5 Hammernators
Land Raider Redeemer, Multimelta

Comments? Suggestions?

Pendragon38
04-18-2013, 08:31 PM
do your drop pods have locator beacons

Falconjab
04-18-2013, 09:03 PM
Most opponents will pop your LR almost immediately (especially if you go second), but a few opponents will have trouble with it. Other than the Hammernators, I don't see a lot of killing power in this list. I'm guessing you're bringing the Heavy Bolters for snap-firing, but unless you're planning on moving them every turn I'd at least bring Missile Launchers instead. Also not a huge fan of Deathwinds... in my experience they do more harm than good and are sketchy offensive weapons at best. Personally I'd drop the Hammernators for some Dreads in Pods. Up to you.

Chapter Master Jake
04-18-2013, 09:37 PM
I think it might be wise to include some air power in the form of a gunship, and maybe drop those deathwind drop pods FOR that stormraven gunship. Also, maybe you could squeeze in a dreadnought or two if you drop that land raider and those terminators.

I'm a personal fan of tactical squads so I wouldn't support getting rid of them but if you like, a nicely tooled devastator squad wouldn't be a bad choice. In the famous words of Lufgt Huron, "Big guns never tire."

Blenderovski
04-19-2013, 11:58 AM
Your tactical squads in particular will be vulnerable to aerial assault, won't they?

Blenderovski
04-19-2013, 12:01 PM
Also, it may be more interesting to have some non-Drop Pod units. They're damn effective, but the list is a bit spammy... They'd probably do well though.

Tynskel
04-19-2013, 01:42 PM
Yay! A Droppod list.

Alright, you are not Blood Angels, so dump the land raider. Replace it with the 'other' 250 point vehicle: The Stormraven. You can still put the terminators in there, or give more flexibility in transport options for your marines. Add a locator beacon to the Stormraven. The Locator Beacon is a must! This allows you to jump out of the transport without fear of a bum landing.

Next, I would drop the libby. Yes, they are useful, however, you are lacking in heavy hitting power. So, replace the Libby with Vulkan. That'll make the Hammernators better, the flamers toastier, and meltas like 'fusion blasters'.

Drop one pod squad. Replace with Sternguard or Dreadnought. If dreadnought, take an Ironclad. You'll want to be in your opponent's face.

Power Klawz
04-19-2013, 02:22 PM
Yeah putting those termies in a flying land raider would kick this list up to 11 I think. Maybe a few changes in weapons loadout but one should never underestimate the ability of a bunch of tactical marines to blow holes in anything and everything while soaking damage like a... well like a space marine.

Seems like it'd be really fun to play with. Bolter spam is surprisingly interesting in my experience. Played a few low points games with greenwing DA and when backed up with a divination librarian bolter bros are dynamite.

Maybe dropping one of those tac squads for some sternguard would be cool? Sternguard with divination are borderline broken.

Might make the libby change his pants into power armor and put him in with the tac squads, hammernators can take care of themselves.

Blenderovski
04-19-2013, 06:26 PM
Stormraven! Stormraven!

Camael
04-20-2013, 07:40 AM
Is the Stormraven an Assault vehicle?
If so, I am totally gonna go for it with Lascannons and and a Multimelta, that, and a few other adjustments gives me vulkan!

Camael
04-20-2013, 07:51 AM
So I answerend my own question. How does this look? I think it looks pretty nasty!

HQ
Vulkan

Troops
Tactical Squad
Meltagun, Combimelta, Multimelta, Drop Pod

Tactical Squad
Meltagun, Combimelta, Multimelta, Drop Pod

Tactical Squad
Flamer, Combiflamer, Heavy Bolter, Drop Pod, Deathwind

Tactical Squad
Flamer, Combiflamer, Multimelta, Drop Pod,

Elites
5 Hammernators

Heavy Support
Stormraven
Lascannon, Typhoon Missile Launcher, Locator Beacon, Extra Armor

Camael
04-20-2013, 07:59 AM
Does this constitute an 11?
HQ
Vulkan

Troops
Tactical Squad
Meltagun, Combimelta, Multimelta, Meltabombs Drop Pod

Tactical Squad
Meltagun, Combimelta, Multimelta Meltabombs, Drop Pod

Tactical Squad
Flamer, Combiflamer, Multimelta, Meltabombs, Drop Pod

Elites
5 Hammernators

Heavy Support
Stormraven

Thunderfire Cannon

Thunderfire Cannon

Pendragon38
04-20-2013, 08:48 AM
Does this constitute an 11?
HQ
Vulkan

Troops
Tactical Squad
Meltagun, Combimelta, Multimelta, Meltabombs Drop Pod

Tactical Squad
Meltagun, Combimelta, Multimelta Meltabombs, Drop Pod

Tactical Squad
Flamer, Combiflamer, Multimelta, Meltabombs, Drop Pod

Elites
5 Hammernators

Heavy Support
Stormraven

Thunderfire Cannon

Thunderfire Cannon
This is a list I would play in a heart beat, reason you are have TFCs and they work well and there cheap

Camael
04-20-2013, 10:00 AM
I really like it! I am gonna buy stuff for it!

