PDA

View Full Version : Emperor's Champion and Allies

TapDancingChrist
04-25-2013, 11:36 AM
If you take Black Templar's then you are required to take the Emperor's Champion if the BT army is above 750 points. How does this work with allies? Is it 750 of points combined, BT and the original army, or is it 750 points of just BT allies?

Also, if you do end up having to take the Emp. Champ. does he count as the 1 allied hq choice or not since he doesn't take up a any of the force org. chart? If he doesn't count then you can take two BT hq choices when they are your allies?

Tynskel
04-25-2013, 11:49 AM
I would interpret it exactly how it sounds. If you are taking allies, and the total points invested is more than 750, you must take an Emperor's Champion. The Emperor's Champion does not count as an HQ choice, because the rules state he does not take up the slot in the Force Org Chart.

Essentially, just follow the rules.

zenjah
04-25-2013, 12:14 PM
I would interpret it exactly how it sounds. . . .Essentially, just follow the rules.

Why phrase it so condescendingly?

Guy with 4 posts asks a question about how the rules work. Guy with 4.4 thousand posts says "just follow the rules."

Addicted to the squirt of dopamine you get when you make snide comments to strangers?

rtmaitreya
04-25-2013, 09:56 PM

Guy with 4 posts asks a question about how the rules work. Guy with 4.4 thousand posts says "just follow the rules."

Addicted to the squirt of dopamine you get when you make snide comments to strangers?

I think you're a little extra sensitive. I don't have a problem with the answer, since it's the right answer. You can add whatever voice you want (I'm partial to Monty Python French), but such accents are your own to attribute.

RTM

Tynskel
04-26-2013, 11:56 AM

I am not sure what is condescending in what I wrote. I have in the past wrote condescendingly (just hop over to the rules thread on killing swarms, that'll show you condescending), but what is here is not.

In fact, I walk through the individual rules, too... I just don't understand.

here, let me be condescending to you:
http://www.thanatosrealms.com/war2/sounds/orcs/troll-axethrower/ready.wav

Magpie
04-26-2013, 06:38 PM
Rather than worry about all that, how about answering the OP's question?

I think he is asking how you deal with the Emp's Champ when the BT's are the allies, so you're not actually a BT army.

To my mind as it isn't a BT army you can do as you wish?

Nabterayl
04-26-2013, 07:40 PM
I'm with Tynskel. It does say "Every Black Templars army of at least 750 points ..." but it also says, "Forces smaller than this ..." While I wouldn't be surprised to see a future ruling to the contrary, I think it's safest to read the codex as currently requiring an Emperor's Champion provided there are at least 750 points of Black Templars in one's army.

Magpie
04-26-2013, 07:52 PM
TBH I think it's one of those "flip a coin" moments. It could be read either way and as Nabterayl says, just having BT's IN your army might be enough.

Does anyone know how it worked in 4th ed, where the BT Codex currently resides? They had allies in 4th (?) I believe so maybe the way it worked then is the best guide?

dreadnoughtguy
04-26-2013, 09:21 PM
it would be 750 of just black templars. He can not count as your warlord, but in the last faq it did count as your required HQ. It is still a HQ model and I would think it would satisfy its requirments.