PDA

View Full Version : Basilisk on back order for two weeks in USA???

volrath8754
04-16-2013, 12:47 PM
Hey guys I ordered a basilisk from my FLGS last week. Today I got a call from the store owner telling me they are back ordered two weeks. I live in Wisconsin in the USA. Has anyone had similar issues. I've never seen anything delayed in the ten years I've been playing 40K. Thoughts???

OrksOrksOrks
04-16-2013, 03:28 PM
Basilisk seems to always be on back order lately, I wouldn't read too much into it

DWest
04-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Lately it seems *everything* I order is backordered- Pink Horrors were back'd for a month, and now Plaguebearers. The guy who runs the FLGS says it reminds him of the policy Marvel Comics started running with, where they print to order, with only a tiny overstock to cover damaged materials. I could see GW going to a similar process perhaps?

jgebi
04-16-2013, 04:04 PM
well they couldn't as the need a warehouse in each country(give or take) to deal with orders, but they might just going to start screwing over all the companies that buy from them with that policy just for them

TheBitzBarn
04-16-2013, 05:33 PM
This is more an issue they lack manufacturing resources and instead of increasing and spend cash they are running on shortages and creating artificial demand and back orders. The Basilisk has been on back order for 2 months. Oh dont forget the Chaos Chariots, All the Tau releases and SM Drop Pods all been on back order recently.

MajorWesJanson
04-17-2013, 06:36 PM
I'd say it is less lacking manufacturing resources and more a result of the more rapid release schedule. Having to print enough models to cover a new book every month means they have less time, and can't build up as much stock to cover unexpected demand.