PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Storm Eagle?

david5th
05-06-2013, 11:23 AM
Can anyone who owns Imperial Armour 12 tell me if the Storm Eagle Gunship can be taken by chaos? Will be getting book myself at HH weekender but was curious in the meantime.

Cheers David5th.

Charistoph
05-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Yes, they can, but pricing and options are different. That part's listed on the right column in a box marked: Chaos Storm Eagle.

zenjah
05-06-2013, 01:13 PM
Here is a Storm Eagle PDF on the Forgeworld site that has some info on the Chaos Storm Eagle.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/s/Stormeagle.pdf

vharing
05-06-2013, 05:04 PM
My question is if FW has errataed it to say how many hull points it has? It would give CSM some other air support other than the helldrake. And with more tournaments letting FW in we may see more of these on the table.

Edited- I found the FW errata. Storm Eagles are 4 HPs. I think I want one now.

Learn2Eel
05-06-2013, 08:26 PM
I'm meaning to get one or two myself, down the line. They compare well to Stormravens and Chaos can take them! Not bad at all.
Of course, there's a lot more than Storm Eagles that my Chaos collection needs, but oh well lol.

daboarder
05-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Honestly, as with most Chaos (and indeed GW) chaos versions of loyalist just means less options and worse upgrades.....I mean really Daemonic possession or PotMS, how is that even a question?

About the only really unique (read: not worse) chaos engine FW has put out is the blood stalker, blight drones and the decimator.

As far as raider variants, drop pods (Dread claws) and contemptors go we get the brown end of the stick.

Caitsidhe
05-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Are they also Fliers? I know that may sound like a silly question but the posted link only shows them as Fast Skimmers. :)

Caitsidhe
05-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Because if it is a Flyer it might well be my third Fast Attack slot, so I have a vehicle capable of hunting opposing Helldrakes effectively. The Twin-Link Multi-Melta and two wing mounted Twin-Link Lascannons should do the job nicely. Expensive or not it is an assault vehicle and well designed.

Learn2Eel
05-09-2013, 04:17 AM
Because if it is a Flyer it might well be my third Fast Attack slot, so I have a vehicle capable of hunting opposing Helldrakes effectively. The Twin-Link Multi-Melta and two wing mounted Twin-Link Lascannons should do the job nicely. Expensive or not it is an assault vehicle and well designed.

Yep, it is a flyer and it has four hull points.

phreakachu
05-10-2013, 01:59 PM
according to Aeronautica, the blight drone is available as well for CSM air support. i was contemplating a conversion using the Stormtalon as a base model