PDA

View Full Version : Inquisitorial Retinue

rusty84
04-16-2013, 03:59 AM
Hi all,

My primary force is Space Marines but i want a small force of Grey Knights as allies.
I have an Inquisitor and currently play him using the rules for Coteaz thus allowing me to field a retinue as a Troops choice.
I've painted up a load of different models and am currently working on a Chimera to get them all into the thick of the fighting, and was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what are the best picks for the retinue?
I've collected and painted for years but only recently started getting into the gaming side and i deffinately need to brush up on tactics and troop choice!

Cheers

Mr Mystery
04-16-2013, 04:59 AM
Depends.

Are you looking for an unusual unit, or a powerful unit? Do you want them to compliment your existing force, or cover a gap in your line?

rusty84
04-16-2013, 08:42 AM
In my head Im after an assault unit, the plan is to get them up close with the chimera and disembark in the thick of it. I've played them a few times now but without a transport and they just get picked off before having an impact.
At the moment I have the following painted up models to choose from.

1 Inquisitor
2 Deathcult Assassins
1 Crusader
1 Psyker
2 Acolytes w flamers
1 Acolyte w melta gun
2 Acolytes w hotshot lasguns
3 Acolytes w Boltguns

ive added a photo of the models to my gallery.

Mr.Pickelz
04-17-2013, 09:32 AM
If you want an assaulty-unit, then go with a mix of Deathcults and Crusaders. Maybe an acolyte with a flamer or two, but for the most part, you will want the Deathcult for killing stuff, and the Crusaders for absorbing stuff.

rusty84
04-17-2013, 02:38 PM
Thanks, do really like the crusaders and death cut models shame they theres such a limited number!

ClownBabyROK
04-17-2013, 10:44 PM
If you are going for assault, certainly go with DCAs and Crusaders. I've seen people use DE Witches as DCAs and they worked quite well. For crusaders you can get Bretonnian Men at Arms or use D&D Knight models or something like that.

rusty84
04-18-2013, 03:41 AM
Cheers, thats an awesome idea!