PDA

View Full Version : a Different approach to tau

Dan Robert Geiman
04-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Hey guys been tinkering around with the new codex and I think I might have the beginings of a good tourney list let me know what you think.

Hq:

Commander
command and control node burst cannon and flamer
Commander
multi-spectrum sensor suite burst cannon and flamer

troops:

Kroot x 20
sniper rounds
Kroot x 20
sniper rounds
fire warriors x 12
devilfish
fire warriors x 12
devilfish

Elite:

Riptide x 2
ion accelerator and velocity tracker

fast attack:

pathfinder x 10
grav drone and pulse accelerator rail rifles x 2
pathfinder x 10
grav drone and pulse accelerator rail rifles x 2

heavy:

Broadsides x 2
high cap missles and velocity trackers

let me know what you think im new to tau the idea is to have each of the commanders join a kroot squad in cover the fire warriors are mobile objective holders while the pathfinders marker everything and the big guns take out threats.

Tynskel
04-19-2013, 04:00 PM
I would put the Control Node and Multi-spectrum on the same commander.

spaceman91
04-19-2013, 04:46 PM
Probably going to be told im a dumbass but, same as above. Replace second commander for fireblade. Replace one of the holding units for fire warriors. Join the two and you then have a very dangerous unit holding an objective.

Dan Robert Geiman
04-19-2013, 05:07 PM
Probably going to be told im a dumbass but, same as above. Replace second commander for fireblade. Replace one of the holding units for fire warriors. Join the two and you then have a very dangerous unit holding an objective.

Confused on what u mean by replace one of the holding units

spaceman91
04-19-2013, 05:30 PM
Confused on what u mean by replace one of the holding units
one of the kroot units. Sorry

Iceman
04-22-2013, 01:42 PM
I would consider taking the rail rifles out of the pathfinder units. Since your primary stated purpose of your pathfinders is to markerlight targets the 60 point rail rifle upgrade can be used better elsewhere. I know it has already been said but combining the command and control node and multi-spectrum sensor suite in one suit is better. That will give you back a bunch more points. If you can squeeze in a Hammerhead with rail cannon, that will help you take out AV 13 and 14 vehicles which this list will struggle against.