PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to H-Town

Lord of Deeds
08-01-2009, 06:59 AM
Woo Hoo! Thanks BoLS that was quick! Just a quick shout out to other gamers in the Houston metroplex. Check in and let everyone know where you game and what you play.

I play predominately at the GW Cooperwood location and occasionally at the GW Willowbrook location (at least until it moves up the road)

I currently play the following armies
Imperial Fists
Crimson Fists (in progress)
Orks (in progress)

and I've been messing around with Nids

Square base wise, I haven't played a single game since Hero hammer (5ed?) when I played Undead, but do have the makings of a Dwarf and Dark Elf army.

Divergent Reality
08-03-2009, 12:31 PM
another houston person here. i putz about the gw rice village store most of the time. i have necrons. thats it.

crazyredpraetorian
08-04-2009, 02:30 PM
another houston person here. i putz about the gw rice village store most of the time. i have necrons. thats it.

Does Big Raymond still work there?

Lord of Deeds
08-14-2009, 02:57 PM
Does Big Raymond still work there?

I think he is now the manager of the Coles Crossing Store?

crazyredpraetorian
08-15-2009, 12:04 AM
Thanks, I'll try to look him up the next time I am in town.

prophet665
08-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Raymond is now at the Cole Crossing store, which incidentally, is the store that is closest to me.

One of my concerns about starting up this expensive hobby is not being able to find people to play. Unfortunately, I am not a youngster in school and have some young kids of my own that demand my time.

If anyone wants to set up a game sometime soon (I am building a SoB army, not there yet, still ordering units) let me know!

Lord of Deeds
08-27-2009, 08:50 AM
prophet665 - Know exactly what you mean. Got young kids myself. Pretty much put my hobby on the shelf for 5 years because of them. When my oldest started getting into the game, I got back into it. I typically play at Copperwood (529 and Hwy 6), and Willowbrook, but Coles Crossing is very doable. I have enough Marines and Orks to throw down 1500 pts of each, and about 1000 pts of Tyranids. I've got multiple lists for all of them (500, 750, 1000, etc ....thanks Army builder!) So I could bring my armies if you need an army to play while you get your SoB's up to snuff. I probably can get my son to loan me his Chaos SM or Necron army as well. What day's/times tend to work best for you?

prophet665
08-27-2009, 09:29 AM
prophet665 - Know exactly what you mean. Got young kids myself. Pretty much put my hobby on the shelf for 5 years because of them. When my oldest started getting into the game, I got back into it. I typically play at Copperwood (529 and Hwy 6), and Willowbrook, but Coles Crossing is very doable. I have enough Marines and Orks to throw down 1500 pts of each, and about 1000 pts of Tyranids. I've got multiple lists for all of them (500, 750, 1000, etc ....thanks Army builder!) So I could bring my armies if you need an army to play while you get your SoB's up to snuff. I probably can get my son to loan me his Chaos SM or Necron army as well. What day's/times tend to work best for you?

Excellent. I have just placed a large order from ccgarmory.com and it should arrive within a few days. I will need some time to assemble them and at least get them primed.

My army is by no means tournament competitive as far I can tell from lists on the net. Hell, I don't think the Sisters are considered a competitive army no matter which way you set them up. Honestly, I am building this army because it looks cool (as cool as badly painted pewter figures can look) and will hopefully be fun to play.

I should have a good 1250 point army and maybe a 1500 point one depending on the upgrades.

I am extremely flexible on times. I am a stay at home dad, so as long as I know a day or two in advance, I can usually make it. If this works out, we could trade off playing locations. Copperwood and Willowbrook are both about a 45 minute drive, but it will be well worth it to finally get some game time.

I just want you to know, I am an extremely new player. Delicate...like a flower. Just fair warning, I know some people do not like playing the new guy who doesn't know all the special rules.

Brutal Brandon
09-09-2010, 05:10 PM
I live in Spring Branch ( Spring Shadows Subdivision ) Hammerly Blvd. @ Gessner Rd. and have a giant 6 car air conditioned garage we can play in.
Not a fan of playing at stores.
I don't have a table anymore, but I can build a new one if there is interest in people getting together to play.
I'm just getting back into 40K and other war games after a 7 year brake now that I'm less busy with life.
I have a rather large Tzeentch army and plenty of nice terrain.
This invitation is extended to adults only, no one under 18, I don't want to deal with kids or teen nonsense.
If your interested send me a P.M.

Nightfoxll
12-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Any of you guys getting any games going at the GW in Coles Crossing or Village Center Malls? I game there about once or twice a month. Right now I am pretty into Cities of Death games if someone is interested.