PDA

View Full Version : Bases

Minibem
04-16-2013, 03:18 AM
Morning all,

Finally managed to finish painting a model and come a bit stuck on the base. The model in question is a battle suit and so I want to make the base look good. I have some green stuff and a load of spare guns etc but any ideas would be grateful. I would like to carry on the theme throughout my army. Any suggestions of things to buy or effects that look good appreciated.

Thanks

Bell

isotope99
04-16-2013, 03:35 AM
With different sized sand you should be able to create an effect where it looks like the battlesuits jump packs are blowing away the ground (see black hawk down or similar film) steps are:

Pick one or two spots as close to the outflow of the jump pack;
Create a shallow crater effect around those spots with green stuff
Put coarser sand/gravel further away from those spots and finer sand as you get closer;
When painting, paint the coarse sand darker and the finer sand a lighter colour.

DrLove42
04-16-2013, 03:52 AM
Also In future I would suggest basing the ...well ...base with the sands before you spray.

Minibem
04-17-2013, 02:09 AM
Thanks for the advice. Had a play with green stuff last night and it looks quite good. :) Will post a pic up here by the end of the week to get feedback

ARBAL
04-18-2013, 05:28 AM
Pls look at my blog HOW TO section about basing:
http://www.coloureddust.com.pl/p/how-to.html

Minibem
04-19-2013, 03:42 AM
Thanks, I did try it and it doesn't look too bad. Will upload a pic tonight and await feedback....

Minibem
04-23-2013, 02:52 AM
so finally have some pictures of base and model. Let me know your thoughts...

I think that the "creators" look more like cow turds so any help appreciated. 39343935

Arbal I will look at those blogs tonight