Blenderovski
04-21-2013, 02:39 AM
That looks like a really solid list! One thing I would suggest, although you might not want to tweak it, is sticking a Thunderfire Cannon in one of your drop pods instead of the Tactical Squad... Carnage! It'd still be the same models though, so that's just tweaking to suit your needs :) Good list!

Tynskel
04-21-2013, 07:24 AM
you have the points wrong on the Stormraven:
The Typhoons + Locator + Ex Armor = 255

Blenderovski
04-21-2013, 07:59 AM
Hntz! Well spotted!

Camael
04-21-2013, 08:31 AM
you have the points wrong on the Stormraven:
The Typhoons + Locator + Ex Armor = 255

I just checked Death from the Skies, its 240. I don't wanna post the points breakdown for fear of BoLS getting in trouble. Thanks for keeping my honest!

Tynskel
04-21-2013, 11:15 AM
ah. I haven't downloaded Death from the Skies yet (I think it is coming out electronically, soon). Is this reduction in points apply to Blood Angels, too?

Camael
04-21-2013, 05:48 PM
ah. I haven't downloaded Death from the Skies yet (I think it is coming out electronically, soon). Is this reduction in points apply to Blood Angels, too?

I think so!

Tynskel
04-21-2013, 06:48 PM
does it actually say blood angels are equipped with ______ ?

I know space marines and black templar get concussive blast missiles that are str 8 AP2. Blood Angels get Blood Strike missiles str8 AP1, and grey knights get mind strikes, which are str 4(?) 2+ against psykers.

Because that's nice, getting a 15 point reduction.

oh wow, just found my copy. if you are just taking the locator beacon, that a 20 point reduction in cost! yowzers!

oh and the storm talon is cheaper, too!

Camael
04-21-2013, 08:42 PM
does it actually say blood angels are equipped with ______ ?

I know space marines and black templar get concussive blast missiles that are str 8 AP2. Blood Angels get Blood Strike missiles str8 AP1, and grey knights get mind strikes, which are str 4(?) 2+ against psykers.

Because that's nice, getting a 15 point reduction.

oh wow, just found my copy. if you are just taking the locator beacon, that a 20 point reduction in cost! yowzers!

oh and the storm talon is cheaper, too!

Isn't it excitin?

Tynskel
04-21-2013, 10:53 PM
Yeah, I need to remake some lists...
That frees up something like ~40 points in a BA–Space Marines list I was making.

Timothy Eatherly
04-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Elites
5 Hammernators
Land Raider Redeemer, Multimelta

I'd drop the land raider and just go with ten terminators with storm shield/thunder hammer instead. you're lacking any long range shooting which i've come to relay on when playing any troop heavy list. 40 Power Armor wounds are great and **** but if you get indirect ap3 brought down on you'll be giving up those wounds at a pretty quick rate. i see where you are going with the multimelta and heavy bolter but you're list seems to aggressive to make much use of them. like others i would suggest trading them out for missile launchers.
Troops: Tactical Squad (11 , 250 pts) Infantry Assault Grenades Krak Grenades Power Armour Bolt Pistol (x9)
Boltgun (x7) Meltagun Missile Launcher
Sergeant Assault Grenades Krak Grenades Power Armour
Melta Bombs Combi-Plasmagun (x1) Power Fist (x1)
Drop Pod [35] Vehicle (Immobile, Open-topped) Storm Bolter
Total Cost: 250
Maybe something like this. Personally I've never liked combi weapons as i will unfailingly fail to hit anything but fugit... if it works for you go for it.

DoomMouse
04-26-2013, 08:01 AM
Don't you need to have some of your troops starting on the battlefield? I suppose you could just use some of the tactical combat squads.

DeadPanda
05-01-2013, 11:21 AM
With that original list I would be dropping the Libby for Vulkan Hestan. With all those flamers and melta and hammernators it would be silly not to.