View Full Version : Ragnar Blackmane Model Size Comparison

The Sovereign
04-17-2013, 05:36 AM
Can someone provide a good size comparison photo of the Ragnar Blackmane model next to a regular marine or current Grey Hunter model? I like the Ragnar model, but I know it was designed in 3rd Edition or so, when the scale was smaller than it currently is.

spaceman91
04-17-2013, 06:02 AM
Can someone provide a good size comparison photo of the Ragnar Blackmane model next to a regular marine or current Grey Hunter model? I like the Ragnar model, but I know it was designed in 3rd Edition or so, when the scale was smaller than it currently is.

you don't need the black mane model. You can make one out of the parts in the SW box. I love mine far more then i like the metal one. This my be because i made it myself.

The Sovereign
04-17-2013, 06:12 AM
you don't need the black mane model. You can make one out of the parts in the SW box. I love mine far more then i like the metal one. This my be because i made it myself.

Thanks for the reply, but this is known. I ask because I actually have a preference for the Blackmane model, and I'm just concerned about scale variance in my army (as I learned the hard way with the Ulrik and Grimnar models).

Denzark
04-17-2013, 06:32 AM
Ragnar was designed at the back end of 1st Ed... But I think the model still holds up well.

ClownBabyROK
04-17-2013, 07:53 AM
The Ragnar model will be significantly smaller than a more recent Space Marine model. I have the metal Azrael model and he is not only dwarfed by other Marines in my army, but by the Guardsmen I throw him in with. It's very embarrassing for him.

Shotgun Justice
04-17-2013, 09:05 AM
You said you've got Ulrik?
Google turned this up http://store.wargamingtrader.com/item/m2667ws

The Sovereign
04-17-2013, 10:17 AM
You said you've got Ulrik?
Google turned this up http://store.wargamingtrader.com/item/m2667ws

Well done! This is the sort of thing I was looking for to give me a frame of reference. Thanks!

olberon
04-17-2013, 11:39 AM
i decided to make my own after buying the original. he indeed is a dwarf compared to mine. a few parts (which you have in spare if you are playing space wolves) can make a pretty nice ragnar (check out my wilca fenrica blog over here at the forums)