PDA

View Full Version : What happens when you leave Finecast in nail polish remover for too long?

joevmt
04-26-2013, 09:48 AM
This is the video I made out of curiosity (and my demolition nature) Hope all of your answers are answered with this video about finecast and nail polish remover!!!

http://youtu.be/-35TLy_VdkE

Denzark
04-26-2013, 10:10 AM
And for those of you who frankly can't be arsed, and don't want to waste 7 minutes of their lives, it melts. Don't say I never give you anything.

Vlad78
04-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Of course it melts.

Every plastic and resin minis will melt in acetone.
Acetone is useful to strip bare only metal miniatures.

what's the purpose of that vid?

rich_clean_jammies
04-26-2013, 10:49 AM
Next do 'What happens if you leave finecast in fire for too long?'

ElectricPaladin
04-26-2013, 10:50 AM
Next do 'What happens if you leave finecast in fire for too long?'

What happens if you leave fire in nail polish for too long?

Denzark
04-26-2013, 11:34 AM
What can I do to make myself spontaneously combust?

ElectricPaladin
04-26-2013, 11:46 AM
What can I do to make myself spontaneously combust?

Yes, I agree. What can I do to make Denzark spontaneously combust :D?

Wolfshade
04-26-2013, 12:43 PM
Just use dettol or simple green...

joevmt
04-26-2013, 01:08 PM
:D The purpose of this video was to show people the obvious. Putting plastic, resin, or anything but metal miniature in Acetone nail polish remover will melt it. Yes, it is a no brainer. Yes, it should be obvious to most people. Yes, it may waste 7 minutes of your life. Yet I already mentioned it.

The video was made for FUN. Seriously man, does everything involving wargaming on youtube has to be "Oh put at this stuff I masterly painted" or "Oh look at this stuff that was in a box and now it isn't"

Anyways, you guys may not believe this but there are still people out there in the world who DOESN'T know the different between Acetone FREE and Acetone nail polish remover and STILL make the mistake of using the wrong one. So to have some fun with it, I made this video to SHOW what exactly happens to the miniature after an extended exposure to such harsh chemicals.

Plus, if you can't really support a video where one tries to be creative and helpful, or if you can't say anything constructive, then SHUT UP and move along. Thanks for watching but seriously though, shut up.

GrauGeist
04-26-2013, 02:24 PM
@OP: Major fail and fail again.

This should have been a 30-second video at most, rather than some stupid timewaster.

And you should have introed your video better, rather than a cold open to lameness.

For your next video, I suggest you show us what happens when you play in traffic for 7 minutes.

Gotthammer
04-26-2013, 02:47 PM
http://www.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/251256_anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.j pg

joevmt
04-26-2013, 03:04 PM
@OP: Major fail and fail again.

This should have been a 30-second video at most, rather than some stupid timewaster.

And you should have introed your video better, rather than a cold open to lameness.

For your next video, I suggest you show us what happens when you play in traffic for 7 minutes.

:D Well I am not going to argue but you did give me some insight to how to improve the quality of my videos and do you have anger management issues? Because to get this upset from watching a video either says my video was that impactful on your life or you need help :D

Either way thanks

http://www.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/251256_anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.j pg

:D Agreed

Denzark
04-26-2013, 04:16 PM
OP - have you been lurking, or have you got another account on here? You come on and in 7 posts start slinging an attitude around because we found your 'experiment', rather than merit the Nobel prize for wargaming you so clearly were hankering for, actually was a total waste of time. To applaud you for it would be like complimenting a baby for soiling its nappy.

Just chill out. Most of us would have got more benefit from being rick-rolled, at least that is amusing for a nano second.

OrksOrksOrks
04-27-2013, 01:20 AM
Well I am not going to argue but you did give me some insight to how to improve the quality of my videos

I'd say that if you can't show one thing like this in 30 seconds, then you're going to annoy people, youtube is fast paced, the most popular videos either have a ton of information, or are really short, yours wasn't short and it didn't have much information, a silly video highlighting something you think might be informative should really be cut down to less than a minute