to use it) around those units (feel free to add others in, or move them around to another FOC slot if need be) then I'd be very grateful.

Prins of death
05-13-2013, 03:33 AM
Furioso Dreadnoughts are Elite choises for the BA. You can how ever field a dreadnought with similiar wargear, the Death Company Dreadnought wich would be a Troop choice (this for the you need 2 troops) The Death company dread has less front armour, lower WS but more attacks. The only requirement for a Death Company Dreadnought is having 5 Death Company marines for every Death Company Dreadnought.

The downside of this list are the Death Company...as they aint scoring units same for their dreadnought ofc since it's a vehicle. So if you want something that can claim an objective go for Tactical marines.

I would go for the Dakka Baal. This because with the current rules of fast vehicles you can always shoot. Even if it's just snap fire. Going at Cruising speed means you can only fire 2 of the flamer based weapons, While with dakka you can fire the Assault cannon and 1 heavy bolter at BS4 and the other on BS1. But lately i don't use the Baals anymore. But that is mainly because i'm mostly fighting Armoured Battle Group. Baal's aint that good VS highly armoured vehicles. But can be effective VS lightly armoured vehicles and infantry.

Wolfshade
05-13-2013, 03:46 AM
I would go for the DC dread, and would try and squeeze a chaplain in to the lead the DC as the re-roll on to-hit and to-wound is invaluable :)

I have had more sucess with a Dakka pred, than the flame pred, you just have to get too close with the flamer IMO, if you fail to wipe it out then you are getting assaulted and only weak rear armour.

Realistically for this list you are looking to table your opposition, or at least take out it's scoring units.

Final point, Flesh Tearers don't need the appostrophe! Unless maybe you are showing something belong to them.

But DC are great fun, one of my favourite options involves the DC + Chaplain (or Reculisarch or Lemartes) holed up in a storm raven with an underslung DC dread, fly across drop and assault :) yay!

Brakkart
05-13-2013, 10:07 AM
Okay so got to have a read of my friends BA Codex and came up with this for a 1000 pt mini list which will mostly be used as Allies for my Imperial Fists, but could be played by themselves.

HQ

Gabriel Seth - 160pts

Elites

Chaplain - 100pts

Troops

10 Death Company (1 power fist, 4 power weapons) - 285pts

Death Company Dreadnought (with Magna Grapple and twin Blood Talons) - 140pts

Fast Attack

Baal Predator - 115pts

Heavy Support

Stormraven Gunship - 200pts

Total - 1000pts

Seth, Chaplain and the DC squad and Dread are in Stormraven which flies them in and drops them right in the thick of things. Depending on the enemy the Stormraven's weapons can be switched around as I'll magnetise it's top and chin turrets, would have to pay extra for the missiles though. Never been a fan of Hurricane Bolters so can do without those. For its cost the Baal can be either flame or dakka, I'll skip the sponsons. I'll likely usually use it as a Dakka pred though as I love Assault Cannons, wonderfully efficient weapons.

Granted this lot can't count for scoring on objectives, but they shouold be pretty efficient at clearing anyone else who wants to score from a particular objective off of it.

Realistically for this list you are looking to table your opposition, or at least take out it's scoring units.

Final point, Flesh Tearers don't need the appostrophe! Unless maybe you are showing something belong to them.

Wiping out the enemy wholesale seems to be very much the Angry Marines standard M.O. from reading up on them so that fits!

Ohh and shame, shame on me for missing that. I have a degree in proofreading and copy editing (not that I'm getting any use out of it at the moment). *goes and stands in the dunce corner for a bit*

Tynskel
05-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Ditch 1 power weapon to give the Stormraven a Locator Beacon. That is gold: land right where you want to when your squad jumps out.

Brakkart
05-15-2013, 04:55 PM
Nice idea, thanks for that!

Tynskel
05-15-2013, 05:22 PM
remember, though, the locator beacon has to be on the board at the beginning of the turn. No zooming on from the board edge, jumping out and benefiting from the beacon.

