PDA

View Full Version : 2K SW/IG List

Chexmix282
04-22-2013, 03:59 PM
This is the latest list i have been bouncing around in my head. I think I have all my bases covered, but let me know what you think!

Primary Detachment - Space Wolves

HQ
Rune Priest 120
-Terminator Armor, Divination

Elites
Lone Wolf 85
-Terminator Armor, Chainfist, Storm Shield

Lone Wolf 85
-Terminator Armor, Chainfist, Storm Shield

5 Wolf Scouts 85 (they outflank and target a key vehicle... most useful against IG)
-Meltagun

Troops
10 Grey Hunters 170
-2 Plasmaguns, Wolf Banner

10 Grey Hunters 170
-2 Plasmaguns, Wolf Banner

Heavy Support
5 Long Fangs 175
-4 Lascannons

5 Long Fangs 115
-4 Missile Launchers

5 Long Fangs 115
-4 Missile Launchers

Allied Detachment - Imperial Guard

HQ
Company command Squad 80 (they ride in the vendetta)
-3 Meltaguns

Elites
5 Storm Troopers 105 (they likely will deep strike)
-2 Meltaguns

Troops
Infantry Platoon 235
Platoon Command Squad
-Missile Launcher
2x Infantry Squad
-Missile Launcher
Heavy Weapon Team
-Mortars

Fast Attack
Vendetta 130

Heavy Support
2x Leman Russ Demolisher 330

Total: 2,000

My concern is that I may have overloaded on anti-tank and will have a hard time against hordes. This concern is why I haven opted for Missile Launchers where possible, giving me the option to frag enemy units. This is also why I have included a Mortar team (even though they are usually regarded as sub-par).

The Lone Wolves and Grey Hunters are my sole CC units, meaning that the army will likely fold to an opposing force with a strong and durable CC presence (TH/SS Termies come to mind). This is why I took Demolishers and Plasmaguns :P

Blenderovski
04-22-2013, 05:28 PM
Is this an all-comers list? Or is there a specific opponent in mind?

Chexmix282
04-22-2013, 08:29 PM
Is this an all-comers list? Or is there a specific opponent in mind?

This is an all-comers list; I do not tailor to my opponents.

Corbarvius
05-01-2013, 03:58 PM
I like your list barring the Storm Troopers, which are an easy Kill Point. Yes they can do a suicide Deep Strike, but I'm not convinced that they will to be very effective.

Their points could be used for a Defence Line + Quad Gun, really helping your IG Infantry. As the Platoon Commander has BS4, he could fire the Quad, and you could give the Platoon HQ squad an Autocannon instead of the ML.

I think your IG Infantry squads would be better off with Autocannons too, as your Long Fangs have plenty of MLs.