PDA

View Full Version : Loganwing 1,500

Chexmix282
04-13-2013, 02:06 PM
I have been trying to adjust my Loganwing army to the 6th edition rules, and after some playtesting I think this is a good enough list for tournament play. I try to avoid taking allies at 1,500 to avoid the additional HQ and Troop requirements.

HQ
Logan Grimnar 275

Elites
5 Wolf Scouts 85
-Meltagun

Troops
5 Wolf Guard 140
-Terminator with Cyclone Missile Launcher and Power Axe, 1 Combi-Melta (attached to Wolf Scouts)

5 Wolf Guard 135
-Terminator with Cyclone Missile Launcher and Power Axe

5 Wolf Guard 135

5 Wolf Guard 135

Heavy Support
6 Long Fangs 215
-5 Lascannons

6 Long Fangs 140
-5 Missile Launchers

6 Long Fangs 140
-5 Missile Launchers

Fortifications
Aegis Defense Line 100
-Quad-Gun

Total: 1,500

Logan and a spare Wolf Guard join the Lascannon Long Fangs on the Defense Line. Logan gives the unit Tank Hunters and mans the gun himself. A BS5 Quad-Gun with Tank Hunter should be enough anti-flyer for this points level. I will ensure to keep the gun near my board edge so that it cannot be vector striked by Helldrakes before getting its Interceptor shots.

The Combi-Melta Wolf Guard joins the Wolf Scouts in their outflanking mission, hoping to take out a key vehicle. This unit is mostly in the list for IG and Tau matchups. Against an army with a Land Raider they may infiltrate instead, giving me a mid-table melta threat.

The Wolf Guard and other Long Fangs stick to terrain and Frag/Krak everybody. Man, Missile Launchers are awesome.

Thoughts or criticisms?

kyfer
04-17-2013, 08:58 AM
Whilst I like this list, and it can definitely deal it out, you may want to invest in something other than just Wolf Guard termies in troops. I just feel you might be losing man-power from it, you have long fangs that can shoot 2 enemy units per unit through split fire every turn, you probably don't need so many Missile WG termies. Maybe cut one or two of them, replace with a small unit of grey hunters (or even blood claws, cheaper but for a reason) to fill out your army a bit more and add something that can hold onto objectives longer. Plus you can pair them up with WG if you need to, adds a bulwark into them.

Note however I do not play Space Wolves, so please take with a HUGE pinch of salt. I just think it may suffer from being a 'French breakfast'- awesome and elite, but not enough, especially compared to a cheap all-you-can-eat buffet like orks and nids who will hugely outnumber this force for the amount of points spent regardless, let alone a smaller-than-average number. That can be a huge factor, being an Eldar player in their better days, trust me that much I know. But I love the concept of this force though! Good luck and good gaming mate :)

kyfer
04-17-2013, 09:00 AM
BTW just to be sure, those are one man WG units, not 5 yes?

Chexmix282
04-17-2013, 03:08 PM
BTW just to be sure, those are one man WG units, not 5 yes?

Those are 5-man Wolf Guard units, including a single Terminator in each. This gives me 20 scoring models.

DemonFerret
04-17-2013, 08:16 PM
Whilst I like this list, and it can definitely deal it out, you may want to invest in something other than just Wolf Guard termies in troops. I just feel you might be losing man-power from it, you have long fangs that can shoot 2 enemy units per unit through split fire every turn, you probably don't need so many Missile WG termies. Maybe cut one or two of them, replace with a small unit of grey hunters (or even blood claws, cheaper but for a reason) to fill out your army a bit more and add something that can hold onto objectives longer. Plus you can pair them up with WG if you need to, adds a bulwark into them.
:)

Grey hunters and Blood Claws are both 15 points, if your going to add a small unit, add Grey hunters, much more flexible.

Blenderovski
04-19-2013, 06:33 PM
Twenty scoring units is still a bit light when facing up against hordes such as Orks and Nids. Whilst your Swulves will be devillishly good at dishing out pain, the sheer weight of numbers and balance of odds will mean you lose your guys to annoying lasgun or bolter fire or equivalent. Even a mountain gets worn down if enough rain drops fall on it... Philosophical, huh? I back the Grey Hunters suggestion.