PDA

View Full Version : Man of Steel Trailer#3

Brakkart
04-16-2013, 07:21 PM
Oh this looks amazing!

http://youtu.be/T6DJcgm3wNY

eldargal
04-16-2013, 11:24 PM
It is looking excellent, hope it delivers.

DeadPanda
04-17-2013, 12:56 AM
Really looks fantastic, I was a bit dubious at first but this trailer really excites me.

DrLove42
04-17-2013, 01:44 AM
Russel Crowe as Jor-El? Bit wierd....

This looks a lot better than the last trailers. But I still don't think he looks like a Clark Kent.

Although Amy Adams is still hot...

Wildeybeast
04-17-2013, 12:59 PM
You sound surprised by that. She's a stone cold hottie, end of. As for Jor-El, give me Terrence Stamp any day.

rpricew
04-17-2013, 02:52 PM
Definitely looking forward to this... I think Russell Crowe is a good choice for Jor-El. What do you think about Kostner for Jonathan Kent?

Brakkart
04-17-2013, 03:02 PM
You sound surprised by that. She's a stone cold hottie, end of. As for Jor-El, give me Terrence Stamp any day.

Terrence Stamp is General Zod to me. I know he was Jor-El in Smallville but never really got into that show. But as Zod he was superb.

"You will bow down before me Jor-El, both you and then one day, your heirs!"
"Come to me son of Jor-El... Kneel before Zod!"

Just pure class.

Mr Mystery
04-18-2013, 06:22 AM
Meh. I'll wait until a mate gets this on DVD. Not a massive DC fan, and I found the latest Batman trilogy ran out of steam fairly quickly.

I mean, it's based on a comic book, you can only make it so serious. Batman Begins - Awesome, really really good origin story. Dark Knights - Good, focussing on the baddy...better. But kind of oddly paced for me. Dark Knight Rises - Well didn't you just jump the shark? Bane is terribad. Cat Woman serves little to no real purpose (other than having a lovely bum) and the plot is simply riddled with holes (where are the armed citizen vigilantes? This is meant to be a particularly dangerous US city....). Also, the growly talk got dull really early. I'm surprised nobody ever offered Batman a Strepsil.

eldargal
04-18-2013, 07:20 AM
Didn't care for the Batman trilogy either, but Man of Steel is looking less grimdark and a little more interesting in my opinion.

Incidentally today is the 75th anniversary of both Superman and Lois Lane.

Mr Mystery
04-18-2013, 09:43 AM
I dunno. Got a horrible nagging feeling all the 'cool bits' are in that trailer.

So far, only a single half decent Superman film has been produced, and that's Superman III. Yep, even better than II in my opinion! DC just have lame heroes! Either way, way too hard (Superman) pointless (Green Arrow) or...oddly suggestive (Green Lantern, who can form his light into anything he can conceive, but always chooses to have a fist emerge from his ring.....)

Brakkart
04-18-2013, 09:52 AM
So far, only a single half decent Superman film has been produced, and that's Superman III. Yep, even better than II in my opinion! DC just have lame heroes! Either way, way too hard (Superman) pointless (Green Arrow) or...oddly suggestive (Green Lantern, who can form his light into anything he can conceive, but always chooses to have a fist emerge from his ring.....)

Superman III is terrible, only IV is worse. Can't agree with you that DC have lame heroes, they have far better characters (and a much better universe) than Marvel does, though I'll grant you that Green Arrow isn't that great (I've not seen any of the current Arrow tv show though which is meant to be pretty good). As for Green Lantern, it really depends on which Green Lantern you're referring too, by the fist reference I'd have to guess it's Hal Jordan and yeah he is pretty boring. Kyle Rayner (an artist), John Stewart (an ex-marine sniper and architect) and Guy Gardner are all far better (and more imaginative) characters as are most of the alien GL's too.

eldargal
04-18-2013, 10:11 AM
Batman is ok and Batgirl, Batwoman, Black Canary and more are all interesting too. Not keen on Superman though, I don't like those sorts of all-powerful super heroes. Having said that they can still be interesting, I'm enjoying the current run of Supergirl comics.