PDA

View Full Version : need help with an 1850 tau competitive list

Dan Robert Geiman
04-18-2013, 08:01 AM
here are to list i have so far let me know what you think and if i should change anything thanks

so here is my list so far what do you guys think.

!850 Tau

Hq:
cadre fireblade with 2 shield drones

Troops:
4 x firewarriors ten man squads
Shasui with markerlight and a marker drone and shield drone

Elite:
2 x riptide with velocity tracker and a sheild missle drone

Fast:
2 x pathfinder ten man squads
grav-inhibitor drone, pulse drone,3x rail rifles
shasui with shield drone.
Heavy:
2 x Broadside two man squad with velocity trackers

let me know what you think was wondering if the list would be stronger with a commander and some suits or the way it is know tare it apart.

my second list is more mobile but feels it lacks total troops

Hq:
Commander: Drone controller and plasma rifle

Troops:
2x Fire warriors 8 man squads with a devilfish transport
1x fire warriors 7 man squad with a devilfish transport

Elite:
xv8 crisis suits 3 man with Misslepods plasma rifle and velocity tracker 2 x markerdrone 2x shield drone

2x ripetide: plasma rifle ion accelorator stim injector velocity tracker

Fast attack:
2x Pathfinders 5 man squads 3 rail rifles
1x ten man drone squad 4 gun 6 marker

heavy:
1x 3 man broadside suits rail rifle plasma rifle velocity tracker and 3x sheild drones

Iceman
04-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Honestly it is hard to comment without understanding better how you plan on using the forces. Here are some things to consider:
Pathfinders are much more efficient markerlight units than giving marker drones to your firewarrior shas-ui. Without a drone controller, they are only BS-2.
If you are going to use your pathfinders to provide markerlight hits then you should not spend the points on rail rifle upgrades. In general, consider using pathfinders in one of two ways: 1) Pure markerlighting or 2) Small long-range heavy firepower units with rail rifles or ion rifles sitting back and hitting targets from a distance.
Be careful with shield drones. My adding a shield missile drone to your riptide, you will force a morale check if it is destroyed.
Neither list will do well against armies with AV 13 or 14 vehicles.
Both lists seem a little heavy on expensive velocity trackers.
I assume on the second list you plan on joining the commander to the drone squad. I would consider sticking to 6 marker drones and leave out the gun drones.