PDA

View Full Version : Make a Mini of Yourself for $65 - the Future is Here!

Bigred
04-26-2013, 09:58 AM
http://cubify.com/store/3dme.aspx?apps_bn_3dme

And these guys are selling 3D printers for under 2K.

Now you can make a commander head for your favorite army that looks just like you!

Discuss...

Mr Mystery
04-26-2013, 10:32 AM
No ta. Creating an action figure of yourself just seems.....arrogant.

Defo a pass from me.

ElectricPaladin
04-26-2013, 10:35 AM
I think that playing with a model that looks like me would be a bit creepy. However, I could see making a sorceress or something that looks kind of like my wife.

Ooh! Or I could get photos of people I don't like from Facebook, or whatever, and cut off the faces and put them onto the butts of chaos spawns, or use their heads for snotlings, or whatever!

bfmusashi
04-26-2013, 10:38 AM
And this spawn is the ******* in the Charger that cut me off this morning.

Brakkart
04-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Ooh! Or I could get photos of people I don't like from Facebook, or whatever, and cut off the faces and put them onto the butts of chaos spawns, or use their heads for snotlings, or whatever!

LOL! The possibilities for mini plastic revenge are endless!

Caitsidhe
04-26-2013, 11:20 AM
Arrogant or not I would do it in a heartbeat if they were the right scale for my 40K or WM/H armies. I wouldn't just have a statue of myself though. I might get one of my wife in the Vampire or future Fairy option as it would please her. *I would love to use my friends as Champions in my units and so on too. It would be hilarious to have Kerstan commanding one of my units of Plague Marines.

Maelstorm
04-26-2013, 12:44 PM
I could make a chaos Greater Daemon with the head of my ex-wife - very fitting...

Possibly a Nurgle Daemon with the head of my ex mother-in-law...

olberon
04-26-2013, 02:12 PM
call me narsistic... but im making a head of myself for my commander deffo!!!

Chris Copeland
04-26-2013, 03:21 PM
It would be hilarious to have Kerstan commanding one of my units of Plague Marines.

I'm honored! That would be hilarious!

YourSwordisMine
04-26-2013, 06:02 PM
I now want a slaanesh army with all the heads looking like ME!

oh wait... That would be a nurgle army... nevermind then...

honestly...

kill it... kill it with fire...

Kawauso
04-26-2013, 08:14 PM
This is something I could see myself considering in the future.

At the right scale my head wouldn't go amiss on a Space Wolf - I could pass for a space viking.

I agree it would be kind of strange, though...but there is the potential for a lot of fun. My brother's a pretty big military/history enthusiast and I've no doubt he'd be pretty amused if I put his head on a commissar or IG tank commander or something of that nature.

jgebi
04-26-2013, 08:31 PM
A little weird but get some mates and make them into little people XD I don't know but the printers a cheap which is a good thing I guess

Aspire to Glory
04-27-2013, 05:17 PM
Agreed. A company commander with a hobo beard (in my case) wouldn't quite fit.

neutrino
04-29-2013, 10:53 AM
or u could put famous tactical leader on the heads - just an idear - can these people do whole figures