PDA

View Full Version : Knight Titans

Pendragon38
05-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Is it me or are knight titans making a come back. Gk:dread knight, crons: stalker, taus:riptide, and the eldar: may have one too.
Bols loungers what are you're thoughts on this.

Perry

bfmusashi
05-10-2013, 05:47 PM
I think they've all been too short so far, but I don't have an armorcast titan to put one next to.

Pendragon38
05-10-2013, 06:24 PM
They stand between 5-7ins tall. And you can take 3-5 of them as a house of knights, but that was 2nd Ed though things have changed a lot since then.

Perry

Mr Mystery
05-11-2013, 04:24 AM
Not really. Knights came in units of 3, rather than an individual.

Forgeworld will do them. Wait and see!

Tyrendian
05-11-2013, 04:28 AM
I do hope so! What we have until now (maybe with the exception of the Riptide - have yet to see one standing tall... friend is waaaay to lazy^^) is much too small for a Knight I think...

Denzark
05-11-2013, 06:22 AM
All of those are definitely smaller than Knight titan - less the as yet unseen Eldar.

Rissan4ever
05-11-2013, 06:26 AM
I thought the old knights looked silly, even when they were new. I don't care for the Dread Knight; it should have had a closed cockpit. But the Riptide and Stalker look fantastic. I'm wondering what we'll see from the new Eldar codex.

Grey Mage
05-11-2013, 06:28 AM
Comparing the Dreadknight to a warhound... it needs to be about an inch taller.

The Riptide is about the right size though.

Mr Mystery
05-11-2013, 06:44 AM
In terms of hitting power, Knights and Stompas were roughly analogous to Landraiders.

However, Stompas are considerably harder than that now. Doesn't necessarily follow that Knights would be similarly buffed of course, but worth considering.

Arkhan Land
05-11-2013, 06:39 PM
yeah riptide is good kit size for knight comparisson, I have a kit thats based off the bigdaddy kit made by someone else in spain and its about 8.5" tall. the only thing about the knight titan is that Forgeworld is going to have to approach that model carefully knight titans have been around DIY for some time now reinforced by the BOLS diy stat sheet, real rules for them would legitimize a whole generation of DIY and bigdaddy dupers.

MajorWesJanson
05-11-2013, 11:43 PM
In terms of hitting power, Knights and Stompas were roughly analogous to Landraiders.

However, Stompas are considerably harder than that now. Doesn't necessarily follow that Knights would be similarly buffed of course, but worth considering.

Stompas were basically bumped up from Land Raider/ Leman Russ equivalents to Baneblade/Scout Titan equivalents. Since the Imperium has Baneblades and Scout Titans already, I think Knights will stay about the same role.

There is a rumor that Knights will appear as part of the Apoc II release in July, with parts for loyal and Chaos versions. If true, I'de expect Baneblade price and a model that is 7-8" tall, with various weapon loadouts to build Paladins, Errants, and Lancers. Statwise, depending on how superheavy vehicles go in Apoc II, they could be say a 5-6 hull point fast walker with a powerfield (5++ save) and Tank level guns.

Andersp90
05-13-2013, 05:40 AM
Is it me or are knight titans making a come back. Gk:dread knight, crons: stalker, taus:riptide, and the eldar: may have one too.
Bols loungers what are you're thoughts on this.

Perry

Both the Dreadknight, Riptide and Trygon fits the "mini-titan-bill".

- the triarch stalker not so much (imho).

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/558688_511943362196377_681467205_n.jpg

MajorWesJanson
05-13-2013, 07:55 PM
Both the Dreadknight, Riptide and Trygon fits the "mini-titan-bill".

- the triarch stalker not so much (imho).

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/558688_511943362196377_681467205_n.jpg

Give the Riptide say another inch or two, slightly longer arms, the sword from the dreadknight, and you have an Imperial Knight.

Kitwise, a Knight would not be hard to do with say 2 Baneblade sized sprues. Main body structure the same, one close combat arm and one ranged arm- Fist, chainsword, and power lance, and battle cannon, melta cannon, and say a heavy lascannon of some sort. Then different plates for Imperial and Chaos versions, some head options, and good to go.

Arkhan Land
06-05-2013, 08:47 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/140984925726?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

i got two of these kits second hand unassembled for 120 some time ago, guess it was a steal. These guys are some of my favorite old gw/big-daddy styled resins. I have the Iron-Claw II which the kits seems better because it comes with way more weapons options, this ebay listing makes it seem like theres only the claw and big-bolter weapon choice

LordGrise
06-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Okay, so I'm going to confess my ignorance here: I know what the statline for a Riptide is (it's in the New Dex, and my model is ::moan:: STILL on backorder) but I have never heard of a Knight Titan before (started playing essentially in 5th) much less seen one. I've seen all kinds of pix of Apoc Titans, of course, but likewise I've never been in the same room as one. So what's the comparisons? My impression has always been that if a full-size Titan hits the table, the Tau immediately withdraw and call in the Air Caste to make sure of it from orbit, because nothing the Fire Caste has will even scratch it's paint - IOW, AV 17 or better, Code D weapons or go home.

But this thread about Knight Titans give me the impression that a Riptide is comparable to them at least. So how do these things scale in terms of combat power?

Houghten
06-05-2013, 02:09 PM
A Knight is a halfway house between a Dreadnought and a Warhound Scout Titan, size-wise.

And even the really big Titans still only go up to AV14. Railguns will do the job just fine. Is Longstrike not said to have downed one?

miteyheroes
06-06-2013, 10:31 AM
LordGrise - this link has info on the old Epic Knight Titans, plus lots of links to fan-made conversions for 40k: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/248882-knight-reference-thread/

I'd LOVE GW to make an official model for an Imperial Knight Titan. Although my 4 converted ones might be sad.

Ankhalagon
06-07-2013, 05:30 AM
I'd LOVE GW to make an official model for an Imperial Knight Titan. Although my 4 converted ones might be sad.

My prototype too......