PDA

View Full Version : Illegal move by Flayed Ones?

Kall3m0n
11-01-2009, 07:54 AM
I really need a quick answer here, plz, 'couse the game is still rolling.

My FW unit just got charged by a few Flayed Ones, through cover.
I rolled first, killed none of his.
He then killed one of my FW.
I fail the LD and tried to ran, but he ran after and won the initiative roll, and wiped my whole unit.

Is that really how it supposed to be?

sirrouga
11-01-2009, 07:55 AM
Sounds right. Sweeping advances can wreck units if not prepared for. You took care of the charging through cover with you attacking first so you got everything covered from whats posted.

Old_Paladin
11-01-2009, 07:59 AM
Yeah, that all sounds correct.
That's the new, brutal, world of close combat in 5th edition.

Denzark
11-01-2009, 10:56 AM
No disrespect. But if the only way you saw to resolve this was to take the time to go online as opposed to interpret the rules or come to an agreement - roll a d6 - then I think you will find yourself short of future opponents. And this one actually is quite plain.

drummerholt1234
11-01-2009, 11:40 AM
It's called reading the rulebook... try it sometime.

Aldramelech
11-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Perils of the Internet......

hisdudeness
11-01-2009, 04:30 PM
@Denzark and drummerholt1234: Great way to help out a possible new player with a question. Please keep up the helpful comments to other players.

@Kall3m0n: As the helpful comments pointed out, you played correctly. As a Tau player I learned the lesson the hard way also. You can’t let anything touch your lines. The most you can hope for is to tie up the assaulting unit for a turn so you can move your other lines and setup to fire once the assaulting unit is free of your overrun unit.

Kall3m0n
11-01-2009, 06:30 PM
@Denzark and drummerholt1234: Thank you for your witty remarks. You have successfully made me cry and call for mum.

@The rest: Thanx. Thought so, but wanted to make sure. It sounds so illogical that a single troop-model has the potential to kill (this is an exaggeration I know) 500 models as long as it takes only one wound (if it is a 2-wound model) and cause 2 or more wounds.

Denzark
11-01-2009, 06:56 PM
[QUOTE=hisdudeness;31610]@Denzark and drummerholt1234: Great way to help out a possible new player with a question. Please keep up the helpful comments to other players.

back @@@ yourself. I would much rather help a possible new player to get better gaming ettiquete like not taking the time to run away from the table to tippy tappy tippy on the internet - it shows a lack of trust in your opponent and is quite frankly bad manners. And an improvement in manners helps in real life.

I like to think I couched my comment reasonably...If you look hard enough, you will find this posted:

"Heck, today someone posted thinking their opponent had made up the sweeping advance rule, and wanted to get it resolved quickly by posting here!? If you have time to wait for someone to respond to a new thread, you have time to read the codex. Heck, Sweeping Advances are listed in the Index! You don't even have to search for them."

IN A THREAD ENTITLED 'MUPPETS WHO DO NOT KNOW THE RULES' so by comparison I was quite mild.

Maleagant
11-01-2009, 11:51 PM
[QUOTE=Denzark;31640][QUOTE=hisdudeness;31610]@Denzark and drummerholt1234: Great way to help out a possible new player with a question. Please keep up the helpful comments to other players.

back @@@ yourself. I would much rather help a possible new player to get better gaming ettiquete like not taking the time to run away from the table to tippy tappy tippy on the internet - it shows a lack of trust in your opponent and is quite frankly bad manners. And an improvement in manners helps in real life.

Looking at the posting time from when the rules question was asked and the answer that came in a minute (or less?) later, I'd say that this was acutally a pretty quick way to get a ruling. Looks like the only MUPPET here is you Denzark - sorry!

Aldramelech
11-02-2009, 02:35 AM
Regardless of everyone's feelings on the subject I think the thread has served its purpose....... Time it went away.

Denzark
11-02-2009, 02:40 AM
here here