PDA

View Full Version : What's in store for the UK, 2013/2014...

Mr Mystery
05-08-2013, 06:33 AM
So, Queenies opened up Parliament again (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22447029) and we're all given an idea of what we're in for.

Have to say, none of this really concerns me. NI break? Sure I'll have more money thank you. Pensions? Not much of a concern for your's truly for what...another 35 years or so, but nice to see it being restricted to those who actually put in. Plus I'll have my private pension through work, which is nice. Immigration? Meh. No feelings one way or the other on that subject. Most coverage of that area is wishful thinking and or scare mongering, depending what you're reading, and overall, you're less likely to be a long term doley if you weren't born here.

Seems a pretty safe approach, and probably the least radical one we'll see for a while. Next year will be a vote grabber, year after a vote appeaser as whoever is in power has to match their promises (or utterly ignore them if you happen to be a Libdumb).

Your thoughts folks?

Wolfshade
05-08-2013, 06:49 AM
I think you don't need an apostrophe in the word "your's".

Much the same old same old. Government will try and continue to drive efficiencies through, which let us be perfectly frank, should have been the priority of every government since the 50s. If you compare public sector and private sector there should be little difference in their structures and how they operate, but the public sector seems bloaty and unwieldy.

Savings and cuts will be the order of the day, the market will not recover and there will probably be another EU country that never met the entry requirements of the Euro but still somehow managed to get in will have a catastrophe.

The continued polarisation of people to the right-wing will continue to be driven by scare mongering and individual examples of people behaving “unfairly”. The cracks in society will start to appear as those working rebel against those “skivers”.

Every TV male TV presenter between 1960s – 1980s will be accused of allegedly doing inappropriate things with under age people.

The UK market will continue to grow but below the 1% threshold. Inflation will rise rapidly in the face of rapidly rising fuel bills as providers push customers into fixed-term contracts.

Congestion will continue to plague most cities as motorists are taxed to breaking point but refuse to yield their vehicles for public transport (which is quite inadequate in areas).

I will continue to minimise my tax liabilities using legal schemes. Other big companies will be named and shamed, as not “paying your fair share” becomes stigmatised.

Scotland to win the RBS 6-nations.

Wildeybeast
05-08-2013, 10:23 AM
Since there was no 'Gove to made useful to humanity and turned into Soylent Green', I don't care about the rest.