PDA

View Full Version : Sniper Kroot + Fortifications = Potential

Panxer
04-25-2013, 10:56 AM
I'm a guy who used to love throwing his Kroot at an unsuspecting enemy with the outflank 2+ attacks on the charge + hounds was enough to make even grey knights and necrons poop their exo armor. Since the only CC unit the Tau ever really had is now a fire support unit, I'm looking at a pretty cool configuration that may make Kroot a MUST take for point efficiency and overall fun of the game (remember, I am not a tourney guy...I hate losing to 9 year olds, and I hate being made fun of by manboobed cheetoes stained corpuscles because I brought a Tau army to a tourney, I have anger issues, and I'll go to jail for assaulting those F&^kers who think they are bad arse just because they were luckier with the dice than me...and yes, I have issues.) BUT

(10+)Kroot squad with sniper rounds+Shaper w/ pulse rifle, maybe a dog if you're feeling froggy (95pts), combine that with an aegis defense and quad gun for 100pts, and you've got a 24" rapid fire, sniper, rending, pinning, 4+ cover save, with the Shaper manning(or Krooting) the quadgun, maybe a commander w/ a C&C Node or a fireknife joining the unit for an extra shot, and you've got a distraction that may even draw attention away from the RIPtide you just dropped in their backfield who's about to spray and pray death.

Combine that with some markerlights and I think you may have some voodoo that'll make even chaos pretty nervous.

Thoughts?

Uncle Nutsy
04-25-2013, 08:59 PM
hmmm.. could be fun. I might actually try this out one day.

jgebi
04-25-2013, 09:56 PM
no a few tau players and I want to try this as a game mode, a necron survivor style game

DaemonForge
04-28-2013, 09:31 AM
Someone posted a build that takes your idea to the extreme...

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?30959-My-God-the-Sniping!-1800-Tau-Idea

I am not completely up to speed with the Tau, but it seems nightmarish to me...