PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys

Wrath of Azkaellon
05-07-2013, 06:27 AM
Hey all, fellow UK wargamer here. I've been visiting the BoLS front page for years and recently been finding myself lurking around the forums too. So I figured why not and decided to join my first internet forum. See you around!

Wolfshade
05-07-2013, 06:32 AM
Hello and welcome aboard, what do you play?

Psychosplodge
05-07-2013, 07:02 AM
Hello,

come to the oubliette we have tangents!!
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me3rf45vyp1r1gkido1_400.gif

Wrath of Azkaellon
05-07-2013, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the welcome! Currently looking at getting back into 40k after a few years absence.

come to the oubliette we have tangents!!

I've already had a little lurk down there, I may choose to return. :D

ElectricPaladin
05-07-2013, 08:37 AM
40k is fun. You'll like it. What's your army?

Also, where are you? If you're in my area I'd love to shoot you from a distance with my Tau, then go have a beer about it.

Wrath of Azkaellon
05-07-2013, 09:32 AM
Well I am in the UK, south of England specifically so nowhere near California unfortunately. I plan to do a Blood Angels army (hence the Azkaellon username ;) and yeah I know more marines boo!:p) but when I first started 40k way back in the mid nineties they were my first ever army after getting the old starter box with them on the cover. I also have a bit of a confession to make over the years I've had several armies across several systems but never had a fully painted one. In truth artistic skill is not something that runs in my blood so I never got much into the painting side of things. Yet after a lengthy break I'm back in the saddle and determined this time to have a crack at getting a fully painted force together. In fact that is also one of the reasons I decided to join the forum in order to document my progress and draw any feedback from you lovely talented people! :)

droozy
05-07-2013, 03:19 PM
I'm in the East Bay, looking to link up with new people to play with. I'm running Chaos, been playing for less than a year but been into the universe since I was a kid. Down to play sometime, let me know

Wolfshade
05-08-2013, 01:56 AM
Well I am in the UK, south of England specifically so nowhere near California unfortunately.

Derby isn't too far away from "the south".

Blood Angels are the bestest ever, though you must understand that I am completely unbiased with this view. I have issues with painting, I am supposed to be stripping and repainting a BA 3rd company, so far it isn't going very well, 3 completed miniatures in 5 months...

East Bay, as in by Dunoon?

droozy
05-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Lol, no, East Bay California. Sorry, saw Electricpaladin was from San Francisco, about 20 minutes from me

Wolfshade
05-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Lol, no, East Bay California. Sorry, saw Electricpaladin was from San Francisco, about 20 minutes from me

No I guessed, I was being obtuse for fun :)

Wrath of Azkaellon
05-09-2013, 04:45 AM
Blood Angels are the bestest ever, though you must understand that I am completely unbiased with this view. I have issues with painting, I am supposed to be stripping and repainting a BA 3rd company, so far it isn't going very well, 3 completed miniatures in 5 months...

They sure are! and yes I know your pain on the painting front. Also am I reading that as a whole company? Well at the rate you're going it will take what....almost 14 years? :D

Wrath of Azkaellon
05-09-2013, 04:56 AM

They sure are! and I feel your pain on the painting front. Also did I read that as a whole company? Well at the rate you're going it well take what...... almost 14 years? :D

Wrath of Azkaellon
05-09-2013, 05:17 AM

They sure are! and I feel your pain on the painting front. Also did I read that as a whole company? At the rate you're going it will take what.... nearly 14 years? :D

Wrath of Azkaellon
05-09-2013, 05:18 AM

They sure are! and I feel your pain on the painting front. Also did I read that as a whole company? At the rate you're going it will take what.... nearly 14 years? :D

Psychosplodge
05-09-2013, 07:03 AM
Well, he is working on the full chapter...

Wolfshade
05-09-2013, 07:07 AM
Yeah, looking at it I've got 1 and a bit battle companies, 1st and 10th sorted, obviously any donations will be greatfully received...

Minibem
05-09-2013, 09:42 AM
Another Brit! I live in London and happy to get back into some gaming!

Must remember how to play first as last time I played you had the original Land Raiders....

Shooting
Close Combat
Then Movement
Right?:D

Wrath of Azkaellon
05-09-2013, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys! Sorry about the spammy posting up there something weird was going on it kept crashing when I posted the reply and when I logged back in it wasn't there. As you can see I tried four times before giving up but now they've all appeared at once???:o

Psychosplodge
05-09-2013, 04:04 PM
just keep hitting F5...

Wolfshade
05-10-2013, 02:01 AM
It's ok I like the attention of a mutli-reply.

Plus it's your welcome thread, you shouldn't let people tell you what you can and can't do with it, unless it is 'splogy or I.

Psychosplodge
05-10-2013, 02:05 AM
They do tend to all start the same and then wander as they will...

Wrath of Azkaellon
05-10-2013, 03:18 PM
just keep hitting F5...

I tried refreshing multiple times but it still wouldn't load up? :confused: Ah well it seems to be working fine now.

Brakkart
05-11-2013, 01:08 AM
Yay another Brit, and one in the south too. Whereabouts roughly, as I'm over in the South West?

Wrath of Azkaellon
05-11-2013, 02:56 PM
Yay another Brit, and one in the south too. Whereabouts roughly, as I'm over in the South West?

I am in Bournemouth, Dorset. :)

Godless Zealot
05-12-2013, 03:14 PM
I am in Bournemouth, Dorset. :)

Neat! I am in Dorset too! :) Oh yeah and welcome!

Psychosplodge
05-13-2013, 01:47 AM
I tried refreshing multiple times but it still wouldn't load up? :confused: Ah well it seems to be working fine now.

lol That's how you end up with multiple posts :D

Wrath of Azkaellon
05-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Neat! I am in Dorset too! :) Oh yeah and welcome!

Thanks, whereabouts?

lol That's how you end up with multiple posts

Derp...:o