PDA

View Full Version : Competitve Grey Knight Henchmen and Imperial Guard list 1500pts - For a Tournament!

DoomMouse
05-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Grey Knights

Inquisitor Coteaz (using two powers from divination, hoping for ignores cover or the re-roll armour saves one and the primaris power) 100pts

Henchmen Warband with 3 Warrior acolytes with plasma guns and 2 servitors with multi meltas in chimera 117pts (Coteaz joins this unit)
Henchmen Warband with 3 Warrior acolytes with plasma guns and 1 psyker in chimera 107pts
Henchmen Warband with 3 Warrior acolytes with plasma guns and 1 psyker in chimera 107pts
Henchmen Warband with 3 Warrior acolytes with melta guns and 1 psyker in chimera 107pts

Dreadnought with two autocannons and psybolt ammunition 135pts
Dreadnought with two autocannons and psybolt ammunition 135pts

Imperial Guard

Company Command Squad with 3 meltaguns in chimera 135pts
Veteran Squad with 3 grenade launchers and autocannon in chimera 145pts
Vendetta with Heavy Bolter Sponsons 140pts
2 Griffons in a Squadron 150pts

Can anyone suggest any weaknesses or point out any other possible configurations for the squads? Flyers concern me (imperial guard and necrons) and I was wondering if I should put plasmas on the IG command squad - they are more expensive, but can re-roll with 'bring it down'. I could also swap out the psykers for two henchmen with bolters maybe?

Corbarvius
05-01-2013, 03:37 PM
You have alot of easy Kill Points. As Chimeras have terrible side armour they are very vulnerable, especially in round 2+. Once out of their vehicles, your guys will die too quickly, and your Leadership isn't huge.

I like the silly amount of plasma, and 2x Griffons (very underated)

I really don't like the Grenade Launchers on the Veterans.

DoomMouse
05-01-2013, 04:39 PM
To be honest the only reason the vets have grenade launchers is for some anti infantry firepower - plus it'd mean people would fear them less so my main scoring unit would be the last thing to be shot, which can't hurt.

The basic plan would be to fight largely as a battle line to cover the AV10 sides (spreading out a bit in case of ordnance). I don't really expect the infantry to live long outside their chimeras - they can either try and get one last kill or just hide behind cover for the rest of the game. i'm not sure their leadership really comes into it too much, as most things that shoot them will probaby kill them.

I think you're right on the griffons - they're my favorite unit in the guard codex, in the tournament I played them in they killed over twice the amount of units as any other tank I had (including sniping characters and destroying a manticore).

Admittedly on kill points missions I'm likely to lose against armies I can't table, but I think in general this force would have the firepower to have a good chance of that.

Hopefully against air twin linked dreads, twin linked coteaz plasmas and 'bring it down' from the PCS will be enough...