PDA

View Full Version : New Lost Vyper -Blog

Lost Vyper
04-24-2013, 10:30 AM
New entry pondering about the new FAQ and the some wish listing about the new Eldar codex...

http://lostvyper.blogspot.fi/2013/04/wishing-upon-codex.html

rpricew
04-24-2013, 10:57 AM
Yeah... I'm not feeling this Blog post. I give props to anyone who takes the time to write one, but that post wasn't the best or most inspiring. I apologize for the hate, as I don't mean to offend, but it's just my feelings.

Wish-listing is always good, but this seemed to be more from a perspective of fear than anything. As a Tyranid player, we have been wish-listing for years now, and with a potential new codex...there is some hope for a balanced book. The one thing that the new codices are offering is a more balanced feel (and a few must haves sprinkled in...looks at Heldrake).

I believe that the Eldar codex is going to bring the same feel, and some new fancy units that will fly off the shelves since they are so good. Some of the older units (that everyone has already) will be ok and you'll probably going to want to field a unit of them here and there. I do agree that Runes is probably going to get a range nerf (like the Psychic hood). It may even be turned into a DTW bonus, since that's the prevailing mechanic for stopping Psychic powers (not counting current Eldar/Tyranid abilities).

If you take a nod at Tau Devilfish... I don't think the Wave Serpent is going to get a fancy new overhaul. For reasons stated above... everyone has 3 already (I have 5 Devilfish), why would they make it awesome?

Lost Vyper
04-25-2013, 06:25 AM
Opinions appreciated, just my few cents on the subject. Thereīs been so much pondering about the subject, that i just collect my own wishes for the matter. Canīt make everyone happy, but as long as i am, i really donīt give a **** :)

Defenestratus
04-25-2013, 12:11 PM
Your wishlisting is not only horribly written but its full of horrible wishes.

T4 Scorpions? No. Cheaper Harlequins? Yeah right. Hornets in the Codex? Yeah thats not happening. Cheaper Wraithlords? BWHAHA. BS4 war walkers? Oh my.

bfmusashi
04-25-2013, 01:14 PM
Your wishlisting is not only horribly written but its full of horrible wishes.

T4 Scorpions? No. Cheaper Harlequins? Yeah right. Hornets in the Codex? Yeah thats not happening. Cheaper Wraithlords? BWHAHA. BS4 war walkers? Oh my.
Going BS4 implies an aspect and that begs the question, why is there no Aspect of Khaine as a giant warbot?

Lost Vyper
04-26-2013, 02:40 AM
What is a definition of a wish?
(1.to want; desire; long for (usually followed by an infinitive or a clause): I wish to travel. I wish that it were morning.
2.to desire (a person or thing) to be (as specified): to wish the problem settled.)
Hmmm...Well, some of the people with wooden eyes donīt seem to know. With the Grey Knights and Necron uber-cheese, these would be the WISHES that i have for the new Eldar codex. I know, thereīs not going to be most/any of these, but it would balance the codex, just fe. Hornets or BS4 on the Walkers (with an VEHICLE upgrade as i explained). Options would just be nice. Of course, if the BS4 upgrade on a Walker would cost like 20-30p, how many would take it? It would be like 60p for a set of three and 180p for the 3 x 3 Walkers which i roll mostly. I would see myself getting the upgrade for one unit and keep the two on the cheaper note.
But wait, these wishes are horrible, so letīs all curl up to a little ball, and hope that the world donīt hurt us today. And if it does, just offer pointless comments on the boards and be utterly useless.