PDA

View Full Version : Master of Ordnance

Aldramelech
10-31-2009, 05:18 AM
This has probably been asked and answered already, but I cant find it.

Does the Master of Ordnance Arty attack use the small or large template?

The book just says Ordnance Barrage 1.

The AKH
10-31-2009, 06:45 AM
Ordnance weapons always use the large blast, IIRC.

Aldramelech
10-31-2009, 08:08 AM
Unless their non blast of course........:p

Thank you.

PostWarFolk
10-31-2009, 04:33 PM
Master of Ordnance is the man. Targeted a devilfish. It scattered wildly and still killed a battle suit and sniper team. He kills at the start of the game.

Culven
10-31-2009, 08:54 PM
Ordnance weapons always use the large blast, IIRC.
Only in non-English rulebooks. The English rulebook does not state that all Ordnance weapons use the Large Blast Marker. The rulebook states that all Ordnance Blast weapons use the Large Blast Marker, and all Barrage weapons use a Blast Marker. Therefore, Ordnance Barrage weapons use the Large Blast Marker.

Aldramelech
11-01-2009, 03:02 AM
Master of Ordnance is the man. Targeted a devilfish. It scattered wildly and still killed a battle suit and sniper team. He kills at the start of the game.

When I started the 501st I looked at the book and discounted the Regimental Advisor's (apart from the Bodyguards) Don't use reserves as a rule, so The Officer of the Fleet ain't much use, same for the Astropath.
Don't know why I ignored The Master of Ordnance, probably because I was trying to keep costs down.

But on Wednesday after getting overrun by Orks again! I thought I need more big template attacks.
Then Yesterday I was looking at the bits I had left over from various sets, and realized I could "make" an officer/commissar type. I looked at the book and it lept out of the page. Big template attack every turn for 30pts! What was I thinking!

So one home made Master of Ordnance appearing on the 501st thread soon!

RogueGarou
11-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Don't forget that the Master of Ordnance attack always scatters. If you roll a hit, it still scatters 2D6 inches. You may still subtract the model's Ballistic Skill if it has line of sight. If the model does not have line of sight, then it scatters 3D6 inches.

Aldramelech
11-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Don't forget that the Master of Ordnance attack always scatters. If you roll a hit, it still scatters 2D6 inches. You may still subtract the model's Ballistic Skill if it has line of sight. If the model does not have line of sight, then it scatters 3D6 inches.

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/andyblackmore/100_0313.jpg

Thats not gonna be a problem! lol :p

gwensdad
11-01-2009, 03:53 PM

Best time I've used mine, had LOS, rolled the dice, got a scatter and 3 "1"s. It was so beautiful *sniff*

Lord Azaghul
11-02-2009, 07:42 AM
I can't stay away from the MoO. I like to place him with LOS to most of the field, then place the rest of the squad in cover. He almost always makes it points back, I've had his kill tanks, skimmers, mobs of things.

Aldramelech
11-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Ill post a piccy when Ive done Him.

This Can be the new home of Master of Ordnance Fans everywhere. Put your pictures and amusing story's here.

SombreBrotherhood
11-03-2009, 10:06 AM
The MoO! HA!

Aldramelech
11-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Care to elaborate?

Lord Azaghul
11-03-2009, 11:07 AM
It was on my post Master of Ordnace, or MoO for short!;)

Aldramelech
11-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Got ya.......