PDA

View Full Version : Necron Sentry Pylon variants up.

Mr Mystery
05-03-2013, 05:13 AM
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/NECRON_SENTRY_PYLON_WITH_HEAT_CANNON.html

Not sure why they can't just be a single kit with variant weapons, but hey ho!

So, so tempted by a Deathray one! My inner Bond villain wants it!

Actually. All three have different sidey bits, so I guess it's a bit more understandable now!

Wolfshade
05-03-2013, 05:28 AM
I think the exterminator variant looks the best

Mr Mystery
05-03-2013, 06:01 AM
Yarr. Kind of liking all three myself.

Need to pick up the book first though!

Tyrendian
05-03-2013, 06:15 AM
speaking of which - could someone who has it maybe give us a brief rundown of the new Necron stuff rules-wise? I don't mean exact figures or anything - I do want to buy the book - just a rough impression of what they can do so I get an idea of what to order alongside the book itself.
For example, is the Bomber any good? I absolutely love the model, but with the usual ForgeWorld price tag I don't want to buy one just to find out it's utter trash on the table-top...
Also, does the Tesseract Ark just have a "normal" powerful gun (plenty of those in the army as it is...) or does it have some cool funky effect (plenty of those in the army as well admittedly...)?
Then there's the Sentry Pylons themselves - are they "just" deep striking Heat Cannons, Death Rays and Gauss Exterminators respectively or do they do anything else?
For the rest of the new stuff there are no models yet as far as I know - except the named characters... anyone that stands out there?

Houghten
05-03-2013, 10:58 AM
It's interesting that the different Pylons have different side bits, and aren't just swaps of the gun.

(I'd actually thought the gauss exterminator would be the only one they'd sell, and you'd have to convert the others up yourself using the spare weapons from your Triarch Stalkers and Night Scythes. I'm happy to be wrong, though.)

Then there's the Sentry Pylons themselves - are they "just" deep striking Heat Cannons, Death Rays and Gauss Exterminators respectively or do they do anything else?

I should imagine they can Skyfire.

Asymmetrical Xeno
05-03-2013, 12:13 PM
I like that they made each variant look distinct by changing more than just the weapons themselves, the backs of the arks look distinct and different. Still, I havent seen anything I'd buy yet though - hope they do the named characters and some some conversion kits though, thats stuff id buy :)

Maelstorm
05-03-2013, 01:36 PM
I'll purchase 3 of the Heat Ray sentry pylons and magnatize the weapon mount to use leftover Doom Scythe Death Rays and the spare Doomsday Arks Gauss Exterminators. No-one in my area will care, even for "official" tournaments.

Tyrendian
05-04-2013, 03:47 AM
OK to answer my own question - Gotthammer just posted a (really good!) review in another thread... that sorts it out for me... soooo getting this thing! And some minis besides probably...

Read it here. (http://collegiatitanica.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/review-imperial-armour-12-fall-of.html)