PDA

View Full Version : razorbacks

lobo60
05-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Ok guys, this is probably a dumb question but I was wanting to field 3 razorbacks (1twin linked las, 2 las/plas) for a campaign. My question isif you kit them out with heavy weapons can razorbacks be taken as heavy support?

Nabterayl
05-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Not in any army list I am familiar with, no. The only way to do that would be to take them as dedicated transports for a devastator squad or long fangs pack.

lobo60
05-07-2013, 09:19 PM
ahhh but essentially I could go 2 5 man devastator squads with razorback dedicated transports.

DarkLink
05-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Yes, but since dedicated transports don't take up force org slots it's irrelevant what force org category it's under. Unless it's to meet the requirements of some silly comp system, which just kind of highlights how stupid comp can be.

OrksOrksOrks
05-08-2013, 01:45 AM
Yes, but since dedicated transports don't take up force org slots it's irrelevant what force org category it's under. Unless it's to meet the requirements of some silly comp system, which just kind of highlights how stupid comp can be.

except it doesn't highlight how stupid comp can be, because you've literally just invented that example.

DarkLink
05-08-2013, 01:59 PM
I like Strawberries!

Edit: In fact, one of my favorite desserts is strawberry shortcake.

OrksOrksOrks
05-09-2013, 03:18 AM
I like Strawberries!

I think blueberries are good too!

Pendragon38
05-09-2013, 05:11 AM
I think blueberries are good too!
Orks orks orks, there are shops that have comps and there are shops that let the winning player takes a model from your army if you lose. I live near one of these shops and I don't game there for that reason. So you may want to think about what you're saying, some players don't have the choice to go to other shops.

Perry

Wolfshade
05-09-2013, 05:28 AM
... there are shops that let the winning player takes a model from your army if you lose. I...

Really? I am genuinely flumoxed by this. Surely this promotes a win at all costs playing

Pendragon38
05-09-2013, 06:09 AM
Really? I am genuinely flumoxed by this. Surely this promotes a win at all costs playing
Yeah, A few players called it (playing for keeps). It does no good if you steal a new players army.

Wolfshade
05-09-2013, 06:11 AM
No!

I really am shocked by this.

OrksOrksOrks
05-09-2013, 06:19 AM
Orks orks orks, there are shops that have comps and there are shops that let the winning player takes a model from your army if you lose. I live near one of these shops and I don't game there for that reason. So you may want to think about what you're saying, some players don't have the choice to go to other shops.

Perry

Thats not comp, thats completly different.

Comp isn't perfect, comp is also pretty much incompatible with pick up games in a FLGS, so I don't for one second believe that any use it.

Comp is just a system put in place to stop raging neckbeard internet nerds obsessed with winning at all costs from ruining the game for normal people who want to play with cool models and not over the top copy pasted spam lists, but GW seem to be doing a good job of getting rid of them anyway.

Really all comp should be is one rule that says "Don't be a dick"

Wolfshade
05-09-2013, 06:22 AM
Thats not comp, thats completly different.

Redacted.

OrksOrksOrks
05-09-2013, 06:29 AM
Yeah that much is obvious from his post...

I think he's mixing up Comp to think it means competition, not composition score.

Wolfshade
05-09-2013, 06:36 AM
I think he's mixing up Comp to think it means competition, not composition score.

Reading it again, that might be quite the case. but then I guess there are stores that have comps with comp.

I also find it a little galling that someone should tell you how you should play your game. I like the idea, but it is really clunky. If you have a Chaos Demons army, with a Tzeentch theme you spam it with flamers and screamers, on the one hand it is spam-triffic, on the other it is folllowing the fluff so how do you score it....

Pendragon38
05-09-2013, 06:40 AM
I do know what comp is, it just so happens that I have 4 shops near me. One of the shops is only open because they sell comics and warmachine, it's slowly going under for how the store is run.

OrksOrksOrks
05-09-2013, 07:27 AM
Reading it again, that might be quite the case. but then I guess there are stores that have comps with comp.

I also find it a little galling that someone should tell you how you should play your game. I like the idea, but it is really clunky. If you have a Chaos Demons army, with a Tzeentch theme you spam it with flamers and screamers, on the one hand it is spam-triffic, on the other it is folllowing the fluff so how do you score it....

Which is why its flawed, yeah, I agree, fluffy armies should never be punished, I see the need for comp though, because a certain vocal minority of people try to break 40K to win tournaments, and thats just not fun for everyone else, comp is a way to try and balance that, but really its clunky, 40K just isn't desgined to suit tournaments at the end of the day, so comp is just a way of trying to get that particular square peg to fit in the round hole of a fun tournament.

DarkLink
05-09-2013, 11:02 AM
there are shops that have comps and there are shops that let the winning player takes a model from your army if you lose.

Wow. That's way dumber than our lgs's old system. Do they mean you take that model permanently, or just for the duration of the tournament or whatever event.

edited

I said comp can be stupid, and used the example of how which section of the FOC you take a unit in could affect your comp score. That's exactly how the comp system at our local lgs tournaments used to work. Take too many units/points in one particular category, and you started taking hits, so being able to swap units around in the FOC was really nice. The newer, flexible codices were able to squeeze around the comp rules and make competitive lists work, while the old, more limited books got screwed. Limiting points/units in each FOC category is one of the most common types of comp, hence my comment.

Edit: I'll go ahead and cut out the off topic stuff, now that that's been resolved.

Pendragon38
05-09-2013, 11:39 AM
No they kept the model/squad if you lost

Power Klawz
05-09-2013, 02:17 PM

That's not possible/legal. You can't make me give you my property, that's called theft and is generally frowned upon by polite society and cognizant authorities.

You'd have to sign some sort of legal agreement or be engaging in a state sanctioned game of chance for such rules to be enforceable, and I doubt you're talking about a store in Las Vegas that is under the auspices of the Nevada Gaming Commission, because I live in Las Vegas and there is no such store.

What you're referring to sounds an awful lot like schoolyard thuggery.

Pendragon38
05-09-2013, 03:55 PM
That's not possible/legal. You can't make me give you my property, that's called theft and is generally frowned upon by polite society and cognizant authorities.

You'd have to sign some sort of legal agreement or be engaging in a state sanctioned game of chance for such rules to be enforceable, and I doubt you're talking about a store in Las Vegas that is under the auspices of the Nevada Gaming Commission, because I live in Las Vegas and there is no such store.

What you're referring to sounds an awful lot like schoolyard thuggery.
Oh you're right about that. It went on for a few years and then it stopped abruptly when the store was bought and moved, now it's full of Waac players and that makes it no fun either IMO.

Valkerie
05-09-2013, 07:42 PM

Sounds like the old days of Magic the Gathering. Used to be that the loser had to surrender their deck to the winner. Just one of many reasons I never started the game back then

DarkLink
05-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Yeah, I would... not be very nice to someone if they tried that on me.