Prins of death
05-16-2013, 10:09 AM
with this flesh tearer list i would think a locator beacon isnt fitting. He has nothing in this list shown here that can use the locator beacon. But nice idea for when you gonna expend or perhaps your primary army? depending on the allies chart and such

Brakkart
05-16-2013, 10:12 AM
Duly noted. I actually bought a locator beacon from Bitzbox a while back and painted it up to use it as an objective counter, so will be nice to get some additional use out of it. I have a Landspeeder Storm and Scout squad with my Imperial Fists... Hmmm can allies make use of the main force's locator beacons if I were to put one on them and have them drop it off?

Prins of death
05-17-2013, 02:31 AM
Hmmm....Not sure. The rules/faq dont really say if it's possible or not. You are battle brothers on the allies chart. So counted as friendly units, in wich case i would say they can make use of the data provided by a locator beacon. Best thing you can do by things you aint sure about ask your opponent what he thinks bout it. Until you have a definite statisfying answer.

Bob821
05-17-2013, 03:40 PM
You know the trap you have fallen in to hear is one I often fall in too... You have made your assault unit to powerful! Seth, Chaplin and 10 death company with toys will
spank most units in a single turn. This leaves them stood out in the open probably on the wrong side of the battle field with 800 - 900 points of pissed of xenos scum all
around them and about to be shot to bits!

I have been running death company with out a chaplin for a while now. The are still mega now that rage has taken a buff in 6th. Have you thought about taking no
transports and just running accross the battle field? Take Seth or a Reculsiarch as your HQ and spend the rest of your points of 4 or 5 squads of death company each
with a single power fist and a couple of death company dreads! Very Angry marines!

As a note do not try this against any one mega shooty. My brother just got his new Tau Codex... Sigh.

Firecrest
05-17-2013, 03:47 PM
unless he takes astorath, he's limited to 1 death company.

Tynskel
05-17-2013, 04:11 PM
You know the trap you have fallen in to hear is one I often fall in too... You have made your assault unit to powerful! Seth, Chaplin and 10 death company with toys will
spank most units in a single turn. This leaves them stood out in the open probably on the wrong side of the battle field with 800 - 900 points of pissed of xenos scum all

I have been running death company with out a chaplin for a while now. The are still mega now that rage has taken a buff in 6th. Have you thought about taking no
transports and just running accross the battle field? Take Seth or a Reculsiarch as your HQ and spend the rest of your points of 4 or 5 squads of death company each
with a single power fist and a couple of death company dreads! Very Angry marines!

As a note do not try this against any one mega shooty. My brother just got his new Tau Codex... Sigh.

If you are not going to take a transport, you should take a Reclusiarch with Jump Pack, and Death Co with Jump Pack, so they can fly across the field!

Bob821
05-17-2013, 05:54 PM
unless he takes astorath, he's limited to 1 death company.

D'oh! Not sure what I carry round in my head some times but its sure not brains.

I would have said death company with jump packs but they are so expensive you don't get very many for you points.

Tynskel
05-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Well, any transport that is worth it would be the same as the jump packs. so, if you aren't taking jump packs, take a transport.

Brakkart
05-18-2013, 01:18 AM

To be fair those 800-900 pts of enemy troops will have a few concerns other than just my DC guys, Seth, chaplain and Dread... namely the Baal Pred, Stormraven and about 2k points of Imperial Fists as this will usually be being used as an allied contingent, not as an army by itelf.

Anggul
05-18-2013, 05:07 AM
You really don't need all those power weapons on the Death Company, they're going to beat pretty much anything in the game anyway.

Bob821
05-18-2013, 12:59 PM
To be fair those 800-900 pts of enemy troops will have a few concerns other than just my DC guys, Seth, chaplain and Dread... namely the Baal Pred, Stormraven and about 2k points of Imperial Fists as this will usually be being used as an allied contingent, not as an army by itelf.

I see... well that would be very nasty indeed. You did not say at the start that these where an allied force. I'd still becarful about running up the field with these guys to distant from the bulk of you main army.

If you where running these on there own you would be leaving you Baal pred on the board on its own for at least a turn possably two or even three! Before the Storm Raven turned up this would probably mean there is no Baal Pred left to support you assualt units.

Bob821
05-18-2013, 01:01 PM
You did not say at the start that these where an allied force.

Sorry yes you did.

Brakkart
05-18-2013, 03:42 PM
You really don't need all those power weapons on the Death Company, they're going to beat pretty much anything in the game anyway.

I might drop 2 of them and use the 30 points to give the Baal Pred some Heavy Bolter sponsons, not sure yet.