PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Point Deathwing Variant ... Give me some Feedback.

Whereswaldo
04-10-2013, 06:12 PM
I have been running a few different variants feel no pain with max terminators, one with dreadnoughts mixed in, now I am looking to try out one mixing in a land raider with deathwing knights or TH/SS terminators.

Here are the two variants I have come up with so far - fliers spam is not a huge in my local scene.

Dark Angel’s Deathwing 1500 Point – Knight Land Raider Variant

Belial (Terminator Armor, Lighting Claws) – 190 {Attached to the Deathwing Knights}

5 Deathwing Terminators (Deathwing Terminator Sergeant with Power Sword & Storm Bolter, 4 Deathwing Terminators, Plasma Cannon) – 235 {Deployed Using Deathwing Assault}

5 Deathwing Terminators (Deathwing Terminator Sergeant with Power Sword & Storm Bolter, 4 Deathwing Terminators, Cyclone Missile Launcher) – 245 {Deployed Using Deathwing Assault}

5 Deathwing Terminators (Deathwing Terminator Sergeant with Power Sword & Storm Bolter, 4 Deathwing
Terminators, Cyclone Missile Launcher) – 245 {Deployed Using Deathwing Assault}

Deathwing Knights (Knight Master, 5 Deathwing Knights, Perdious Relic of the Unforgiven) – 291

Land Raider Crusader (Multi-Melta, Deathwing Vehicle) – 290 {Deathwing Knight Dedicated Transport}

= 1496

Dark Angel’s Deathwing 1500 Point - Land Raider Variant

Belial (Terminator Armor, Thunderhammer & Storm Shield) – 190 {Attached to the Command Squad}

Deathwing Command Squad (5 Deathwing Terminators, 5 Thunderhammer & Storm Shields, Deathwing Standard) – 290

5 Deathwing Terminators (Deathwing Terminator Sergeant with Power Sword & Storm Bolter, 4 Deathwing Terminators, Plasma Cannon) – 235 {Deployed Using Deathwing Assault}

5 Deathwing Terminators (Deathwing Terminator Sergeant with Power Sword & Storm Bolter, 4 Deathwing Terminators, Cyclone Missile Launcher) – 245 {Deployed Using Deathwing Assault}

Land Raider Crusader (Multi-Melta, Deathwing Vehicle) – 290 {Deathwing Knight Dedicated Transport}

= 1495

I would really like to swap one of the TH/SS terminators with a Chainfist / Heavy Flamer but I would need to cut 5 points to do so. With the remaining I could always throw a chainfist into the plasma cannon group for the 5 point filler but I feel the chainfist / heavy flamer would server the assault group more.

The main difference between the lists is the initiative and hitting power of the assault group. Belial with Lighting Claws with 6 Knights charging with frag launchers would pack quite a punch against certain unit types while being ineffective against others.
The Knight list would shred through some units while the TH/SS combo are your stable heavy hitters coupled with a deathwing banner for the extra attacks.

Anyone have any input on how they feel these two lists would perform, which of the two is better, or any changes that could be made?

Thanks