PDA

View Full Version : Independent character and unit points

NurgleNurgle
05-03-2013, 09:43 AM
I need feedback on Unit Victory points which involve an Independent Character. My Friend and I have been disagreeing on this discussion and would appreciate peoples opinion.

I'll quote the rule book first - Special Rules: Independent Character rules page 39 "while an independent character is part of the unit, he counts as part of the unit for all rule purposes, though he still follows the rules for characters"

Battle Missions - Black Crusade was being played. My I.C. and the unit he joined were in combat, all models but the I.C. were destroyed. He felt that a Kill point was deserved because the Unit joined was destroyed and i disagreed. after going through the rule book and finding the above quote, he did not budge on his stance. we dropped the discussion and continued playing. it's been an ongoing discussion for the past few days.

He quoted this sentence from the same section on page 39 "If an Independent Character joins a unit, and all other models in that unit are killed he again becomes a unit of one model at the start of the following phase."
which he feels squashs our discussion and backs up his view point but i still disagree. it doesn't refer to points but rather, i think, the I.C. being able to move about the board freely once again.

Maybe my interpretation is wrong and I'm over thinking the situation.

Thanks for your time.

DarkLink
05-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Independent Characters are a kill point. The unit they joined is another, separate kill point. On your written list, they are separate units, it doesn't matter that they can temporarily join together during the game. Two units, two kill points.

Nabterayl
05-03-2013, 11:40 AM
Independent Characters are a kill point. The unit they joined is another, separate kill point. On your written list, they are separate units, it doesn't matter that they can temporarily join together during the game. Two units, two kill points.
Concur.

Magpie
05-04-2013, 02:13 AM
what the other guys said.

Also once the unit he is attached to is dead...... he isn't part of a unit anymore.

sangrail777
05-04-2013, 10:33 AM
NurgleNurgle - 0
Your friend - 1
IC is 1 point
Unit is 1 point
Sorry Nurglex2 yah got this one wrong.

NurgleNurgle
05-06-2013, 01:12 AM
Thanks for the opinions everyone. Separate unit points it is.