PDA

View Full Version : Necron/Tau Allies 1850 First attempt...

ksoh75
04-24-2013, 05:43 PM
So I'm taking 2 of my favorite armies and combining them into 1 mega 1850 list. This list is for pure fun. Competitive play will be all Cron for me unless this list proves that it can kick some *** and then maybe I will entertain the possibility in playing it in a local tourny.

Necron Forces:

HQ:
Destroyer Lord with all the Bells n Whistles including mind shackle, Res orb, War Schyth and Septeminal Weave

Fast:
5 man Destroyers
6 man Wraiths....3 with Coils

The Lord will run with the Destroyers as the Wraiths will run in between them. This is my Shoot and Destroy Blob killers. Causing the most havoc on the board. Shoot, move, clean up from one bubble at a time.

Troops:
10 Cron Warriors in Ghost Ark
5 Cron Warriors in Night Scyth

Reason for the Ark will be to set up the 10 man squad on an objective and use the Ark as a weapons platform to protect the Warriors as the shoot in cover. The Night Scyth will help in air combat as well as dump that last 5 man squad on in objective to take or contest. The Tesla will be a big help to ground troops as it comes on and off the board.
Necron point total: 1040

Tau Forces:

HQ:
Etheral with Equilisers, Black Sun Filter, 2 Shield Drones* 85pts
Fireblade with 2 Shield Drones* 84 pts

*Edited to updated FAQ

Troops:
12 Firewarriors 108pts

The Etheral and Fireblade will join forces with the warriors to give them Volly as well as the buffs from the Etheral. As soon as the enemy gets into that half range of the pulse rifles, add Storm to the mix and that's 4 shots folks. Can't beat that.

Fast:
Pathfinders 10 man squad 146pts
Add Shas'ui for 10....Black Sun Filter 1 and Grav Drone for them assault oriented armies to slow them down so I can move and shake them the hell out of there.
1 Pfinder with Railrifle just cuz I had points left and I wanted a big gun to help hold down the boyz.

Elite: 151 pts
3 man Crisis team all with that loving rapid fire plasma. 1 as a Shas'Vre with Early Warning System and all three with Vectro Thrusters for Fleet and hit and Run. Jump em in and out!

Riptide: Ion Accelarator....duh here.....Early Warning System, Target Lock for multiple Targets and 2 Shield/Missile Drones.

Goal for Tau is to soak up shots and take names. Pfinders marker up anything cuz Tau suck without the marker Lights. The troop line will be for hold hold and more holding as the Riptide helps cover them and lay down some serious fire power. Early Warning systems on Crisis and Riptide to help with fliers while the Riptide can focus on multiple targets with it's missiles as well as PA. And with 5 wounds, I'm not afraid to unleash Nova on my enemy.

As you can see, pretty different playing to the many strengths of both armies.

Let me know what you like or don't like about it. I'm curious since this seems to be the first Allies list with the new codex posted! Have fun with this too. This post is for fun. I'm not looking for debates.

Sonikgav
04-24-2013, 05:48 PM
One point. Check the FAQ's. The Tau book has a misprint. Only Broadsides can take missile drones.

ksoh75
04-24-2013, 06:12 PM
One point. Check the FAQ's. The Tau book has a misprint. Only Broadsides can take missile drones.

GOOD CATCH!!! Replace those missile drones with extra Shield Drones then for more survivability!! Edited list above to reflect changes!!